What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I've been working on a concentrate vaporizer design that is easier on my abused and aging lungs than my past two designs. I've made good progress and am currently awaiting some glass parts that I'm having built locally by Oracle Glass. I ordered two pieces, a #14 borosilicate taper to 8.5mm hose barb, and a #14 borosilicate taper to mouthpiece.

I was blown away by the $20 bid after working with a scientific glass manufacturer for years and paying those prices. Also, for the short deliver, with a promised delivery of this week.

Besides a couple bubble chambers to cool down the vapors and strip off some of the harsh terpenes, the key is the electrically heated 20mm Diamond Knot borosilicate nail. It has a super small bowl, which limits surface area, allowing you to string out the vaporization of a single dab to multiple draws.

After loading the dab, I place a carb cap over the nail and draw, which drops the atmospheric pressure in the bowl, causing the boiling point to drop and more rapid vaporization to occur. i get about five smaller hits from a dab instead of one or two large ones.

I'll post pictures of the prototype test sled here and a blurb in the concentrates thread, when I have all the final parts and have tested the complete system rather than just parts.
Sounds interesting. Anything to make it easier on the lungs. I like the 3 small hit thing. Small hits are better…

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is "Moon Rock"? it's on the sign...
You roll a bud in cannabis essential oil or distillate and then in kief.

It gives good head but is also extremely harsh to smoke.

Caviar.jpg

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds interesting. Anything to make it easier on the lungs. I like the 3 small hit thing. Small hits are better…
The key is the borosilicate Diamond Knot Domeless Nail which has a small cup in the center, surrounded by a ring of intake holes to pull the vapors produced through. I heat it with a 20mm heating coil, controlled with a PID.

diamond-knot-quartz-nail-efficient-nails.jpg
heating coil.jpg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I've been working on a concentrate vaporizer design that is easier on my abused and aging lungs than my past two designs. I've made good progress and am currently awaiting some glass parts that I'm having built locally by Oracle Glass. I ordered two pieces, a #14 borosilicate taper to 8.5mm hose barb, and a #14 borosilicate taper to mouthpiece.

I was blown away by the $20 bid after working with a scientific glass manufacturer for years and paying those prices. Also, for the short deliver, with a promised delivery of this week.

Besides a couple bubble chambers to cool down the vapors and strip off some of the harsh terpenes, the key is the electrically heated 20mm Diamond Knot borosilicate nail. It has a super small bowl, which limits surface area, allowing you to string out the vaporization of a single dab to multiple draws.

After loading the dab, I place a carb cap over the nail and draw, which drops the atmospheric pressure in the bowl, causing the boiling point to drop and more rapid vaporization to occur. i get about five smaller hits from a dab instead of one or two large ones.

I'll post pictures of the prototype test sled here and a blurb in the concentrates thread, when I have all the final parts and have tested the complete system rather than just parts.
Could that concentrate vaporizer be exited into a vape bag like the volcano so you can take little hits and it remains in the bag?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
The key is the borosilicate Diamond Knot Domeless Nail which has a small cup in the center, surrounded by a ring of intake holes to pull the vapors produced through. I heat it with a 20mm heating coil, controlled with a PID.

View attachment 18982627 View attachment 18982629
The concentrates go in the glass? The nail is the heat right and you hold it over the concentrates in the glass ?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

View attachment 18982627 View attachment 18982629
Ok I just reread it. The coil is not the nail… sorry maybe I better you tube it. Or join someone in a sesh so I can get hands on direction 🤣

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could that concentrate vaporizer be exited into a vape bag like the volcano so you can take little hits and it remains in the bag?
Ummmmm, not easily. I'll think about it.
The concentrates go in the glass? The nail is the heat right and you hold it over the concentrates in the glass ?
The glass nail is heated to about 450F by the coil surrounding it..
Ok I just reread it. The coil is not the nail… sorry maybe I better you tube it. Or join someone in a sesh so I can get hands on direction 🤣
Here is a picture of the test sled with one chamber. You put the concentrate dab into a small cup in the center of the Diamond Knot Nail and the vapors produced are pulled into the bubble chamber through small holes in the nail surrounding the cup.
DSC_2887.JPG

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Two Gypsy Cheesy 🧀 Pies 🥧 with Bacon 🥓 Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese and the meat from 2 Organic Roast Chickens - Mashed Spuds with a pint of Double Cream - Sliced Spuds - Red Peppers 🌶 - Diced and Sliced Carrots - Sugar Snap Peas - Mushrooms 🍄 - Onions 🌰 - Garlic - half a can of Baked Beans 🫘 - 3 Chicken 🐔 OXO cubes - 2 Chicken Bouillon cubes - a little Extra Virgin Olive 🫒 Oil - made 😋 by my 2 teenage kids - under the close supervision of their Father 👨 - Mmmmm - Delishioso!
2024-04-0323.37.529082534602241070365.jpg

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Two Gypsy Cheesy 🧀 Pies 🥧 with Bacon 🥓 Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese and the meat from 2 Organic Roast Chickens - Mashed Spuds with a pint of Double Cream - Sliced Spuds - Red Peppers 🌶 - Sugar Snap Peas - Mushrooms 🍄 - Onions 🌰 - Garlic - half a can of Baked Beans 🫘 - 3 Chicken 🐔 OXO cubes - 2 Chicken Bouillon cubes - a little Extra Virgin Olive 🫒 Oil - made 😋 by my 2 teenage kids - under the close supervision of their Father 👨 - Mmmmm - Delishioso!
View attachment 18982650
Looks nummy! I am getting homade chicken soup with cornbread. Oh, I have no idea what's in it😀

Latest posts

Latest posts