What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Cloneman

Veteran
Mountain temple female rate

Mountain temple female rate

Haze police have no jurisdiction in this venue ;-)
Looks like some very happy plants so far @Cloneman
Pedigree on that is (SSH x Williams Wonder) x Appalachia right?

Curious to hear how the flowers turn out.
Bodhi called the mother his "totem pole haze temple mother cut."
:dancer:
Throwing the words "Temple" and "Haze" in there suggests some exotic terps to me, so I'm looking forward to hearing your smoke report.
Were these original F1's or a later generation?

Thanks, yes your right on the pedigree and these were the original F1's from over 6 years ago.
I checked them yesterday, its 7 females 1 male and 3 no shows, so an excellent rate.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
@raho wise words, great post:tiphat:
@maha Forget the fanboys ...
I can assure you that recently I see people licking Sam's feet so much that only on mns forum have I seen worse (I'm not talking about you) ;)

Anyway, leaving all that aside, it's clear that in 1980 it couldn't have been Nevil's work ... damn, you had so many good things back then! delicious landrace from everywhere and cross of them....

Personally I like Nl5hz a lot, not much incense pheno, rather I prefer pine / lemon resin ones ...
To be honest I haven't tried an Nl5 x haze trippy in years like decades ago, the last time was with nirvana, and after looking for a sensi, mns, and a few other seedbanks, I returned after decades to try nirvana, at worst I threw away € 25, but for now it looks promising ...
I often get the impression that these large haze crosses have been worked over the decades to be easier to grow under lamps ....
But that's just my opinion ....

I've never tasted og kush x haze, it might be a great idea...
I love landraces, but I don't despise crosses, (the important thing is to keep the original varieties as well) I am creating hybrids all the time, some are mediocre, not special, others are fantastic, indica give them resin, weight, .... and you hold hands as your soul launches into the solar system! LOL :D

Raho

Veteran
Definitely sativa was mostly stem with dime size buds. Pine smell and hashy taste. Maybe straight haze ? Definitely you smoked a bowl and you were gone ...racy at first then slowed down. I tried to sober up with a shower but no go. I loved it . I kept smoking it anyway and wanted more but the guy was gone when I went back next day . Definitely 80-83 latest after that I was back to San Diego. Anyway definitely pine smell then hazy/hashy smoke? Anyway it was a haze hybrid of some kind for sure in fact it couldn’t get much better peace sdd420

Maybe it was locally grown from Colombian seeds? Haze is "Colombian" but not all Colombian is "Haze", right?

'79 and '80, kids in my crew grew a lot of colombian bagseed. This was 35° N latitude. We would run them outdoors into 1st week of december, but they had to survive a couple frosts to make it that long. Most didn't have the patience or balls to let em keep going, cuz rippers (other kids) were always out in the woods looking. It was common for the flowers to turn purple in late flower, and the tastes were delicious.

1980, my next door neighbor grew some seeds he brought back from vacation in Hawaii. It was definitely an indica hybrid. The sativa input was probably Mexican from the taste, Piney/Minty/Hash. The weed I got from him made friends for me and opened doors to NorCal genetics.

With everything I have gone through in life to keep a relationship with these plants, I am forever grateful that I was around back then to experience it. Thanks for sharing YOUR memories from those days :tiphat:

Raho

Veteran
Thanks, yes your right on the pedigree and these were the original F1's from over 6 years ago.
I checked them yesterday, its 7 females 1 male and 3 no shows, so an excellent rate.
Great for picking a pheno, not so great if you like making seeds :D
I have a pack of those seeds too . . . that's where my interest comes from.
I guess I am wondering how much haze will be left in those girls.
Hopefully you can share some pics in a few months :good:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
That's why I say there were many Haze bros back then, they just did not know it yet. haha

My first pollen chucks were using Mexican to Colombian and Thai because only WLD's around in the late 60's and early 70's all hash, never saw indica seeds till 79.
I know I wasn't the only one doing it, all over California and I know in other places in the US that had access to good seed from good weed, bros were doing the same. Just had to have the curiosity and the balls and a good gorilla spot, to me it was "Who can look at a bag full of seeds like that and not plant them and play with them to try and get some to do their thing" Mexican varieties were always better when you got some to finish because they finished earlier while it was still warm into November, so I was always trying to cross Colombian and Mexican to get them to finish earlier.

'79 and '80, kids in my crew grew a lot of colombian bagseed. This was 35° N latitude. We would run them outdoors into 1st week of december, but they had to survive a couple frosts to make it that long
Raho and his crew were too. Did you guys experience the same thing Raho? The Mexican could be excellent and very powerful but the Colombian after a couple of fronts and really short days with little heat recovery by December never were able to reach their potential.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
That's why I say there were many Haze bros back then, they just did not know it yet. haha

My first pollen chucks were using Mexican to Colombian and Thai because only WLD's around in the late 60's and early 70's all hash, never saw indica seeds till 79.
I know I wasn't the only one doing it, all over California and I know in other places in the US that had access to good seed from good weed, bros were doing the same. Just had to have the curiosity and the balls and a good gorilla spot, to me it was "Who can look at a bag full of seeds like that and not plant them and play with them to try and get some to do their thing" Mexican varieties were always better when you got some to finish because they finished earlier while it was still warm into November, so I was always trying to cross Colombian and Mexican to get them to finish earlier.

Raho and his crew were too. Did you guys experience the same thing Raho? The Mexican could be excellent and very powerful but the Colombian after a couple of fronts and really short days with little heat recovery by December never were able to reach their potential.

That's exactly what I think too ... how many young people, travelers, surfers, or simply smokers, many years before the "Summer of Love" have brought back home and grown, mixing them, seeds of the exotic varieties ...

Raho

Veteran

That's the way it was.

The Mex varieties were the only thing that could really finish. It was nice stuff. I don't think I ever had a mex that was as potent as Colombian (import vs import or home grown Mex vs homegrown Lumbo.)

The Colombians never actually finished (or the Thai) but if you had a really good spot (lots of sun) and grew them well, the buds could get pretty firm and taste/effect were excellent.
Those last couple of weeks, they didn't grow noticeably, but I'm sure they were ripening, and the color change brought nice terps ;-)

I understand why you used the Mex as male, because it flowered well before the Colombian and Thai so pollen collection could be done in place without worrying about seeding a whole crop.
By the time I had my first good harvest (and made seeds) I had that Hawaiian to play with for pollen.
I think I ran Colombian and Mexican with it that year, but can't remember without digging out the old notebooks.

Those "Haze Bros" had the greenhouse(s). Without that, they might not have ever produced what they did up there.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A5hbx x Mac. Ive done 5 collections like this. I'll prob get another 3 before he's spent.

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should totally add some sour dissle in there for good.mesure and I would be down for a pack pine skunk and sour sounds irresistible.just a thought

I already did. Flashbang x (a5hbx x Flashpoint)=Vinaigrette. This cross has the same Bio D added 2x.. The pic above is this cross. Flashpoint=Snowman x Bio D. Flashbang=Snowman x Bio d)x Mac.

Thesearch

I just want to say thank you Raho for your contributions, I quite enjoy reading your posts, and what a hell of an introduction! I wasnt even a dream in my parents eyes at that time, so I always wonder and am trying to get into growing and breeding more psychedelic and stimulating seed lines. You have any recomendations for any available seed lines that are closer in effects to strains like that Colombian import you wrote about?

Raho

Veteran
I just want to say thank you Raho for your contributions, I quite enjoy reading your posts, and what a hell of an introduction! I wasnt even a dream in my parents eyes at that time, so I always wonder and am trying to get into growing and breeding more psychedelic and stimulating seed lines. You have any recomendations for any available seed lines that are closer in effects to strains like that Colombian import you wrote about?
Hi Search.
I haven't grown most of the new stuff that's out there so I can't really give you current advice. Seedsman oHaze will do what you want, but it's sold out.

There are people posting in this thread who are running all the new gear on the market. If you give more details on what you are looking for and ask for suggestions, I am sure you'll get some good recommendations.
Do you want pure haze or a hybrid?
Indoor setup? Outdoor? (what latitude?)

Thesearch

Hi Search.
I haven't grown most of the new stuff that's out there so I can't really give you current advice. Seedsman oHaze will do what you want, but it's sold out.

There are people posting in this thread who are running all the new gear on the market. If you give more details on what you are looking for and ask for suggestions, I am sure you'll get some good recommendations.
Do you want pure haze or a hybrid?
Indoor setup? Outdoor? (what latitude?)

Honestly I was curious mostly on your unique perspective. I have read quite a bit into available haze lines, but as someone who directly experienced the ancestors, I feel you have one of the more rare perspectives in this way to compare them to modern hybrids. All good. Anything that gets the weird thoughts moving through my head or makes colours brighter, jokes funnier is something that interests me for sure. I have lots of potentials and insight towards this, but end of the day things can get heady and muddled and it's good to talk to someone who has both an understanding of the lines, and also an understanding of the experience . thanks for the reply!

LostTribe

Premium user
Granny Haze going into bloom! Can't wait! Have to.

C99 x Purple Oldtimer Haze
picture.php

picture.php

2 girls and 1 male at 7.5 weeks of 18/6 under 250w quantum boards dialed down to low. Flipping to 12/12 today.

picture.php

Only ran 1 out before heres how it turned out even taken early!

Best
LT

Raho

Veteran
Jenny Kush from Rare Dankness

What's the pedigree of that Kush there Happy? Any haze in it?

Reminds me a bit of this pheno of a cross I did with oBoy pollen out in Mendo.
This pic is the offspring grown by my buddy outdoor in the Mendo hills .
picture.php

She had a silvery look to her like Blue Dream, and the same dreamy Haze quality.