What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I just spent the last hour freezing my credit reports so nobody can open a account in my name. There are 3 reporting agencies here. Experian, Equivax and Trans Union. Trans Union and Experian were easily done with no problems. However, Equifax was a pain. First, like Gypsy, I had to speak to an agent who of course spoke broken English! Had to get Mrs Pute to help me understand. Didn't work so we have to send in a letter requesting the freeze.......all because we couldn't understand their Agent!!! I could bite a nail in two.

At any rate my credit is frozen and no new account can be opened unless I unfreeze them. I feel better....shame you can't trust anybody these days.
I did that a few years ago when someone bought a new phone and service in my name. Found out when I got the first bill. No problems since.

oldmaninbc

oldfogey8

I just spent the last hour freezing my credit reports so nobody can open a account in my name. There are 3 reporting agencies here. Experian, Equivax and Trans Union. Trans Union and Experian were easily done with no problems. However, Equifax was a pain. First, like Gypsy, I had to speak to an agent who of course spoke broken English! Had to get Mrs Pute to help me understand. Didn't work so we have to send in a letter requesting the freeze.......all because we couldn't understand their Agent!!! I could bite a nail in two.

At any rate my credit is frozen and no new account can be opened unless I unfreeze them. I feel better....shame you can't trust anybody these days.
Been there, done that. The companies that have the breach are allowed to carry on like they didn’t screw up. They get protection while we get to keep an eye on our credit reports til death. Should do it regardless but it should just be due to safety not because some company didn’t want the expense of securing their(our) data.

oldfogey8

4th pic down - is that a HORNBILL?
1712098931016.png

oldmaninbc

Oh man - sounds like a real pain in the patootie - so many darn crooks/fraudsters out there - identity theft is a huge problem - there is some crook on Facebook pretending to be me - and another one who nicked gypsynirvana.com - when I forgot to renew that domain - doing the same - but I can't do nadda about it 😢
My neighbor around Christmas time had a phone call from a person whom she assumed to be her son asking for some money because of an accident he was in. It was not her son at all but a voice that sounded just like his. The police had no idea what to do about it.
My neighbor was out thousands of dollars.

CharlesU Farley

We still use our credit cards, just pay them off monthly since 1980. I've had fraudulent charges, but Visa has always removed them and in some cases issued me a new card.

We have no mortgages, and we got a letter of credit with our bank before I retired if we have any unusual expenses but haven't needed it for the 19 years since.

We've made some high dollar purchases but have managed to save the money and pay cash for them all. I don't see us having need for credit except for possible medical.

Part of the neat thing about being retired and in my dotage is that I've already had all the toys that I coveted so am a cheap date.
Right there with you, almost exactly.

House has been paid off almost 25 years now, have updated/upgraded almost everything including major possible/future expenses like roof, painting, etc., cars are 20+ years old so obviously paid for and almost no cost in insurance, absolutely no credit card debt. Almost no lust for material stuff now, since we got a hot tub when Harley retired.

Can't get a much cheaper date than Harley and me. ;)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
We still use our credit cards, just pay them off monthly since 1980. I've had fraudulent charges, but Visa has always removed them and in some cases issued me a new card.

We have no mortgages, and we got a letter of credit with our bank before I retired if we have any unusual expenses but haven't needed it for the 19 years since.

We've made some high dollar purchases but have managed to save the money and pay cash for them all. I don't see us having need for credit except for possible medical.

Part of the neat thing about being retired and in my dotage is that I've already had all the toys that I coveted so am a cheap date.
Right there with you....

giggy

Evening folks, just got home from the hospital and seeing my wife. She was sitting up and talking. They came and got her for a mri while we were there. Doctor said the spot dissipating. Now they have to find the cause. If they would of had another place I could have slept I would still be there. Hope all are doing well tonight, I'm wore out from the walk so yall have a great night.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

exactly….living like that will get one a credit score up around and above 800

Latest posts

Latest posts