What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Tlatoani77

You have picked the right guy to follow. He is very valuable to this community and we appreciate him.
I know, he's one of the few experts on Mexican landraces :tiphat:

Thanks for sharing @Tlatoani77 🙏🏼
My pleasure!…

I'll be sharing more information about Mexican landraces as much as possible, including updates on a research project that started in 2019 and is still active, producing new findings...​

elchischas

Veteran
I know, he's one of the few experts on Mexican landraces :tiphat:

My pleasure!…

I'll be sharing more information about Mexican landraces as much as possible, including updates on a research project that started in 2019 and is still active, producing new findings...​
You have done an excellent job in the search for Guerrero varieties Unfortunately there is little information outside of Mexico, since over the years there are many varieties that are called "Acapulco Gold" I hope you can soon show here what the real Acapulco Gold is.

therealpacific

This passion I have for landrace cannabis has motivated me to research and seek out the true origin of Mexican creole strains. This is a strain I've been tracking for years (since 2020), and it's been quite an adventure, especially dangerous and adrenaline-filled, since it's well-known that the Mexican narco is very secretive and violent, and doesn't allow "loiterers"; the police are just as dangerous (corrupt)…

Anyway, despite all this, the goal was achieved: here's one of the most mythical Mexican motas of all time. Just mentioning its nickname among old-school marijuana users and some contemporary ones (not cannabis posers), brings up exciting comments about this herb, like it being the strongest they've ever tried, that it had an effect very similar to LSD, even that it was a niche weed for the most experienced users, which was sold "sinsemilla" for that niche, where they would pay $100 pesos for just a couple of joints…

"Caca de chango" is a strain from the mountain region of Guerrero; as mentioned in the first paragraph, an exceptional landrace. It has "flavors-odors" of wood with a sweet fruity background, also humidity, grass, seasoned with earthy notes, some phenotypes have a subtle cat piss flavor; all of this shows that landraces can have complex and very differentiated flavors and aromas from the common ranges of flavors: afghani/skunk, og, and haze. The buds are what give it its name, since the flowers have a ball shape with a "point" resembling the feces of said animal. Its effect is strong and long-lasting, euphoric, thoughtful, motivating, energetic, trippy, and happy. At times the effect is similar to LSD: right at the beginning after several puffs, it rises abruptly and can induce psychedelic effects that range from intensifying colors, to resembling the "wave" effect of LSD, presenting light to intense "flashbacks", and provoking a yellow/opaque aura in the ambient light followed by an euphoria that accelerates the heart rate, experienced just as I write these lines; the effect has no ceiling…

Very good weed for working, socializing, doing tasks, going on adventures, or practicing some sport. NFSOT just for info and preservation for scientific purposes.
Without a doubt, one of the best Mexican weeds!

🔥🇲🇽🔥

You have done an excellent job in the search for Guerrero varieties Unfortunately there is little information outside of Mexico, since over the years there are many varieties that are called "Acapulco Gold" I hope you can soon show here what the real Acapulco Gold is.m
Mountain Organics hold a 40+ year old cut of Acapulco Gold. It grows almost like a vine and has some of the thinnest leaves I've seen. Beautiful plant of which I have the BX.

Tlatoani77

You have done an excellent job in the search for Guerrero varieties Unfortunately there is little information outside of Mexico, since over the years there are many varieties that are called "Acapulco Gold" I hope you can soon show here what the real Acapulco Gold is.
Thanks bro! :headbange

You're right, most comments in the group associate any strain from Guerrero with the Golden... however, the state of Guerrero is huge and has a vast array of landraces: most of which are now hard to access due to limited production and the few producers who maintain the truly pure strains; they grow in mountains "besieged" by drug traffickers and soldiers, and are cultivated by families who have been working with them for generations. Unfortunately, commercial consumption, the hybrid boom, low cannabis prices, long flowering times, and several other reasons have led producers to stop growing them... I'll soon post info about the real "Acapulco Gold", don't worry, haha…

Mountain Organics hold a 40+ year old cut of Acapulco Gold. It grows almost like a vine and has some of the thinnest leaves I've seen. Beautiful plant of which I have the BX.
I've got some batches of Acapulco seeds (NFSOT), I'll share some details about Acapulco gold soon…

