What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
between the two of us, we should get a really good idea then :D ... best of luck with the Jalisco :)

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Indeed, also thank JS! Yep since i saw them online, i feeling like a kid which could not wait anymore for summer vacations. :woohoo:

Really curious about his "tropical haze taste" :bigeye:

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Oaxaca ´79 x Oaxaca

picture.php

:wave:

C

charlie garcia

Beautiful amigos, lovely one Blanka
Que tal el aroma y el efecto?

Here a small test run :) of Oaxaca F1 ('79 x Trance)
They seem to like to go big if you let them go!
best
kaiki
Oaxaca20F12015052320DSC_0005_zpsg6xxjuny.jpg

Oaxaca20F12015052320DSC_0023c_zps0xbt21in.jpg

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Hey kaiki,

Nice show, aldo wondering. Why did you call them "Trance" your oaxaca 90'

I can figure that's because she chance .. I would really appreciate bit more explanation!

I saw you're 1979 you're 1990 .. And recently saw what the oaxaca become these day!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice show, aldo wondering. Why did you call them "Trance" your oaxaca 90'

Here is some info on that Oaxacan Trance strain you mention:

The Oaxacan Trance is a strain that has been collected and preserved by our old friend and inspiration Mr Kangativa. Some of us have a few crosses made with the Oax Trance male, but the pure line is well guarded.

Kangativa

Ah the Oaxacan.....one of my favourites
When I lived in Norcal in the 80's I was lucky enough to sample their Haze, my friends there were very connected to the Santa Cruz boys due to something to do with Thai sticks....I even did a cross using the Haze and their Skunk ( my Mendo Girl ). I also brought a clone back from Oaxaca, along with seeds from the same stock used to grow the 500 plants that I saw.
Now the Oaxacan that I have from that era has a sweet piney incense, possible fruity smell and taste.....you would rather just suck on the joint than smoke it because of its flavours. It has a electric, trippy, trance like stone and longlasting.

Oaxacan Trance was sourced in a small town up in the mountains in Oaxaca in the late 80s/early 90s. It is of the cedar/pine/tropical funk smelling variety and is nice and euphoric and throws up the occasional bomb...

View Image

View Image

Vibes.

C

charlie garcia

Nice Blanka, sounds like nice pheno there.
I guess was quicker male from Chischas

Here more detail of these narrow leaves of the Oax F1
best
kaiki
Oaxaca%20F1%20150526%20DSC_0002c_zpsa3dqt5bu.jpg

Oaxaca%20F1%20150526%20DSC_0004c_zpsvufwnaiw.jpg

mexicani-ar

Hello friends i'm new to the group, really interested in Mexican genetics, how does Chimeras Highland Mexican compare or compete against the Oaxacan '79? Comparing because the Guerreran used was circa 1972-73'...

mexicani-ar

That is one amazing Oaxaca f1' (79' x Trance) you got their Charlie García,que hermosa esta esa Mexicana que tienes!!

C

charlie garcia

Gracias mexicani-ar y RR.
just a quick and small grow for fun as said
Some bit slower than others, earlier ones show these trait.
Not hermi traits, rejected males and let just 4 females
Lets hope can be interesting smoke for the hot summer
cuidense
kaiki

C

charlie garcia

Just coco/peat and bit of nutrients
So small pot, they demand plenty of water
kaiki
attachment.php

Attachments

• Oaxaca F1 150602b DSC_0002 c2.jpg