The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbgreen

Veteran
Sam has said RCC wanted him to use it and upped the prices on it
"R" is not RCC. -SamS
Sams catalog

But its more an example of whats happening in mail order seeds not meant to be ordered from

Real things Sam made

He said he still has them all in cold storage

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyChicago

I'm going to leave this one alone...only because I realize that you've already made up your mind. Todd has said some things I don't agree with for sure, but I'm only really interested in growing the plants out and prefer to leave the politics/gossip to other people who want to spend their time on that stuff.

HB.

Rumors, gossip, politics, shit talking, leaving the lane :biggrin: HB? What else?

Again. My post of yesterday morning was not OK. Time to put your ego on the side and to keep your personal things out. That's no gossip, nor politics between us. And I won't apologize in every post. Now it is up to you to accept the choice you did and I do wish you to find great plants.

Thanks for sharing the pics and do not cull that Haze plant with the disease/virus. Give her a chance :)

Edit: And don't forget this is the discussion thread. Here it is like sitting in a bar with a drink or a Coffeeshop with a joint.
The Original Haze thread is where we should document.
Here we do discuss, show some pics to start new discussions etc :)

Here Seedsman, but from a nld selection.
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Nexus7

This is the weirdest one...thought it might have some sort of disease or virus, but it wants to keep growing, so I'm going to keep watering it and will transplant it later if it starts to work itself out of whatever is going on with it...
View Image

HB.

I got a similar pheno from a USC '72 CG seed. Sharp serrations, numerous double serrations, with strange structure/texture on the surface of some leaves and wispy yellow growing tips. Mine had only slightly less vigor than the others and turned out male. It had the narrowest leaves by the end. I was thinking not to use it but am now starting to think it might be the keeper "Haze" type.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I crossed a Golden Tiger from Ace with a Thai Haze Skunk from Sam .
Put it out to flower at the beginning of autumn , spring came and it had only just started to flower .

I have a Zamal x Tom Hill O Haze and it needs another cpl of months to finish the majority of it flowers . I can see some won`t finish till spring .

Now I can better understand the perennial cannabis myth .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
They are looking good Star was looking for some info in this thread last night and saw the germination start of the plants.

The purple leaf steams and purple in the plants branches / frame that i assume is there or will show and serration of the leaf showing is looking promising.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Put it out to flower at the beginning of autumn , spring came and it had only just started to flower .

I have a Zamal x Tom Hill O Haze and it needs another cpl of months to finish the majority of it flowers . I can see some won`t finish till spring .

That is what you should expect from Sativas or heavy haze plants out doors.

Out doors i saw sex show any were from Christmas / New years to Easter and flowering till end of July or August.

You still think you can grow pure sativas in New York City ?.

Elmer Bud

Veteran

Out doors i saw sex show any were from Christmas / New years to Easter and flowering till end of July or August.

Nevil`s Haze is not pure sativa Doctor Hempy ?
So why are you now pulling out the pure sativa straw man ?

Apples and oranges ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil`s Haze is not pure sativa Doctor Hempy ?
So why are you now pulling out the pure sativa straw man ?

Apples and oranges ...

Or are the plants your growing :biggrin:

Have you ever grown out Nevil's Haze F1 seeds to understand how they grow and flower ?.

Nexus7

Fyi there's a bunch of tricks you can use to encourage your tropical Sativas to finish outdoors in a wide range of climates.

Small container
Grow from clone
Light deprivation
Cut nitrogen/feeding/watering
Defoliate large fan leaves
Use a greenhouse
Let seed set

Now NY may not be an ideal environment but you could get something to finish if you tried hard enough I would imagine ...

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Glad to hear because the NH i grew all acted like pure sativas and i hope you found the quality plants i did.

I didn`t like the taste .

I much prefer it in a cross . Adds potency .
Chaco`s Sour Nevil`s [ECSD x Nevil`s Haze] is a modern classic IMO .
Nevil`s / Mango was real good .

Mango Widow x Nev Haze and Nev Haze x Apricot were nice too .

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Also I don't get why anyone would buy 5000 seeds for $5k when you could buy 10 or 20 and make your own seeds.

Maybe it was part of the deal between him and Sam. Not to buy a single pack but a bulk lot and get in return Sam his consent to reproduce them and sell them.

If I remember correctly, Sam has almost always sold seeds in bulk. Atleast these are the stories I get from Holland.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I didn`t like the taste .

I much prefer it in a cross . Adds potency .
Chaco`s Sour Nevil`s [ECSD x Nevil`s Haze] is a modern classic IMO .
Nevil`s / Mango was real good .