You're right, most comments in the group associate any strain from Guerrero with the Golden... however, the state of Guerrero is huge and has a vast array of landraces: most of which are now hard to access due to limited production and the few producers who maintain the truly pure strains; they grow in mountains "besieged" by drug traffickers and soldiers, and are cultivated by families who have been working with them for generations. Unfortunately, commercial consumption, the hybrid boom, low cannabis prices, long flowering times, and several other reasons have led producers to stop growing them... I'll soon post info about the real "Acapulco Gold", don't worry, haha…

I've got some batches of Acapulco seeds (NFSOT), I'll share some details about Acapulco gold soon…
I don't think that these are not being grown but instead I think this is being done very low key to avoid cartel and other interference. It is not being done to get rich or to become famous or a target. Quiet people doing what they have done but quietly. They may tell you while you are standing in front of a plant that they have no idea of what you are talking about.

There may be 100 strains of Guerrero. Not just "Acapulco Gold" as I don't think that was ever a 'strain' named that to begin with. Marketing language to sell product.

elchischas

Veteran

That will be really great
Thus, little by little, the veil of myth that surrounds the varieties of Guerrero state will be uncovered and will be elucidated.

elchischas

Veteran
I don't think that these are not being grown but instead I think this is being done very low key to avoid cartel and other interference. It is not being done to get rich or to become famous or a target. Quiet people doing what they have done but quietly. They may tell you while you are standing in front of a plant that they have no idea of what you are talking about.

There may be 100 strains of Guerrero. Not just "Acapulco Gold" as I don't think that was ever a 'strain' named that to begin with. Marketing language to sell product.
Guerrero is totally different from the other states where it is planted in Mexico
Its people have a unique profile in their way of being and do the things.
many varieties are still there in the mountains some others have been lost due to various circumstances.
What is a reality is that the best varieties of Mexican cannabis are still preserved

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Followed El back to this thread didn't realize he started it. My fave page to lurk here.

Got some heavy cat-piss and sour diesel looking and kinda smelling phenos (acapulco) can't verify if they are gold or not. But that's what they were labelled

Cat-piss (spray)
Screenshot_20240901_221045_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20240901_221036_LinkedIn.jpg
20240901_204921.jpg
20240901_204918.jpg
IMG_20240829_110345_886.jpg
Screenshot_20240828_200841_Gallery.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Sour diesel" pheno

20240829_211740.jpg
Screenshot_20240829_222136_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240829_222059_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240829_222007_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240829_221724_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240829_221338_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240829_221257_Gallery.jpg

These beans really surprised me. Got 2 females out of 6. No intersex issues (that I noticed so far far)

EnjoyingLife

elchischas

Veteran
There's plenty of pure Old Colombian strains around.
I got pure Mangobiche colombian seeds
If you are interested to give a try one day
i actually would very much be interested. Can do a trade potentially?
High elevation down south. All my plants stretched and fell into flower early. started em pretty much outside in april and they were ready and willing come second half of july. We dont really get twilight hours here. Just kind of all of a sudden day, then all of a sudden night.

IMG_20240902_200343523.jpg

Ill have a feminized F2 of these two coming soon to hunt for hermie resistant clones. I dont have any more of the original seeds after these poppings. No suitable males of a pure enough lineage, so i pulled the silver out on one small branch overhanging the plant in the 3rd/4th/5th image. Two purest plants i got from the cross. Very glad the beans were still viable. Been several years.

IMG_20240826_181628988.jpg IMG_20240831_192249774.jpg IMG_20240826_181559312 (2).jpg IMG_20240825_175010296.jpg IMG_20240831_195541354.jpg
Pheno in first two picks smells of bubblegum, with some columbian skunk-ass over top. 3/4/5 just smells very strongly of cannabis. It's a little crazy in the sticky gooey department too. It glues my arm hairs together when im messing with it already. no sweet or fruity, no gassy, no floral. Just very strongly of cannabis, only way i know to describe it.

All of the plants from the crosses regardless of the direction the phenotypes went have had unbelievably good structure. Fantastic pm and fungal infection resistance. Ive never seen plants so perfectly formed and symmetrical before. Ill take any sativa land races i can get lmao. Looking at plants of this lineage almost makes me tear up lmao.

