What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I just spent the last hour freezing my credit reports so nobody can open a account in my name. There are 3 reporting agencies here. Experian, Equivax and Trans Union. Trans Union and Experian were easily done with no problems. However, Equifax was a pain. First, like Gypsy, I had to speak to an agent who of course spoke broken English! Had to get Mrs Pute to help me understand. Didn't work so we have to send in a letter requesting the freeze.......all because we couldn't understand their Agent!!! I could bite a nail in two.

At any rate my credit is frozen and no new account can be opened unless I unfreeze them. I feel better....shame you can't trust anybody these days.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I just spent the last hour freezing my credit reports so nobody can open a account in my name. There are 3 reporting agencies here. Experian, Equivax and Trans Union. Trans Union and Experian were easily done with no problems. However, Equifax was a pain. First, like Gypsy, I had to speak to an agent who of course spoke broken English! Had to get Mrs Pute to help me understand. Didn't work so we have to send in a letter requesting the freeze.......all because we couldn't understand their Agent!!! I could bite a nail in two.

At any rate my credit is frozen and no new account can be opened unless I unfreeze them. I feel better....shame you can't trust anybody these days.
Oh man - sounds like a real pain in the patootie - so many darn crooks/fraudsters out there - identity theft is a huge problem - there is some crook on Facebook pretending to be me - and another one who nicked gypsynirvana.com - when I forgot to renew that domain - doing the same - but I can't do nadda about it 😢

jokerman

Premium user
Actually he doesn't much look like Leah (his Mum) - I'm definitely the dominate genetic contributor where he is concerned - and looks alot like I did when I was his age - and when he was younger than his current 14 years - and not just looks - his personality is spookily similar to mine - so similar that I seem to know what he's thinking - or what he's going to do - before he does it 😉

His Mum says to me - 'He only got the strong black hair - and shorter stature - from my side of the family - everything else is you' -
I always say that to a father!
I said it to my cardiologist today looking at his beautiful kids.
I went to get pizza for my buddy's shop .
Girl Scouts! Ima a soft touch for them and their cookies.
I usually ask the girls "what grade are you in?" They reply "fourth grade"
I tell them " You have to be careful! Forth grade was the longest 2 years of my life☝️"
Some get it some don't.
Then knowing I am going to my favorite bakery .I buy 4 boxes asking first the favorite cookie of the 2.
I buy 2 of each, open the different boxes up and say I thought they were different, I don't like these and I opened the box.
You girls have to eat them.
Everyone smiles, meanwhile I ate one box b4 I left the parking lot.
Made substantial damage to my bakery too the next day.

jokerman

Premium user
Yup - lots of differing tangents from main themes - we seem to cover - interspersed with lashings of odd and sexy humour 😉 😜 - it's great 👍 absolutely - I've been enjoying the to-and-fro of it all - since finding this thread a few months back already SubGal - everyone seems to have much to say - and the time to say it -
so I've been enjoying 😉 it all - immensely -
don't believe Big! he is bald☝️😉

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All these fancy toys. I use a 5 gal bucket a 220 micron screen and dry ice....
Check out the bucket that made with a 150 micron stainless screen, reinforced with rabbit wire.

150 micron scapling bucket out of paint bucket-1.jpg

I’d have some splaining to do if I ordered that.
It would be a miracle if you found one too because it is a one-of-a-kind prototype that I designed.
1000 page thread! - already - well done guys and gals -

But I'm all stressed - really stressed - trying to quit this useless internet provider - Virgin Media - goes up and down like a cheerleaders panties on prom night - no wifi one day - then no internet another - rinse and repeat - then they say 'your contract ran out - so we have to charge you double for it' - and just to get thru to someone that speaks a form of English I can actually understand takes an hour and a half - being bounced around the world from New Delhi to Scotland - and back again - and still I only get 2 words out of 6 this 'customer service person' is saying - then I get another fella speaking in broad Glasweigan (Scottish) dialect - who says I failed security - after telling him that the last payment to Virgin Media came out of my bank account on 2nd April - after having to check my bank account - then he says 'when is the next payment due' - and I says - I don't want to make another payment because I want this sub-standard service ended PRONTO! - then he says I've failed security - because I can't tell him when the next payment is due to be robbed from me for their crap service - and hangs up on me - so here's me not only with a crap internet service having to pay double for it now - and can;t get the bloody thing cancelled - because I 'Failed Security' - SHEESH! - WASTED AN HOUR AND A HALF TO GET NADDA ACCOMPLISHED!

