What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
My momma tried to serve up tongue ones. She should have cut it up in cubes or something, it was just a giant tongue on a platter. I still remember my mouth watering when she sliced it up. I didn’t eat it, she didn’t make me either she must have seen the green look on my face…

oldfogey8

si ! welcome back! we missed you terribly, hows the Mrs and did you bring back any snacks !
All is swell. No snacks. All the locals I asked about cannabis were hesitant to speak about it. We were on the west coast. One driver told me the carribean side was ‘more Rastafarian’ which I think was a way of saying weed was more accepted. If/when we go back, we are going to explore the carribean areas. My guess is they did not want their employers to find out they spoke about our favorite plant. Had a great time. Saw many interesting animals and plants. Poverty is rampant there. Spoke with a resident who was like minded politically. Blew his mind by telling him about ‘squatting’, no voter ID required to vote and the corruption of our politicians. He said he pulled his kids from school over ‘woke’ bullshit. Their president is pushing WEF crap as well. Debated one your guide who touted his countries lack of a military. He said they were happy to use their taxes to pay for healthcare, social programs and education and reliance on America to protect them. Migrants are a crime issue there as well but they are all transiting thru Costa Rica headed for the US. 😡

oldfogey8

Glad you made it home safe. How’s Mrs fogey doing. I hope y’all’s flight was good. Did you have that I’m caring weed in my underpants look when they asked you about contraband? Let us know how the garden is…

The garden survived. I think drip irrigation may have delayed ripening as all my plants are still mostly clear and cloudy trich-wise. Leaves are dark, dark green and shiny on the Heri-Berry plants, less so on the Dawg-Devi plants. 2 moar weeks as big likes to say. I like the colors though on these plants(Heri-Berry slight stretch).
IMG_3160.jpeg

The no stretch Heri-Berry plants look almost like a single cola.
IMG_3146.jpeg

I pulled the drip system and gave them all a good flushing this morning.

Seeds still look pale on all plants so I am happy I didn’t chicken out and chop before I left.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
The garden survived. I think drip irrigation may have delayed ripening as all my plants are still mostly clear and cloudy trich-wise. Leaves are dark, dark green and shiny on the Heri-Berry plants, less so on the Dawg-Devi plants. 2 moar weeks as big likes to say. I like the colors though on these plants(Heri-Berry slight stretch). View attachment 18986878
View attachment 18986879

Seeds still look pale on all plants so I am happy I didn’t chicken out and chop before I left.
I knew they would be ok. Did you son have to fill the reservoir?

kevinn

All is swell. No snacks. All the locals I asked about cannabis were hesitant to speak about it. We were on the west coast. One driver told me the carribean side was ‘more Rastafarian’ which I think was a way of saying weed was more accepted. If/when we go back, we are going to explore the carribean areas. My guess is they did not want their employers to find out they spoke about our favorite plant. Had a great time. Saw many interesting animals and plants. Poverty is rampant there. Spoke with a resident who was like minded politically. Blew his mind by telling him about ‘squatting’, no voter ID required to vote and the corruption of our politicians. He said he pulled his kids from school over ‘woke’ bullshit. Their president is pushing WEF crap as well. Debated one your guide who touted his countries lack of a military. He said they were happy to use their taxes to pay for healthcare, social programs and education and reliance on America to protect them. Migrants are a crime issue there as well but they are all transiting thru Costa Rica headed for the US. 😡
I was there 20 years ago and I have heard that it has got worse, i.e. more rich tourists and more poverty. Most are real nice people and inviting, except, as always, the ones that are not trying to get one over on you. I do not think I would go back unless I was going to stay some where in the northwest by the ocean for 6 months. Can not afford that so will not happen. The Caribbean side is much more rural and jungle like. Roads are worse so it is a lot of work/time to move around.

Last edited:

oldfogey8

The garden survived. I think drip irrigation may have delayed ripening as all my plants are still mostly clear and cloudy trich-wise. Leaves are dark, dark green and shiny on the Heri-Berry plants, less so on the Dawg-Devi plants. 2 moar weeks as big likes to say. I like the colors though on these plants(Heri-Berry slight stretch). View attachment 18986878
View attachment 18986879

I guess some of the seeds are ready. Still need to ripen though.

Chem Dawg Special Reserve x Nanda Devi F2 seed. Many more to come.

IMG_3172.jpeg

oldfogey8

I was there 20 years ago and I have heard that it has got worse, i.e. more rich tourists and more poverty. Most are real nice people and inviting, except, as always, the ones that are not trying to get one over on you. I do not think I would go back unless I was going to stay some where in the northwest by the ocean for 6 months. Can not afford that so will not happen. The Caribbean site is much more rural and jungle like. Roads are worse so it is a lot of work/time to move around.
We went to Monteverde in central CR on our last stop. A small city with nearly vertical switchback roads. The west coast has some cities. They were dirty but the rural areas were beautiful. It is expensive for sure. Most of the people are very kind and polite. Supposedly the capital city of San Jose is going thru a crime wave due to gangs and drug trade wars. Guns are not outlawed yet but they limit ownership to 2 guns I guess.

Unca Walt

420club
oh my kidneys are certainly not right, 3A...the last month was difficult on me...2 procedures and too many idiot doctors, was queasy so food and water didn't happen as it should have...dehydrated and weight loss...got a bill today , they billed me rather than the insurance company...before I could tell them to pack sand I got a sincere apology...that was quite unexpected...I see the kidney doc on the 30th so I need to drink a gallon a day...green tea and water is all I consume...kinda boring 'eh...
@Boo -- Brother, I just now caught this. Creatine. Shitdamnhell.

You are drinking caffeine (bad) with your green tea.

I strongly suggest that just for now, while you are flushing -- LAY OFF ALL TEA. <-- You are interfering with the flush by drinking even green tea. And you are adding a filtering load you needn't add to your kidneys:

"Green tea has between 30 and 50 mg of caffeine per 8-ounce cup...

Unca Walt

420club
You just talk... the words appear on the screen. You can edit up a fargin storm in minutes just by re-talking and splicing in anywhere.
HAH! I forgot!! There is now also a program (app) that not only corrects spelling, but changes syntax, etc. <-- An editing program.

Compared to a real edit job, it sucks... but it is infinitely better than "as written" free associations and English usage from an author.

Latest posts

Latest posts