I have a male from a Nevil's NL x Pure Indica Ive hit this one with. this ones pure electric, super sharp columbian skunk-ass lol. This thing absolutely stinks. It's the raunchiest skunkiest plant ive ever grown. It absolutely wreaks in the best way possible. clones of this one will be around for quite some time if i have anything to say about it.
IMG_20240901_204027189 (3).jpg

heres a pic of this cola, just because i climb the ladder to sit and stare at it myself. She got that fire-crotch in her heart, can already tell.
IMG_20240831_192241375 (4).jpg

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i actually would very much be interested. Can do a trade potentially?
High elevation down south. All my plants stretched and fell into flower early. started em pretty much outside in april and they were ready and willing come second half of july. We dont really get twilight hours here. Just kind of all of a sudden day, then all of a sudden night.

View attachment 19058807

Ill have a feminized F2 of these two coming soon to hunt for hermie resistant clones. I dont have any more of the original seeds after these poppings. No suitable males of a pure enough lineage, so i pulled the silver out on one small branch overhanging the plant in the 3rd/4th/5th image. Two purest plants i got from the cross. Very glad the beans were still viable. Been several years.

View attachment 19058805 View attachment 19058823 View attachment 19058804 View attachment 19058806 View attachment 19058822
Pheno in first two picks smells of bubblegum, with some columbian skunk-ass over top. 3/4/5 just smells very strongly of cannabis. It's a little crazy in the sticky gooey department too. It glues my arm hairs together when im messing with it already. no sweet or fruity, no gassy, no floral. Just very strongly of cannabis, only way i know to describe it.

All of the plants from the crosses regardless of the direction the phenotypes went have had unbelievably good structure. Fantastic pm and fungal infection resistance. Ive never seen plants so perfectly formed and symmetrical before. Ill take any sativa land races i can get lmao. Looking at plants of this lineage almost makes me tear up lmao.

I have a male from a Nevil's NL x Pure Indica Ive hit this one with. this ones pure electric, super sharp columbian skunk-ass lol. This thing absolutely stinks. It's the raunchiest skunkiest plant ive ever grown. It absolutely wreaks in the best way possible. clones of this one will be around for quite some time if i have anything to say about it.
View attachment 19058803

heres a pic of this cola, just because i climb the ladder to sit and stare at it myself. She got that fire-crotch in her heart, can already tell.
View attachment 19058826
Looks a shit ton like the pure lumbo I got in the jungle of peru. I call her narco gold

Reeks to high heaven. Like a skunk sprayed fresh lime juice

Screenshot_20240818_081722_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240818_081948_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240818_082320_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240818_082427_Gallery.jpg

But seeing how this is a Mexican thread. I have a wicked line if limon verde grown in Mexico for decades that came to Mexico circa the 60s

Exact same smell as narco gold just replace limes with lemons. Reeks to high heaven.

Screenshot_20240818_094043_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240818_094137_Gallery.jpg

I should mention you get the odd wiff of sharp fuel on live ripe plants. Gotta be standing on the right side of the wind to catch it

Looks a shit ton like the pure lumbo I got in the jungle of peru. I call her narco gold

Reeks to high heaven. Like a skunk sprayed fresh lime juice

View attachment 19058869 View attachment 19058870 View attachment 19058871 View attachment 19058872

But seeing how this is a Mexican thread. I have a wicked line if limon verde grown in Mexico for decades that came to Mexico circa the 60s

Exact same smell as narco gold just replace limes with lemons. Reeks to high heaven.

View attachment 19058878 View attachment 19058879

I should mention you get the odd wiff of sharp fuel on live ripe plants. Gotta be standing on the right side of the wind to catch it
my columbian dominant phenos are sharp, gassy in the right air. But there's this very distinct overlaying skunky raunch.
The original seeds came from an old Deadheead who spent a lot of time in the early 90s backpacking in south america. Allegedly befriended some weed growers from the mountains before he knew they grew weed for the cartels. One of em gave him a bunch of weed with seeds in it, and he kept the seeds and mailed them back to his brother along with lots of other cool knicknacks and stuff from down there.

He died about 3-4 years ago. Kept in touch with him til the pandemic got him. I wish i still had the original seeds he gave me, but doubt they would be viable any more. But it does feel kinda like im carrying on that old deadhead's legacy with these plants.

If you go a page or two back you can see my photos pf the original fire-hair sativa tree i made the cross with.

