What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm typically lucky in games of chance and attribute my not winning the lottery to having bought only one lottery ticket in my lifetime.

Being an engineer and understanding statistics ruins the whole boundless dreaming while breathlessly awaiting part for me, but my BIL won a $100K Playboy Magazine drawing just by entering, pointing out that against all odds, someone does draw the lucky number.
Even with a rudimentary understanding of the laws of probability - it kinda ruins gambling for me -

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Me too............

The glass shop quoted delivery of the first two sets as "before the end of the month". I'm guessing next month on this one, if they can build it at all. It is precision fit in some places, which will require some wet grinding, but allows you to open and close the bag valve. The first version opens the valve and leaves it open, but the water trap in the bubbler keeps it from leaving.

View attachment 18986992
I really don’t see a reason to close the bag valve unless of course you don’t intend to empty it which I always do. If you wanted to save it in between your sesh, you could just remove it and put the mouthpiece back on. Or perhaps there is a glass valve you could add something like this
IMG_2642.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I went to Ocho Rios when I was a kid(maybe 15 years old). It was really nice. My sister and my wife went on a ‘girls vacation’ a few years ago. They said it was filthy with plastic cups, cigarette butts and other trash all over the beach. No one picked up after themselves any more. Kinda sad.
Ya - I've witnessed similar mostly tourist enhanced pollution over the years - back in 1983 when I first visited an island called Koh Tao - in the Gulf of Thailand - it was pristine - and it was also a transitioning penal colony - fulla coconut groves and mango trees - perfect beaches - and beautiful flora and fauna - today its a tourist death trap - fulla Thai gangs - and drunk tourists - with loads of pollution - and murders happening quite frequently - real sad 😔 -

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Ya - I've witnessed similar mostly tourist enhanced pollution over the years - back in 1983 when I first visited an island called Koh Tao - in the Gulf of Thailand - it was pristine - and it was also a transitioning penal colony - fulla coconut groves and mango trees - perfect beaches - and beautiful flora and fauna - today its a tourist death trap - fulla Thai gangs - and drunk tourists - with loads of pollution - and murders happening quite frequently - real sad 😔 -
Disgusting! People are pigs.

oldfogey8

Has anyone here ever won the lottery - or won big in any game of chance 🤔?
- Having never been a betting man my self - I've never won anything ( other than 3x$50 Jackpots on a fruit machine in 1978) - because I don't bet often - or ever these days -

I won about $2500 on the Connecticut state lottery close to 3 decades ago. I was playing my kids birthdays for numbers and had the telly on when the drawing happened. After I had the first 3 numbers drawn, I told the wife we had all 3 numbers. When the 4th came, I told her we probably had won $100. Then the 5th came and I was pretty stoked. No luck on the 6th though. Bummer. I was also on Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2001 or 2. Never made it to the hot seat because I couldn’t figure out the buttons on the control pad but came close but I mixed up the order of Gilligans Isle and Hawaii Five O. Had I gotten that order right, I knew all the answers up to and including the $250,000 question. It was cool though because at the time, the show flew us to NYC, put us up in a nice hotel and gave us $150 for food(though we blew it on a breakfast buffet-had no idea that it cost $70/person😳). I met Regis Phillbin and watched him be an asshole to one of the interns for not having a glass of water for him. The makeup woman told me as she was putting pancake makeup on my face that I was going to be a problem because of my bald head. I was seated directly behind the hot seat so she had to come out every break and apply more because the lights were shining off of my chrome dome. 😂

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Denver is a sanctuary city and we have almost 40,000 of illegals now roaming our streets.

We take pride in keeping the state clean....not anymore!!!! Piles of trash are showing up all over the place. Plus we are spending so much $$ on housing and feeding them we can't afford to maintain things. Our streets are full of pot holes that are now not being maintained!

The state can't afford this mess!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To me it’s amazing that you can order such a part. I’m assuming that they blow it then grind it. would like to see that process.
It is interesting to watch. They would first blow it and then fully anneal the borosilicate before wet grinding.

He's set up to grind his own tapers, so I've inferred he could grind a cylinder and a groove. He is out of town as we speak, so I don't expect a quick response.

I'm sure the craftsman would love to have you watch and ooh and ah. Let me know the next time you're in the area and I'll set it up.

jokerman

Premium user
I'm typically lucky in games of chance and attribute my not winning the lottery to having bought only one lottery ticket in my lifetime.

Being an engineer and understanding statistics ruins the whole boundless dreaming while breathlessly awaiting part for me, but my BIL won a $100K Playboy Magazine drawing just by entering, pointing out that against all odds, someone does draw the lucky number.
To me the lottery is a tax on people who cant do the math.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really don’t see a reason to close the bag valve unless of course you don’t intend to empty it which I always do. If you wanted to save it in between your sesh, you could just remove it and put the mouthpiece back on. Or perhaps there is a glass valve you could add something like this
View attachment 18987027
There is actually really no need for a valve because of the water trap, but the video that you shared had one arrangement where they attached a glass taper to an existing plastic bag mouthpiece to retain that feature, so I thought I would offer it both ways.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I won about $2500 on the Connecticut state lottery close to 3 decades ago. I was playing my kids birthdays for numbers and had the telly on when the drawing happened. After I had the first 3 numbers drawn, I told the wife we had all 3 numbers. When the 4th came, I told her we probably had won $100. Then the 5th came and I was pretty stoked. No luck on the 6th though. Bummer. I was also on Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2001 or 2. Never made it to the hot seat because I couldn’t figure out the buttons on the control pad but came close but I mixed up the order of Gilligans Isle and Hawaii Five O. Had I gotten that order right, I knew all the answers up to and including the $250,000 question. It was cool though because at the time, the show flew us to NYC, put us up in a nice hotel and gave us $150 for food(though we blew it on a breakfast buffet-had no idea that it cost $70/person😳). I met Regis Phillbin and watched him be an asshole to one of the interns for not having a glass of water for him. The makeup woman told me as she was putting pancake makeup on my face that I was going to be a problem because of my bald head. I was seated directly behind the hot seat so she had to come out every break and apply more because the lights were shining off of my chrome dome. 😂
It's not fair - us Slap-Heads always seem to need more makeup - when in a studio situation - to prevent glare - I commiserate - lol

Latest posts

Latest posts