What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bear shitting in woods.jpg
bear piss woods.jpg

OleReynard

Good morning raining with a bit of big snowflakes right now.
Will be seeing no eclipse here today.

Gotta finish uppotting today then clean the upstairs maybe do a bit of wash.

Gotta make it into town sometime today.
Put together the new fish locater it's an all season meaning soft or hard water. What an SOB putting the shell on holes did not line up right.

Rain most of this week not supposed to be amounting to squat although Thursday they're calling for storms.

CharlesU Farley

Folks... we are in a spiral. The dollar soon will be no more.

Here is an example that we are all familiar with: A Big Mac hamburger.

When the Big Mac came out (identical to today's BTW) it sold for 45 cents.

The price slowly increased until 2022, when it sold for $5.

Well, Pilgrims... the price of a Big Mac this morning is $18

That is the real dollar value drop IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS
If people just had the balls to quit buying $18 Big Mac's, the price would come down. Now where I am, that price ain't even close to 18 bucks.

Harley and I can split a cheeseburger and fries at a sit down restaurant _cheaper_ than we can buy anything at Burger King or McDonald's, with a 20% tip.

Since us old farts remember inflation from the '70s, this ain't nothing we ain't seen before.

CharlesU Farley

- as I often do - when trying to get the mindset of someone who might do such a thing - thought to myself -

'Yeah - if I was a monkey 🐒 all locked up in an enclosure like that - unable to roam the jungles of the Congo as all my ancestors had before me - then I might well resort to slinging some shit - too' - 😉 -
That is a very unique ability and one that I have really worked on to master... putting yourself in _other_ people's shoes, to see not only why _they_ are reacting the way they are but how _you_ would react if you were in that same situation.

I'm right there with you. Those humans are going to have some _shit_ on them, one way or another, if I'm stuck in a fucking cage and not roaming the jungles like I should be. 😂

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
If people just had the balls to quit buying $18 Big Mac's, the price would come down. Now where I am, that price ain't even close to 18 bucks.

Harley and I can split a cheeseburger and fries at a sit down restaurant _cheaper_ than we can buy anything at Burger King or McDonald's, with a 20% tip.

Since us old farts remember inflation from the '70s, this ain't nothing we ain't seen before.
I haven't had a Big Mac on over 10 years....do love em though!