What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TakenByTheSky

Nice plants HB.

I've got some origina haze x skunk from Sam growing and they're so thin branched and lanky, those pure hazes you got look like they're going to be pretty sturdy.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Spreading? Rumors? Shit talking... Please, HB :)
Or do you mean Todd?

And somehow now you are doing exactly the same thing, you are reproaching me.

I would try every Haze that comes from Sam. But not when advertised as being the same seeds Neville did find his Haze A&C males. Sounds to good to be true. Call me negative, pessimistic or even depressive, but no spreader of rumors :biggrin:

I'm going to leave this one alone...only because I realize that you've already made up your mind. Todd has said some things I don't agree with for sure, but I'm only really interested in growing the plants out and prefer to leave the politics/gossip to other people who want to spend their time on that stuff.

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Nice plants HB.

I've got some origina haze x skunk from Sam growing and they're so thin branched and lanky, those pure hazes you got look like they're going to be pretty sturdy.

Funny you should say that...when I was pulling the plants out to take pics, I noticed the stems were pretty bendy. It's windy today, so maybe that's it...but they seem pretty floppy, actually. They've been outside since day 1, so I'm hoping they toughen up a bit eventually. I don't like my plants floppin all over the place.

HB.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I have a bunch of MM hybrids in storage...although not with the 78 Thai. I do have MM x Thai '82 as part of my collection, but I haven't grown those out yet and I forget what the Thai side came from. The mullum hybrids I've grown in the past all tend to be pretty long flowering and beefy...these ain't no skinny girly plants. Good mold resistence with thick/hardy stems to hold up the heavy duty, mold resistent flowers. It's a great plant that gets extra large, but you need to flower it for at least 14-18 weeks. Would go well in the tropics, I'd imagine.

Not sure about what Bushy has or had...and I don't really want to speak on it...none of my business. That whole grail project could have been awesome if things had worked out better...that's all I gotta say about that.

I popped one 10-pack of Todd's haze and got 100% germination. The seed when I bought them were 2 for 1, so I paid 100 for a pack and got 20 seeds...so 5 bucks a seed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...and the price of admission wasn't too bad.

These are the uniform looking plants...sorry for the crappy pics, but it's a bit overcast today...
View Image
View Image
View Image

These are the smaller plants from the same pack that look a bit different. Was going to toss them, but I think I'll keep them around for now to see how they turn out.
View Image

This is the weirdest one...thought it might have some sort of disease or virus, but it wants to keep growing, so I'm going to keep watering it and will transplant it later if it starts to work itself out of whatever is going on with it...
View Image

HB.
looking good hb that lastone got some interesting lookin leaves

T

TakenByTheSky

Funny you should say that...when I was pulling the plants out to take pics, I noticed the stems were pretty bendy. It's windy today, so maybe that's it...but they seem pretty floppy, actually. They've been outside since day 1, so I'm hoping they toughen up a bit eventually. I don't like my plants floppin all over the place.

HB.

Interesting because they look pretty thick. My ohsks grow like vines and when topped and other stems takes dominant point right away. So flexible I can tie the stems in a know.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Interesting because they look pretty thick. My ohsks grow like vines and when topped and other stems takes dominant point right away. So flexible I can tie the stems in a know.

Yeah, the '96 Mel Frank Skunk #1 plants have that really thick stalk to them...as do some of the C5 crosses I'm growing out, but these haze? Not so much. I like the branching though...I'm a big fan of long petioles and medium internodal spacing.

One of Mel's skunk plants had some of the early fan leaves torn up by what I think were pill bugs aka rolly pollies...a breeder I follow says that plants that get hit early by bugs are the ones to really watch. The reasoning goes that if the bugs like it, there must be some reason for that. The bugs have since laid off of that one skunk plant and she's finally getting some fan leaves growing without damage, so I'm hoping there's something special about that one.

Don't think it's gonna be a RKS type skunk, but we shall see.

HB.

T

TakenByTheSky

Yeah, the '96 Mel Frank Skunk #1 plants have that really thick stalk to them...as do some of the C5 crosses I'm growing out, but these haze? Not so much. I like the branching though...I'm a big fan of long petioles and medium internodal spacing.

One of Mel's skunk plants had some of the early fan leaves torn up by what I think were pill bugs aka rolly pollies...a breeder I follow says that plants that get hit early by bugs are the ones to really watch. The reasoning goes that if the bugs like it, there must be some reason for that. The bugs have since laid off of that one skunk plant and she's finally getting some fan leaves growing without damage, so I'm hoping there's something special about that one.

HB.

Bugs go for anything that's weaker unhealthy first. Even going as far to employ high brix gardening deters bugs as it makes the cell walls tougher and harder to eat and the plants avoid them. Where as weaker plants with lower brix have softer cells the bugs flock to them first. I'm not an expert but that's he just of it.

I'd like to see those skunks, I know another company that just released an old skunk line from the SSSC era, the plant I have seen looked excellent, it's a sweet skunk tho.

Zomboy

Veteran

HB.

Interesting concept. I guess if they are in a bed or something and all else is equal it could hold some water

Marihoot

picture.php

:peacock:

herbgreen

Veteran
Hemphrey B.

Love the that outdoor grow of the Todd haze

Gonna be a good representation in natural sun Thanks!

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Bugs go for anything that's weaker unhealthy first. Even going as far to employ high brix gardening deters bugs as it makes the cell walls tougher and harder to eat and the plants avoid them. Where as weaker plants with lower brix have softer cells the bugs flock to them first. I'm not an expert but that's he just of it.

I'd like to see those skunks, I know another company that just released an old skunk line from the SSSC era, the plant I have seen looked excellent, it's a sweet skunk tho.

Yeah, I don't know...I never usually have bug problems this early in the season...but I do have the plants all bunched up for the time being, so maybe that's part of it. Most of the plants are unaffected and doing just fine.

In my search for that old school lime green/orange haired/rank skunk I used to get back in the 1980s, I've grown lots of different skunks from different breeders. My highest hopes were a few years back when I tried growing Dominion Skunk and Granny Skunk from Dominion Seeds, but sadly those weren't as skunky as I was hoping for. Didn't care much for the smoke either, but maybe it was the way I grew them. I see people doing well with his stuff indoors, so maybe that's the ticket. Outdoors they just didn't perform for me as well as I'd hoped. Healthy plants though...very mold resistant and had some nice chunky buds.

These are Mel Frank's 1996 Skunk #1 seed that I got from Todd. Germ rate was 100% on a pack of 5. They look good so far, haven't bothered to rub the stems on them for smells yet, but they are all pretty healthy atm. The one that got ate up is in the last photo...doesn't look sick/weak to me, but what do I know?

rFUS6IFl.jpg

Ov9DMebl.jpg

NbJBBVal.jpg

HB.

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the post HB. Keep us updated on Todd's. I have a real hard time culling any strange looking plants myself - I am pulling for the "Wierdest One". ;)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Like shanti always says the proof is in the seed and so far they look okay to me and i am with Shiroshi i like weird and unusual.

I think Todd's claim of getting the same seed as Nevil is a bit rich not read or herd that one yet.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
picture.php

Sam on the old Sacred seed catalog that was used in the magazine article it had 4 different Haze lines numbered 1 to 4 plus Burning Bush and the Extra Late (New years) Haze making it 6 haze lines.

What made them different from each other.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
View Image

Sam on the old Sacred seed catalog that was used in the magazine article it had 4 different Haze lines numbered 1 to 4 plus Burning Bush and the Extra Late (New years) Haze making it 6 haze lines.

What made them different from each other.

Oh FFS !!!!!!
How many times do you have to be told that is not a real catalog !

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I'm still wondering why Mexican genetics wasn't used in the Haze genetics?

I have never had any Mex that was as good as the best haze. I have grown dozens of Mex landraces when they were good in the 60's and 70's they just do not have the same power or effects. . -SamS

@Sams
Like what Yesum already wrote what about the Acapulco Gold you used for the Skunk#1.Was the effect not good enough to use it in the Haze?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Oh FFS !!!!!!
How many times do you have to be told that is not a real catalog !

You should stick to the FACTS.

That seed catalog was Sam's Sacred Seed catalog that Sam okayed to be used in the Magazine article after it had the name Sacred seeds removed from the seed Cataloged.

So no you are incorrect it the Seed catalog was in fact a REAL seed cataloged that Sacred Seeds used from as far back as 1976 and going by Sam before set date.

"R" lifted the Info from one of my early catalogs (the one pictured in HT was not a real one made by me), all of my catalogs had the Sacred Seeds logo on them. He rasied the prices and dropped the name Sacred Seeds He was trying to show the Cannabis world that things like this exsisted, and had been a round for a while in 1981. -SamS

Sam has cleared that all up some were in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
You should stick to the FACTS.

That seed catalog was Sam's Sacred Seed catalog that Sam okayed to be used in the Magazine article after it had the name Sacred seeds removed from the seed Cataloged.

So no you are incorrect it the Seed catalog was in fact a REAL seed cataloged that Sacred Seeds used from as far back as 1976 and going by Sam before set date.

Sam has cleared that all up some were in this thread.

What i read is that that seed catalog was made up by the writer of that article.It was not a real catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts