What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Limeygreen

Veteran
I grew the Bushweeds super laos haze, everything hermied on me but I also think it was too cool and too much restricted in the small indoors. I have also heard the laos line is prone to hermie but worth looking for stable sex. The longest I got wasa bout 10 or 11 weeks, candy sweet flavours really lovely effect on premature flowers so nice would have been great I think if fully flowered out but pollen was dropping so the plants came down. I have heard from other growers they didn't have any problems with the super laos haze so it appears my set up or my luck was the problem or both.

JohnnyChicago

OTHxOH :)
picture.php
picture.php

Raho

Veteran
Share some of these reports you talk of ?
We would love to hear and see pics also
I asked for the proof of herms first :) Got any?

What I have gotten has been PMs from people reacting to my post. Everyone knows PMs are private. I can't share.

There is a stigma to this gear mate.

Soon I guess we'll have your new 21xMM hybrids.
Looking forward to it. Everyone says your aussie deadhead hybrid is very nice, so the more the merrier.

Raho

Veteran
you are right, Raho bro. you can still find good plants, no doubt, just need much more plants than for first generation. and still if you have no comparison to F1, you still cant know if it is so good as F1.(note: by F1 I mean simply first generation of some cross, not filial one in strict meaning of that term)

first I was thinking about buying oaxaca x mm from bushweed seeds, as I have only nh21xmm(but f1 :D, not from bushweed).. but in the end I didnt buy it, not only because of those negative vibes around it. but I think that I want to buy it from real breeder, these seedmakers just make copies of some other work. for me it means there are not so good as original breeder of it. if they were good, they would select their own haze, neville´s haze, mango haze or whatever, some good haze simply, and hit it with their own selection of MM or Oaxaca or Thai. but they cant do it.. for more reasons.. mainly because they are not breeders and have no skills for it. and the fact they are pollen chucking with Nevil/Kanga gear is proof of it, in my opinion.

I would love to buy pure MM from real breeder, but it is not available.. but there is F1 cross of MM from southern star seeds. original work. sounds better to me than just those f2 or outcrosses from pollen chuckers..

As far as I know, there were at least 3 versions of Nev21 x Mullum:

Nev21 x (big) Mullum male
Nev21 x (early) Mullum male
Mullum(b) x Nev21 reversed

These lines came to the market from several sources:

1. Rimmeo (early sales legit. rumors that late orders might have been random seeds.)
  2. "Old School Breeders" seedbank (rumors of scandal around them cheating the breeder(s). Probably F2+ "repros" of Nev/Kanga crosses from guy hired to grow out packs to make seeds.)
  3. Direct from Nev (Dr Purpur, Bushweed and Heirloomgrower all known to have been gifted gear from Nev when he was still alive. Bushweed later sold his Fx seeds of Nev21 x Mullum.)

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
As far as I know, there were at least 3 versions of Nev21 x Mullum:

Nev21 x (big) Mullum male
Nev21 x (early) Mullum male
Mullum(b) x Nev21 reversed

These lines came to the market from several sources:

1. Rimmeo (early sales legit. rumors that late orders might have been random seeds.)
  2. "Old School Breeders" seedbank (rumors of scandal around them cheating the breeder(s). Probably F2+ "repros" of Nev/Kanga crosses from guy hired to grow out packs to make seeds.)
  3. Direct from Nev (Dr Purpur, Bushweed and Heirloomgrower all known to have been gifted gear from Nev when he was still alive. Bushweed later sold his Fx seeds of Nev21 x Mullum.)

This! This was the kind of list/explanation I was going for. Thank you.

Anyone have anything to add?

Nexus7

KC dry sift

KC dry sift

Did you press that or something? I much prefer my dry sift in it's natural powdered form.

picture.php

picture.php

Not really a Haze hybrid unless of course you consider the Kali Mist being a Haze hybrid of sorts. She does have that incense hang after smoking though ...

Fronk

Anyone have any experience with Hawaiian Haze?
I’ve just received Tropical Orange Bomb (sour apple x pineapple) x Hawaiian Haze from greenshock farms in California.
Cheers.
I’ll post about them when I grow them.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Share some of these reports you talk of ?
We would love to hear and see pics also
i grew the mullum thai78,
i didnt know at first it was an f2 or 3 , whatever it was ,
but just the spread of pheno's alerted me to the fact it could be,

of 6 girls , no 2 were alike ,
5 hermied fairly early into flower ,
one lasted about 2 thirds of the way but then she also hermied ,
6 out of 6 i thought was a bit rough,
i have grown it before , probably the f1 and had no issues and enjoyed the smoke , thats why i wanted to grow it again ...

sorry i didnt take pics , was nothing much to show ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just found these.

MM x Thai 78 – Kangativa’s Mullumbimby Madness x Hempy’s 1978 Thai stick. This cross offers a glimpse into the 1970s when imported Thai sticks were blowing minds. Nevil kept this hybrid tight and considered it too valuable for the commercial market. The Thai 78 with its citrus scented habit of resinous, golden coloured flowers reminded Nevil of the original haze he sourced from Skunkman in the 80s. The Mullumbimby Madness is the perfect complement; a giant showcase sativa with strong branching and flowers of pine, green mango and hash. Expect vigorous, hardy plants that produce a soaring, ceiling-less high. Flowers 14 – 16 weeks. Pic is from this thread.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=269708&page=10

Attachments

• mmx-thai78.jpg
    mmx-thai78.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 34

Raho

Veteran
I just found these.

MM x Thai 78 – Kangativa’s Mullumbimby Madness x Hempy’s 1978 Thai stick. This cross offers a glimpse into the 1970s when imported Thai sticks were blowing minds. Nevil kept this hybrid tight and considered it too valuable for the commercial market. The Thai 78 with its citrus scented habit of resinous, golden coloured flowers reminded Nevil of the original haze he sourced from Skunkman in the 80s. The Mullumbimby Madness is the perfect complement; a giant showcase sativa with strong branching and flowers of pine, green mango and hash. Expect vigorous, hardy plants that produce a soaring, ceiling-less high. Flowers 14 – 16 weeks. Pic is from this thread.
That thread is a nice flashback Hammer.

It's good to remember that many people actually got those strains. They've been around a long time now.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I just found these.

Nevil made 5 different Thai lines in the MM x Thai

The last Thai line he grew out was my Thai and it turned out to be the best and the most valuable and the one he guarded.

He told me he was going to sell bushy some of the MM x Swiss Thai so i am a little confused at how many got the MM x 78Thai as are other people close to him.

Nevil Made

1/ MM x Gypsy Thai
2/ MM x Swiss Thai
3/ MM x Thai ( sent to him by the Guy that past away )
4/ MM x 78Thai
5/ MM x Swiss Thai/78Thai

H

hard rain

Near dry Mango Haze x ECSD aka Texas G from SSS. Not quite my cup of tea but beautiful looking plant and resin.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Glad to hear I'm not the only one seeing herm issues, I thought I stressed them too much but looks like the selection for the seeds was the problem.

Hempy, can we see some pictures of your thai 78 line? I think the MM x thai 78 sounds great just like the super laos haze as long as the parental selection is good.