What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Jon 54

Wait for the BUZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wait for the BUZZZZZZZZZZZ

Kaiki,
Those leaves sure do bring back the Grass of the Seventies!!!It's been a while since I seen plants like that. Do you think that they would come out better outdoors?I know you will have some psychoactive smoke later this year. The look of those leaves show a pure Sativa plant don't you think?? They aren't hybrids are they?I hope not.

Jon 54 :tiphat::plant grow::plant grow:

C

charlie garcia

I believe they can be a F1 Jon but who knows
at least like you say, extremelly narrow leafes at the top of some
and some sweet/citric aroma in the smell right now
best
kaiki

C

charlie garcia

No idea yet, there should be, and in fact there is, some variability depending on parentals and phenotypes.
For best reply I should grow 100 and tell you later :)
But Oaxaca 79 S1 could go from 9 weeks to 14.
3 males of te Trance hit the 79
cuidese
kaiki

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I acquired a cutting of something named Fruity Pebbles. The person who sold it to me said it is basically Mendocino Madness, an old strain that has been around these parts for a long time. Now I understand that Mendo is a Oaxacan Trance x Indica cross of some sort. The cut looks nothing like that beauty that Charlie is growing. It looks like your basic Indica Sativa cross that is everywhere around here. However, when I was shopping for cuttings I told the purveyor that I was looking for something energetic and cerebral, and this is what he recommended. I believe this person might know what he is talking about since he is almost as old as I am, remembers fondly Thai, and most fondly a piney Mexican strain that he smoked back in the 70s.

I tried slowly synchronizing my indoor lighting to the lighting conditions outside when I planted, to avoid flowering. I failed miserably. I planted too early and buds formed. It is only now starting to get green leafy growth out of the buds. These cuttings will not get big, but at least I'll get a chance to sample something and decide which ones I want to use as seed producers for next year. I'll post a picture when it straightens out and gets adult looking leaves.

The funny thing is, the plant I have that looks the most like Oaxacan Trance is a cutting I bought named Sour Diesel.

picture.php

This is an old picture, and the plant's newer leaves has lost most of the double serrations. I'm not saying that they might be related.

Where I'm going with this is that some of these old Sativa Indica crosses that have survived the test of time and are early enough for Nor Cal / Southern Oregon (41 N) should be hit with the old Sativa strains that were used to originally create them. We might find one or two out of a thousand that are still early, and have a high that more resembles the original Sativa strains.

If I like the Mendocino Madness, and Charlie likes and releases the Oaxacan 79 x Oaxacan Trance to the public, I couldn't help but want to marry them. Sign me up as a customer.

ThaiBliss

C

charlie garcia

Well, this is for curiosity, and am not in the market lets say. On other side dont want to take any credit either being Mr. Kangativa still in jail. Also its not been possible to send yet some of this F1 seeds back and correspond to the ones who share at first the Trance... and who knows what should come here, am just showing earliest and fattest female

nevertheless..¿has anyone a big big farm for me to grow houndres of to select a bit?!!!!, its illegal here :)

thx for nice replies and interest
Best vibes
kaiki

C

charlie garcia

Lovely as usual Bushy :) a pity little prone
In the pic a second Oax F1, she smells a lot like the Trance, so sweet and fruity incense, juicy ?¿
best vibes
kaiki
attachment.php

Attachments

• Oaxaca F1 150602b DSC_0004c.jpg
    Oaxaca F1 150602b DSC_0004c.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 39
B

Bob Green

Drooling on my screen!

Charlie, and Bushy badass sativa magic brothers!

Viva Oaxaca!

Abrazos everyone

idiit

Veteran
eskobar has limited one time availability of a frosty purple oaxacan in fem. according to his posts he is working on an Acapulco Red release.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
What about chiapas strain? I scored some old beans from there and some F2 more fresh. My friend told me they were not super strong, but good relief for his back pain!

Jhhnn

Veteran
I ordered some of esko's oaxacan, passed on the Jalisco. My space is limited, 4'x4'x6'3", so I need manageable strains & got the impression that the Jalisco isn't really that.

We grew pure Mexican strains outdoors, guerrilla style, way back in the early 70's, back before we ever heard of Colombian. Most of them were big & rangey, classic narrow leaf form, but a few batches were more compact with somewhat broader leaves. This was at a time before there were really any issues of introduced dutch genetics. No matter what it was represented to be, we couldn't know the truth about its place of origin because we didn't smuggle it ourselves. Michoacan? Guerrero? Oaxaca? Who really knew?

I'm more than a little envious of people who can grow the monster specimens pictured here on icmag. Not in a bad way but in a "wish I could do that" way.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I guess no one know at the moment because he drop his oaxacan not so long ago!

But uhm i don't really expect plant with high CBD in it. Maybe i'll try them too, i hope before 2016.

Malarkey

Exactly your looking in the wrong place for medicinal strains look at hash cultivars from Real seed company or else where

Last edited: