What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

idiit

Veteran
I know vermontman off ic site. i'm trying to get him to post more on his stuff he's got going. he's private individual/ not commercial yet at least :).

eskobar's guererro are not out yet. they are being reported to be very very potent.

I've got fritzman's Acapulco gold ( guererro) and am wanting to run them soon. who knows what they will be like. :)

still haven't had time to rerun red haired mex out out destroyer that I think I have isolated. I have lost so many outdoor guerilla gardens.....

yesterday cops were near one of my sites. went in and it was flagged by surveyors all over the place. got the hell outta there...... :)

idiit

Veteran
metal detector works wonders. :)

ppl with dogs nearby ( near a public park).

it can be done.

"know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...." ta la la.....

i'll be bach! later on this year from safer, more discrete point of entry.

welcome to the war on drugs. :)

vermontman

metal detector works wonders. :)PURPLE 023.jpg

ppl with dogs nearby ( near a public park).

it can be done.

"know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...." ta la la.....

i'll be bach! later on this year from safer, more discrete point of entry.

welcome to the war on drugs. :)

HEY BUDDY!!!
We want to keep you safe
PURPLE 001.jpgPURPLE 015.jpgPURPLE 023.jpg
Just thought I would share Oaxacan progress here because of your encouragement. Working my purple line from a great purple pheno female from last year showed some great promise to fix the purple predominate trait from last years lady. The purple came through strong on two females and two males, displaying dark stems, slight purpling under leaf and most promising very purple calyx on first to emerge female sport.

For reference last years purple pheno mom cured bud
NUMBER 1 & NUMBER 2 009.jpg

Attachments

• PURPLE 001.jpg
    PURPLE 001.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 75
  • PURPLE 015.jpg
    PURPLE 015.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 44
  • PURPLE 023.jpg
    PURPLE 023.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 63
  • NUMBER 1 & NUMBER 2 009.jpg
    NUMBER 1 & NUMBER 2 009.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
^ I like how purple shows on the underside of jpg.15. I look at seedlings on the embryonic meristems and the undersides in my "project purple".

We want to keep you safe
^ it's totally wild wild west for od growers in non med states. I keep up with the outdoor guerilla grows here at ic. almost no one is growing guerilla od 'cause of the intense pressure for many many years. the funny thing is that these are very small grows and my county is the county to get busted in if you get busted in my state according to the drug lawyers (I have a few associates who have been busted). once the bust goes to the da they reduce charges on small offenses. we are misdemeanor possession for under 1.5 oz for example. can't even take you to jail unless you gots paraphanelia.

the heat is not local leo. local leo doesn't give a shit about a couple of plants. I've been doing this for 25 years here and I have several small grows every year. I speak from experience. :)

I have ppl wanting me to grow weight but I explain I can't grow weight until "they" let me. i'm losing 50% of my sites every year with small grows, well executed, well concealed.

bringing this back to "Mexican Landraces"; what I can do is run small gardens of late flowering sativas to do appraisal runs. I can get my seed stock tested puro and in hybrids. I am a big fan of Mexican landrace strains; they can compete with genetics from anywhere in the world imo.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Talking about purple, i so much felt in love with the oaxacan of e$ko. I bought like 3-4 pack, and down in mid august to start a bunch of them!

Dog Star

Veteran
Talking about purple, i so much felt in love with the oaxacan of e$ko. I bought like 3-4 pack, and down in mid august to start a bunch of them!

So did you grow them and smoke them MisterD or you just fall in love with E$ko and his Oaxacan??

I sees some interesting plants with red hues and there is explanation
that this Oaxacan give positive giggly high but i dont see much finished
reviews on those beans so i asking myself maybe you already tryed
them if you buyed such a good number of seeds.

Are they are worth some???

All the best

DS

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I've got fritzman's Acapulco gold ( guererro) and am wanting to run them soon. who knows what they will be like. :)

You're lucky, when i try to get the AG, fritzman tell me they were out of stock. But good point i got his Celestial Temple Sativa !!! :tiphat:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I don't grow them yet dog star, but they're so cheap then i buy all i can! And each time i think that's enough i saw anothers freebie interesting!

And yep esko gears always worth it!

Dog Star

Veteran
Dont get me wrong MisterD,

i agree 100% with you that E$kobar gear is cheap enough for anybody pocket..

but long time now i look for Oaxacan that gives happy,giggly high and now there i see
E$kos tells he have this kind of weed.... OK great stuff i say...

I will buy for sure but want to know from others are they experienced this kind of high...

but dont see much reviews on Oaxacans and not sure are there is a real deal or just a empty propaganda...

Thats my thoughs,this days i am old enough to not just belive by some word,will love to hear from other folks that tryed them...

Kind regards MisterD

DS

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Wait for me man! But i know there's no monkey business in his mexican line, because i follow his project since the begin when everything start with "el_tiburon" !!!

Dog Star

Veteran
I keep you for word MisterD and will wait for your grow,

you are now under scope cause of Oaxacans... LOL ;)

And i dont wait you start them but more i wait for harvest and smoke report...

Wish you best and dont forgot me MisterD after you grow Oaxacans.. :tiphat:

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
No worries buddy, you ask me for the chemo report! I drop it.

Still a month and i'm gonna rock'em in my brand new seedling tent. :D

idiit

Veteran
chimera had released his highland Mexican puro. how many of us missed out on this one? :)

I'd feel bad had I not been warning of their impending depletion for a decade - they were an extremely small lot in the first place of just a few thousand. There are a few people who have made small population knocks, and I have 500+ for an OP and line selection at some point in the future, but it's not a major seller and lets be honest- dedicating 500 plants to this project of a low producing extreme NLD leaner may have to wait for full legalization because of how much less these yield compared to an BLD learner... growing these for yield really makes no business sense at all. It'll happen, but you'll have to kick yourselves for missing out on the F1, or pickup someone else's 1:1 selection from a single pack or 2, for now.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304209&page=2

BoldAsLove

Veteran
I believe it was still seeds of Highland Guererro 1972 x multiple selected Blueberry fathers. I don't think it was the pure Guererro, some seed banks just called the strain "Highland Mexican" like they called Frank's Incense Haze x Jack "Frank's Incense Haze".

idiit

Veteran
^^
believe it was still seeds of Highland Guererro 1972 x multiple selected Blueberry fathers. I don't think it was the pure Guererro, some seed banks just called the strain "Highland Mexican" like they called Frank's Incense Haze x Jack "Frank's Incense Haze".

correctomondo. my bad. by chimera's quote I pasted #571 I thought he had released puros of the guererro.

Highland Mexican®

Indoor / Greenhouse
A unique treasure from the past, which is very different from today’s marketplace cannabis. The maternal contributor was a potent and sweet highland Guerreran specimen selected from a true Mexican land race stock, collected circa ‘72-‘73. The blueberry pollen was
from an F4 generation (original stock unique to DJ Short).

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Yeah, what's so special with these guerrero?!

I put my hand on some chiapas seeds some months ago! I just dont get it on how huge are the seeds, even the f2's from the same hand are even bigger!

I should really take some time and share couples of pictures of these beans and how big they'r!!

satva

Veteran
Yeah, what's so special with these guerrero?!

Connoisseur "old school" Mexican high that's potent, feel good, and trippy.

My favorite high is a combination of Mexican and Thai genetics. In addition to the Guerrero female - Blueberry has Chocolate Thai, Highland Thai and Highland Oaxacan Gold genetics.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
My favourite is Highland Thai to use in combination with a good Mexican.For the Highland Thai is Mama Thai from Seedsman a good option.
Unfortunately Highland Thai is hard to find nowadays as brickweed as in the earlier days.

Keep on growing :)

Latest posts

Latest posts