I have a mexi red x afghani skunk recreation attempt plant too, but the flowers are like 90% afghani direction lol. Smell and look both. Only had the one old seed from a KC commercial growers, wish i coulda pheno hunted the cross.

this is the Mexi red x Afghani. 100% land race genetics. (which i think should be columbian x mexican x afghan IIRC, and is why i call it a skunk recreation attempt seed) Was hoping for a more sativa dominant phenotype, but ill take it!
IMG_20240831_193131126 (1).jpg

IMG_20240831_193146449 (2).jpg IMG_20240902_200404743_HDR.jpg IMG_20240831_193211737.jpg

These land race DNA plants are the most perfectly formed, symmetrical, best flowering structure plants ive ever put outside. They perform outdoors like a gelato or something performs indoors lol.

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my columbian dominant phenos are sharp, gassy in the right air. But there's this very distinct overlaying skunky raunch.
The original seeds came from an old Deadheead who spent a lot of time in the early 90s backpacking in south america. Allegedly befriended some weed growers from the mountains before he knew they grew weed for the cartels. One of em gave him a bunch of weed with seeds in it, and he kept the seeds and mailed them back to his brother along with lots of other cool knicknacks and stuff from down there.

He died about 3-4 years ago. Kept in touch with him til the pandemic got him. I wish i still had the original seeds he gave me, but doubt they would be viable any more. But it does feel kinda like im carrying on that old deadhead's legacy with these plants.

If you go a page or two back you can see my photos pf the original fire-hair sativa tree i made the cross with.

I have a mexi red x afghani skunk recreation attempt plant too, but the flowers are like 90% afghani direction lol. Smell and look both. Only had the one old seed from a KC commercial growers, wish i coulda pheno hunted the cross.

this is the Mexi red x Afghani. 100% land race genetics. (which i think should be columbian x mexican x afghan IIRC, and is why i call it a skunk recreation attempt seed) Was hoping for a more sativa dominant phenotype, but ill take it!
View attachment 19059014
View attachment 19059015 View attachment 19059016 View attachment 19059020

These land race DNA plants are the most perfectly formed, symmetrical, best flowering structure plants ive ever put outside. They perform outdoors like a gelato or something performs indoors lol.
I made f1 in 2020 and ran a bunch last year and I agree. That first generation narco gold x my elite clones were and are epic!

I made f1 in 2020 and ran a bunch last year and I agree. That first generation narco gold x my elite clones were and are epic!
best cross ive ever made. Hands down. Every pheno is unique, and every pheno is highly desirable. out of 21 phenotypes popped so far by me and others, not one clone has been ditched yet, we cant bring ourselves to do it with any of them. But there also hasnt been a single repeat phenotype either.
They grow themselves too, they need fed less, bug treatments less, and dont need PM or rot preventatives at all. These plants know exactly what theyre doing. They wont grow over top of each other even when planted too close, and they can tell where all the other plants are around them 100% for sure. I almost want to call them smarter then your average cannnabis plant too. They need no loli popping, no defoliating, no topping, they branch out as fast as up. They keep themselves open, and they produce far more flower then leaf. Their bud:leaf ratios look like indoor grown hazes.

The intended pheno hunt just turned into pheno overload. Every damn plant is perfect, but truly unique. Their structure alone is a thing of true beauty. I have never in my life seen so many perfectly formed, perfectly symetrical plants budding all the way in and all the way down. They are immaculate. COuldnt have picked a better sativa pheno to cross the columbian with.

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
best cross ive ever made. Hands down. Every pheno is unique, and every pheno is highly desirable. out of 21 phenotypes popped so far by me and others, not one clone has been ditched yet, we cant bring ourselves to do it with any of them. But there also hasnt been a single repeat phenotype either.
They grow themselves too, they need fed less, bug treatments less, and dont need PM or rot preventatives at all. These plants know exactly what theyre doing. They wont grow over top of each other even when planted too close, and they can tell where all the other plants are around them 100% for sure. I almost want to call them smarter then your average cannnabis plant too. They need no loli popping, no defoliating, no topping, they branch out as fast as up. They keep themselves open, and they produce far more flower then leaf. Their bud:leaf ratios look like indoor grown hazes.

The intended pheno hunt just turned into pheno overload. Every damn plant is perfect, but truly unique. Their structure alone is a thing of true beauty. I have never in my life seen so many perfectly formed, perfectly symetrical plants budding all the way in and all the way down. They are immaculate. COuldnt have picked a better sativa pheno to cross the columbian with.
You basically took the words out of my mouth to a T.

Over all they were the nicest plants out of 150. Got some surprising Mango,pineapple and banana from one if the crosses

Latest posts

Latest posts