< high pressure steam coming out of Gypsy's ears>
Commiseration brother! My last one crashed and lost both my site and my backup........................

I did exactly the same thing and you are right about it being a pain in the ass. Too many accounts have been hacked that contained our personal information and we receive scams attempts daily.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Oh man - sounds like a real pain in the patootie - so many darn crooks/fraudsters out there - identity theft is a huge problem - there is some crook on Facebook pretending to be me - and another one who nicked gypsynirvana.com - when I forgot to renew that domain - doing the same - but I can't do nadda about it 😢
What surprises me is how many go after seniors. I try and pay cash for everything I can. I hate having to give our info about myself. I own nobody $$ and If I can't pay cash I don't need it. Now my credit if frozen. The bank is on notice that anything that looks suspicious to notify me immediately. Plus I use Zander security services for any activity on my house, credit cards....exc......

I think I am good unless I have a brain fart.

jokerman

Premium user

Don't sweat it ,Im good at that stuff☝️
Send me all your info and I can do it for ya🙄😊

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What surprises me is how many go after seniors. I try and pay cash for everything I can. I hate having to give our info about myself. I own nobody $$ and If I can't pay cash I don't need it. Now my credit if frozen. The bank is on notice that anything that looks suspicious to notify me immediately. Plus I use Zander security services for any activity on my house, credit cards....exc......

I think I am good unless I have a brain fart.
We still use our credit cards, just pay them off monthly since 1980. I've had fraudulent charges, but Visa has always removed them and in some cases issued me a new card.

We have no mortgages, and we got a letter of credit with our bank before I retired if we have any unusual expenses but haven't needed it for the 19 years since.

We've made some high dollar purchases but have managed to save the money and pay cash for them all. I don't see us having need for credit except for possible medical.

Part of the neat thing about being retired and in my dotage is that I've already had all the toys that I coveted so am a cheap date.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
We still use our credit cards, just pay them off monthly since 1980. I've had fraudulent charges, but Visa has always removed them and in some cases issued me a new card.

We have no mortgages, and we got a letter of credit with our bank before I retired if we have any unusual expenses but haven't needed it for the 19 years since.

We've made some high dollar purchases but have managed to save the money and pay cash for them all. I don't see us having need for credit except for possible medical.
I just have one debit card - that needs replacing - because its been worn down = friction burnt - have no credit cards at all - and I'd rather pay cash for anything - but these days - I do alot of swiping with the debit card -

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I hold absolutely no debt to any person or any entity, but I still keep one card in my wallet. If something happens to one of my boys, I need a high credit line in my pocket so I can take care of things immediately. I pay my bills within a week of receiving them. As Pute said, there’s way too many people trying to scam old goats like us.

kevinn

View attachment 18982098 View attachment 18982099 View attachment 18982100 View attachment 18982101 View attachment 18982102 View attachment 18982103 View attachment 18982104 View attachment 18982105 View attachment 18982106 We are staying on the Osa Peninsula and are astonished by the biodiversity. We have seen crocodiles, a sloth, a coati, macaws, parrots, toucans, leaf cutter ants, and a couple of humans ayahuasca-ing thru the day…
Are the iguanas walking around your feet at breakfast ???

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I hold absolutely no debt to any person or any entity, but I still keep one card in my wallet. If something happens to one of my boys, I need a high credit line in my pocket so I can take care of things immediately. I pay my bills within a week of receiving them. As Pute said, there’s way too many people trying to scam old goats like us.
I have one credit card and one only. Visa and got it when I first Met Mrs Pute.....had it since 1973! I rarely use it ....Mrs Pute does to pay bills. We pay it off monthly. No interest charge.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just have one debit card - that needs replacing - because its been worn down = friction burnt - have no credit cards at all - and I'd rather pay cash for anything - but these days - I do alot of swiping with the debit card -
I use the credit card and keep the debit card only for cash withdrawals at the ATM. If someone gets my Visa number and scams me, Visa will take it off. If someone gets my debit number and empties my account, I'm the one who's stuck.

In addition, I get cash back from my Visa. The banks call people like us, who pay it off monthly, freeloader because we pay nothing for the use of their services yet claim the rewards......................

I use my credit card for most expenses that I can, for the rewards and record keeping.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PS: I make a point to carry enough cash that I can pay cash for anything that I don't want recorded or pay our share of a dinner bill in cash to an associate who puts the whole bill on their Visa that they pay off monthly.

It saves him going to the ATM for cash before going to the dispensary and jacks up his rewards.

Latest posts

Latest posts