What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanilla dutch

The haze you grew was haze x skunk x skunk x skunk. I know this because you showed the pack.

There is 2 different original haze x skunk strains. There is that one that's like 75% skunk, then there is the one most ppl are talking about in this thread which is just original haze x skunk 50/50 made many years ago.

So I've seen you refer to your haze as smelling "purple". The new York haze that's got the 100 page thread on here is an infamous haze that smells like Catholic church incense or frankincense, nothing about that smells "purple'.

So I hate to be that guy...but yeah I'm that guy.
that haze your refering to is purple haze. i would know. its whats in new york. besides its the taste thats the church .the smell is just haze.:thank you: its actually really close to super silver haze to be exactly seed strain specific. it all goes back to the haze that was around back in the day.they just saved the seeds and started breeding from there. most if not all the original haze seeds origins was from then just depends what direction the breeders took.like it says on my pictures most phenos i got from sams seeds were purple phenotypes.the new york haze that is famous is the purple one. no speculation here.just faqs

vanilla dutch

haze is like a car, then theres trucks, and limos.there all automobiles and theres different makes and models.haze is just like that.the kicker is finishing them properly and getting one you like.haze is haze just different versions.you got model t's and then therez rolls royces.and ive never had a bad haze.even brown was good.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
herbgreen Sam had posted it mate said Rob smoke tested the fems and selected what Todd should use to go forth with.

OK ,,, that`s more like what I would expect .
He should now what`s what .

But so should Todd if he`s 35 years deep in the culture . He should be able to tell what is primo and what is not .

But ,,,,,,,, like anyone else unless he has a magic test for males it`s all about smoking the females and then trying different males on them and then ,,,, growing the offspring and smoking that generation of females .

Rinse repeat .

Not rocket surgery .

Nexus7

Hey Sams, when u first got the haze seeds how many did u start with?

Just a few dozen that is all the OHaze seeds I could find at first. My next OHaze grow will be 75,000 I have the seeds tucked away. -SamS

So those 75K all came from those first few dozen seeds? Were they the ones made in Adam? Should properly grown OHaze. be a 5-10% thc strain or do you think it gets above 15%?

@MadMac & Johnny Chi

I know it's not all about numbers but any ideas what your Haze selections test at? I always thought Haze should be low in thc overall like 10-12% but with excellent effect. Your beauties look like they're in the 15-20% range ...

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

What's wrong is people believing in what seems to be lies.
Pre-ordering untested seeds.
Investing 6 month of their "grow" life in a hype.
When they still haven't seen a ripe sinsemlilla flower of the most worked haze of the 2 last decades.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
OK ,,, that`s more like what I would expect .
He should now what`s what .

But so should Todd if he`s 35 years deep in the culture . He should be able to tell what is primo and what is not .

But ,,,,,,,, like anyone else unless he has a magic test for males it`s all about smoking the females and then trying different males on them and then ,,,, growing the offspring and smoking that generation of females .

Rinse repeat .

Not rocket surgery .

The magic test for testing males has been around a very long time you smoke test them by picking the leaf (not shade leaf ) works a treat.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When they still haven't seen a ripe sinsemlilla flower of the most worked haze of the 2 last decades.

If it was legal here i would of placed an order for the Haze seeds my self.

Now i mite not agree with every thing Sam says but i know his the keeper of the Haze.

I would bet many in the seed industry have all ready received Haze seed from Todd also.

I would not order any thing else but the pure haze in a hart beat.

These Haze seeds came out of Sam fridge so that would make them what 35 years old ?

herbgreen

Veteran
Im all for any new haze seeds being introduced

however Todd posted a video on his IG on 4/20 regarding testing....

strange attitude and bizarre sort of cringe worthy

For someone who has grown that long and friends he has it makes no sense

weird

And if RCC smoked the flowers they must have been grown out at least one other time to do that bit of selecting right?

But we see just the one grow and as I tried stating before no evidence of testing or running the progeny

Not that I am complaining hey Glad hes pulling it off with healthy plants He grew them They have seeds!lol

Might be good as any other way...They will get tested by the people who grow em I guess

Glad hes enthused about sharing them :biggrin:

x

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
IF i had received original haze seeds from Sam I would do a great selection job, I would not add a single Neville haze seed, exclusively original haze, grow, test, select, and so on, to get the best of the best ...

vanilla dutch

i would just buy packs of neville haze. mango haze.super silver haze and oldtymers haze and do a side by side comparision grow and put the speculation to rest. i already have (ohxskunk)xskunkx(ohxskunk). and those smell like the haze i know so i know hes got the real deal.i also know ssh is the real deal too. willydread i did exactly that.gypsy got the best seeds regardless.there is no competition.

Last edited:

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran

And who's problem is that exactly, JC? Why does it bother you so much? It's not your money...and it's certainly not your time...correct? Thanks for the concern, but you should really try to stay in your lane on this one, brother.

I like your seedsman haze...looks like some high quality smoke, as a matter of fact.

That said...and I mean no offense here...but what people decide to do with their money and time is really none of your business, straight up.

I'll be documenting my grow of Todd's haze right here, so if you're interested in the truth of what the seed has to offer, stay tuned. If not, then you can put me on ignore, lol. I'm going to document my grow here regardless.

HB.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
IF i had received original haze seeds from Sam I would do a great selection job, I would not add a single Neville haze seed, exclusively original haze, grow, test, select, and so on, to get the best of the best ...

Todd has made pure haze seed and the Ohaze came from Sam and was selected by Rob.

They are the seed of interest by people not the Ohz x NH.

I am interested to see how the Ohaze square up.

harvestreaper

Veteran

i orderd some,, what exactly is lies?? sam says he gave todd the stock ive taken it as an open pollination of sams stock without selection and paid with that in mind,, would like to know any details ive missed

harvestreaper

Veteran
And who's problem is that exactly, JC? Why does it bother you so much? It's not your money...and it's certainly not your time...correct? Thanks for the concern, but you should really try to stay in your lane on this one, brother.

I like your seedsman haze...looks like some high quality smoke, as a matter of fact.

That said...and I mean no offense here...but what people decide to do with their money and time is really none of your business, straight up.

I'll be documenting my grow of Todd's haze right here, so if you're interested in the truth of what the seed has to offer, stay tuned. If not, then you can put me on ignore, lol. I'm going to document my grow here regardless.

HB.

did you happen to get any of the haze x kush labelled freebies? i can only find nevs haze x kush on his site not sure if that what i got ive emailed todd but hes not got back to me yet

JohnnyChicago

Sorry HB but pre-selling untested seeds should not become the standard. And you are supporting these kind of methods by pre-ordering seeds.
That was what I was meaning. Didn't want to be disrespectful.

Todds should be the only legit Haze on the market. Would order them too, if I would need them.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Sorry HB but pre-selling untested seeds should not become the standard. And you are supporting these kind of methods by pre-ordering seeds.
That was what I was meaning. Didn't want to be disrespectful.

Todds should be the only legit Haze on the market. Would order them too, if I would need them.

From what I understand, Todd got these seed at least a few years back and has ran them for a few cycles in his greenhouse and indoors. For “untested” seed, the plants I’m getting are looking fairly uniform for the most part and the germ rate was 100%. Were they ALL killer looking? Nope. I got a few smaller plants and one that looks like a weird mutant sativa. Does that bother me? Not really. I’ve gotten much worse results from breeders who are well respected in the community and supposedly tested their seed before selling them.

I’ll post some pics later when I get home so you can see what I’m talking about. The plants that are uniform look pretty good to me.

You know I respect you, JC...but spreading false rumors about some seed you haven’t tried and probably have no intention of ever growing yourself....I don’t know, bro. All this innuendo with zero proof of anything...which isn’t new for a Haze thread...it’d be nice to dispense with all the shit talking and let the plants speak for themselves for a change.

@Harvestreaper...I think I got some Superglue x ON Haze freebee or something like that...can’t remember exactly. I’ll be giving those away to a friend that’s new to growing as I’ve got no interest in growing Todd’s hybrids. I have plenty of other hybrids going already (C5 Durban, C5 x A5T, SLH x A5/A5T, A5 S1, etc) from trusted sources, so...

HB.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

HB.

Id like to see them. I was looking at MM X 78 THAI.. I found some made by Bushy on seedbay but Hempy's got me doubting there legit.

As for untested. I see no issues with that as long as its clear what they are. It takes allot of man hrs to test. If your not doing it the price should reflect that.

T

TakenByTheSky

Todd's haze looks a lot chunkier than I'd expect.

He has that one nice picture of the dried but that looks pretty good but most of the other pics look like haze hybrids.

Also I don't get why anyone would buy 5000 seeds for $5k when you could buy 10 or 20 and make your own seeds. For a.strain that's been around since the 70s you wouldn't really think you'd see much difference with one more generation.

To be honest, that pic of seedsman haze looks a lot better I'd rather have that. I wish seedsman never discontinued it.

I think the flying Dutchman original haze is x'd with skunk?

JohnnyChicago

You know I respect you, JC...but spreading false rumors about some seed you haven’t tried and probably have no intention of ever growing yourself....I don’t know, bro. All this innuendo with zero proof of anything...which isn’t new for a Haze thread...it’d be nice to dispense with all the shit talking and let the plants speak for themselves for a change.

Spreading? Rumors? Shit talking... Please, HB :)
Or do you mean Todd?

And somehow now you are doing exactly the same thing, you are reproaching me.

I would try every Haze that comes from Sam. But not when advertised as being the same seeds Neville did find his Haze A&C males. Sounds to good to be true. Call me negative, pessimistic or even depressive, but no spreader of rumors :biggrin:

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Id like to see them. I was looking at MM X 78 THAI.. I found some made by Bushy on seedbay but Hempy's got me doubting there legit.

As for untested. I see no issues with that as long as its clear what they are. It takes allot of man hrs to test. If your not doing it the price should reflect that.

I have a bunch of MM hybrids in storage...although not with the 78 Thai. I do have MM x Thai '82 as part of my collection, but I haven't grown those out yet and I forget where the Thai male came from. The mullum hybrids I've grown in the past all tend to be pretty long flowering and beefy...these ain't no skinny girly plants. Good mold resistence with thick/hardy stems to hold up the heavy duty, mold resistent flowers. It's a great plant that gets extra large, but you need to flower it for at least 14-18 weeks. Would go well in the tropics, I'd imagine.

Not sure about what Bushy has or had...and I don't really want to speak on it...none of my business. That whole grail project could have been awesome if things had worked out better...that's all I gotta say about that.

I popped one 10-pack of Todd's haze and got 100% germination. The seed when I bought them were 2 for 1, so I paid 100 for a pack and got 20 seeds...so 5 bucks a seed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...and the price of admission wasn't too bad.

These are the uniform looking plants...sorry for the crappy pics, but it's a bit overcast today...
pB6lDBtl.jpg

9z6cxkdl.jpg

dMt7NSal.jpg

These are the smaller plants from the same pack that look a bit different. Was going to toss them, but I think I'll keep them around for now to see how they turn out.
9UbKn5al.jpg

This is the weirdest one...thought it might have some sort of disease or virus, but it wants to keep growing, so I'm going to keep watering it and will transplant it later if it starts to work itself out of whatever is going on with it...
MNppUKyl.jpg

HB.

Status
Not open for further replies.