What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I was just in the Vintage Cannabis Photography thread. Those Thai stick images sure made me salivate. Can any of you experienced and erudite fellow travellers chime in and advise me where I might get some seeds of something that might duplicate that soaring powerful high delivered by those mid 1970's Thai Stick strains? Something that is 'relatively' short flowering but still delivers the goods?

In my neck of the woods, the African and South American strains are mostly a mystery, so I went looking to further my education. I grew out KA5 and Panama. But from initial tentative testing, it's clear they are not exactly what I'm looking for. Of course, I will lay them down a while and see what transpires as it sometimes makes quite the difference. Its a mysterious business... so sometimes not. Stay tuned in that regard.

In the mainstream area, strains like C99, Green Crack, Durban and Chocolope have caught my attention. As have some of the Hawaiain strains. Anything in the MNS or Ace catalogues I ought to investigate? Any feedback gratefully considered and appreciated. Muchas gracias muchachos. Lj.

I recommend bandaid haze hybrid, from Doc D. powerful and really soaring.. Donald´s suggestions are right, especially golden tiger gets my vote..

Dirt Life

Veteran
Several years ago, made this cross, and since then, every seed popped was a male (9 seeds total)... finally got a female, so, I'm excited about this one. I had two males when I chucked this cross, one male had very slender leaves, was squat, and reeked of skunk.. the other male had wider leaves which had crinkle, a less skunky, more tangy citrusy smell, and huge spaces between nodes, very stretchy.. Unfortunately, pollen from the slender leafed skunky male was sterile, so, only crinkle male made seed.

Gonna top this plant, with plans on rooting the cutting, letting the seed plant bush out a bit, then flower her out. Guess I'll update in a month or two with the progress...
laughing.gif

(Haze #19 x Skunk #1) x African Buzz
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I wood

Veteran

(Haze x Chronic) x Colombian black.
Love the effects of this one, smooth energy with a happy vibe.
Bummer that it threw nanners at the end and copies were binned.
Too many seeds being made on purpose to risk “extras” from a hermie.
Good news is that the one plant yielded well and will probably last a year.

Raho

Veteran
Can any of you experienced and erudite fellow travellers chime in and advise me where I might get some seeds of something that might duplicate that soaring powerful high delivered by those mid 1970's Thai Stick strains? Something that is 'relatively' short flowering but still delivers the goods?

Anything in the MNS or Ace catalogues I ought to investigate? Any feedback gratefully considered and appreciated. Muchas gracias muchachos. Lj.

Real Seed Company Mango Thai would be high on my list of things that have a chance of resembling the stuff that made the legends.
Bushweed seeds on seedbay has some crosses that might turn out to be fire. https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/bush-weed/

Best chance at "reasonable" flower times would be the Mullum x Oaxacan Space Shuttle and Mullum x Kush.

It's hard to "tame" Mullum with a single outcross, so expect to find tropical monsters.

Not many people running these seeds but their pedigree is solid.

Hardship and scandal are the back story behind them so some people avoid them.

Others buy and don't grow them, hoping Bushweed will come back some day and explain his agreement with nevil or fight it out with kanga to reveal some kind of "truth."

I suspect others grow them and don't talk about it because they know some people will attack them, taking sides in a fight they were never part of and cannot know the truth about.

To me, these should be on your list is you are seeking legendary SE Asian genetics and are not an insider with the guys that made them (dead or now avoiding the black market because of prohibition.)

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I suspect others grow them and don't talk about it because they know some people will attack them, taking sides in a fight they were never part of and cannot know the truth about.

So this is why I asked about them in the other thread. I've stashed a couple of those away and there's only so much info. (It's getting filled in here and there.)

We already know that the parent selection was poor. For sure the MM x Thai are herm prone. But that's not to say that versions of those parent plants don't exist in much better forms. Many have come forward to say that there is a much better representation of the Thai which is not only fantastic smoke but will not herm. Also it has been noted that the 'Thia' will not be available for public release as a pure line.

I want to give the MM x NH21 a shot to see what's in there and to say whether or not the MM selection is responsible or if the NH21 selection was able to rescue anything.

I think ultimately there will be better releases than what BW has offered just based on what people are telling me. BW had some pieces but they ended up in a poor state or rushed or something. Someone has that Thia, MM, Oax, Laos, NH etc and they'll be better crosses when they get worked right. My money is on OJD for a proper release to the masses.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I think ultimately there will be better releases than what BW has offered just based on what people are telling me. BW had some pieces but they ended up in a poor state or rushed or something. Someone has that Thia, MM, Oax, Laos, NH etc and they'll be better crosses when they get worked right. My money is on OJD for a proper release to the masses.

you mean by better releases better selection? I dont think ojd will do it, he will make another generation or outcrosses maximally, so same as Bushweed seeds imo.. if you are making F2, parents dont matter much, as you will get huge variation in F2s anyway, you will get every possible combination of traits from those two original lines, and if lines were hiding some weakness(neville´s haze case), you will see it in F2. not much art in making F2s believe me.. ojd, bushweed and bunch of other guys got these as first generation. thats why there is magic.. they cant reproduce first generation. so they can make F2s, no brainer and it will be practically same whoever will do that. and real breeding would be to take it to F3 and further. but even if done properly it will not have such magic like first generation straight from Nevil. so it all will look like watered down versions compared to first generation seeds. my opinion.

Raho

Veteran
Hi bsgospel,
I have gotten reports of hermie free grows for lines in that drop.
Not saying herms are not possible. Just that they are not certain.
All it takes is one plant.

What Maha says about F2 variability is correct, but it doesn't mean you won't find fire in the plants.

Unless you grew or smoked either of the original parents, all you have to go on is how the plants treat YOU, right?

StarCrash is running F3's of old SSH and getting killer results. Those F3's came from somebody elses F2s.
They won't ALL be great, but who wouldn't want to run those seeds?
The original parents in your seeds have the right stuff to make legendary plants. Go find yours if you have the space :tiphat:

So this is why I asked about them in the other thread. I've stashed a couple of those away and there's only so much info. (It's getting filled in here and there.)

We already know that the parent selection was poor. For sure the MM x Thai are herm prone. But that's not to say that versions of those parent plants don't exist in much better forms. Many have come forward to say that there is a much better representation of the Thai which is not only fantastic smoke but will not herm. Also it has been noted that the 'Thia' will not be available for public release as a pure line.

I want to give the MM x NH21 a shot to see what's in there and to say whether or not the MM selection is responsible or if the NH21 selection was able to rescue anything.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Share some of these reports you talk of ?
We would love to hear and see pics also
Hi bsgospel,
I have gotten reports of hermie free grows for lines in that drop.
Not saying herms are not possible. Just that they are not certain.
All it takes is one plant.

What Maha says about F2 variability is correct, but it doesn't mean you won't find fire in the plants.

Unless you grew or smoked either of the original parents, all you have to go on is how the plants treat YOU, right?

StarCrash is running F3's of old SSH and getting killer results. Those F3's came from somebody elses F2s.
They won't ALL be great, but who wouldn't want to run those seeds?
The original parents in your seeds have the right stuff to make legendary plants. Go find yours if you have the space :tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Maha says about F2 variability is correct, but it doesn't mean you won't find fire in the plants.

you are right, Raho bro. you can still find good plants, no doubt, just need much more plants than for first generation. and still if you have no comparison to F1, you still cant know if it is so good as F1.(note: by F1 I mean simply first generation of some cross, not filial one in strict meaning of that term)

first I was thinking about buying oaxaca x mm from bushweed seeds, as I have only nh21xmm(but f1 :D, not from bushweed).. but in the end I didnt buy it, not only because of those negative vibes around it. but I think that I want to buy it from real breeder, these seedmakers just make copies of some other work. for me it means there are not so good as original breeder of it. if they were good, they would select their own haze, neville´s haze, mango haze or whatever, some good haze simply, and hit it with their own selection of MM or Oaxaca or Thai. but they cant do it.. for more reasons.. mainly because they are not breeders and have no skills for it. and the fact they are pollen chucking with Nevil/Kanga gear is proof of it, in my opinion.

I would love to buy pure MM from real breeder, but it is not available.. but there is F1 cross of MM from southern star seeds. original work. sounds better to me than just those f2 or outcrosses from pollen chuckers..

G

Old SOG is making S1 of his SSH cut, saw this via insta.

BSH 14 weeks I believe this one went.
picture.php