Mango Widow x Nev Haze and Nev Haze x Apricot were nice too .

The only Dutch strains to Equal Nevil's Haze in potency from my experience was the test seed of Mango Haze and Kali mist but we are talking a different level here.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Fyi there's a bunch of tricks you can use to encourage your tropical Sativas to finish outdoors in a wide range of climates.

Small container
Grow from clone
Light deprivation
Cut nitrogen/feeding/watering
Defoliate large fan leaves
Use a greenhouse
Let seed set

Now NY may not be an ideal environment but you could get something to finish if you tried hard enough I would imagine ...

Grown from a clone that halved the flower time maybe but indoors would be the only real way Cant see to many Greenhouses in NYC mate and if there was any law enforcement be all over it.

Be a bit like trying to grow Haze up in the snowys.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Hi guys this I a repost from a previous post of mine.
I hope somebody has some info.
---------------------------------------

Anybody any experience with the Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) old school haze?

These seeds are made from the authentic 30year old mother that Karel kept from the seeds he directly got from Sam The Skunkman in the same time period when Nevil got his seeds from Sam.

https://supersativaseedclub.com/cannabis-seeds/kees-oldschool-haze.html

In this video you can here Karel explaining to Jorge Cervantes that the seeds originate from a 30 year old mother.
https://youtu.be/nigXAt_n7e4

Some extra history:
https://supersativaseedclub.com/content/History-SSSC.html

Sam the Skunkman

The Super Sativa Seed Club is one of the very first seed banks in the world. In the mid eighties every grower knew the SSSC. It all started when ‘Sam the Skunkman’ gave Karel Schelfhout, one of the founders of SSSC and former squatter, the original Haze and Skunk#01 after he moved from California. Karel used Sam’s genetics to create some of the very illustrious strains that later became Super Sativa Seed Club.

Nevil

The only seed bank that was around before SSSC was from Nevil called "the Seedbank". Founded by Nevil Schoenmaker, the Seedbank was the first international operating seedbank in the world. Nevil combined the 10 original Haze seeds, that he received from Sam the Skunkman, with the seeds he collected on a strain hunt in Afghanistan to start his famous seed collection. The Seedbank is best known for the Nevil’s Haze strain, but Nevil was also the first to use the infamous Ruderalis strain in his breeding work. The seeds that Karel received from Nevil, added to the ones he received from Sam, became the first breeding and the foundation of Super Sativa Seed Club.

hellfire

I have heard of a few things outdoor in NY and what they grow. It is things like ducksfoot, skunk, a few OGs and other stinky 8 to 9 weekers. Never once heard of plain outdoor haze being in NY. In NYC I find it hard to believe as well it gets cold and snowy fast. Pure hazes would probably need a heated greenhouse to make it their full length without light depping.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi guys this I a repost from a previous post of mine.
I hope somebody has some info.
---------------------------------------

Anybody any experience with the Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) old school haze?

These seeds are made from the authentic 30year old mother that Karel kept from the seeds he directly got from Sam The Skunkman in the same time period when Nevil got his seeds from Sam.

https://supersativaseedclub.com/cannabis-seeds/kees-oldschool-haze.html

In this video you can here Karel explaining to Jorge Cervantes that the seeds originate from a 30 year old mother.
https://youtu.be/nigXAt_n7e4

Some extra history:
https://supersativaseedclub.com/content/History-SSSC.html

Sam the Skunkman

The Super Sativa Seed Club is one of the very first seed banks in the world. In the mid eighties every grower knew the SSSC. It all started when ‘Sam the Skunkman’ gave Karel Schelfhout, one of the founders of SSSC and former squatter, the original Haze and Skunk#01 after he moved from California. Karel used Sam’s genetics to create some of the very illustrious strains that later became Super Sativa Seed Club.

Nevil

The only seed bank that was around before SSSC was from Nevil called "the Seedbank". Founded by Nevil Schoenmaker, the Seedbank was the first international operating seedbank in the world. Nevil combined the 10 original Haze seeds, that he received from Sam the Skunkman, with the seeds he collected on a strain hunt in Afghanistan to start his famous seed collection. The Seedbank is best known for the Nevil’s Haze strain, but Nevil was also the first to use the infamous Ruderalis strain in his breeding work. The seeds that Karel received from Nevil, added to the ones he received from Sam, became the first breeding and the foundation of Super Sativa Seed Club.

Nevil got more than 10 Haze seed from Sam and the seed Nevil got from Afghanistan were shit.

Now i need to double check but i am prity sure the Afghan1 as it was called also came from Sam.

Gorge the Flower abuser and killer lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts