What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive grown many of them. Kona Sunset was my last one. I don't like purples much. There green counterparts have always been more potent. Im not a big fan of Purple weed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
There is a lot of work going on outside the eyes of instagram or public forums like ICmag Hempy.
Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean that there isn't a wave of great sativa work going on around the world right now, with many passionate growers and breeders in on the action.
#themoreyouknow

Todd's work is just a tiny blip on the radar for people who have been into this side of cannabis for the long haul.
*yawn*

I mean, come on. He's crossing oHaze with Nevil's Haze.
Is he really doing anything new at all?
The only thing significant about todd's hybrid is that the oHaze seeds came straight from Sam's hand.

I have no doubt that many out there are working with great sativas i know a few my self but i mean with Haze.

Some People talk of Nevil Haze as if its value or use has been expired far from it and crossing a Haze or NH to an unrelated line is the formula Sam and Nevil have been telling people for years now to go forth with.

Yes Todd has used NH to breed with but the Haze seed Sam gave Todd to reproduce that Rob Clark has selected has to be the only real new Haze work out there on the market.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still wondering why Mexican genetics wasn't used in the Haze genetics?

I have never had any Mex that was as good as the best haze. I have grown dozens of Mex landraces when they were good in the 60's and 70's they just do not have the same power or effects. . -SamS

Ok, but the Skunk has a good bit of Acapulco Gold in it. Not seeing how the two jibe. If it is a good deal weaker or dull in effect, why use it in the Skunk?

I often wonder how many people really had Acapulco Gold for real, not some brownish weed marketed as AG. Also goes for the rest of the types, Torreon Violet, Oaxacan, Michoacan. Having a strain called by a state in Mexico is so vague to begin with. Surely there were several in each area at any one time.

I think most of the best never left Mexico or very little. Same as now.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If your a grower and you want to make seed you are going to use the most potent lines you have right ?.

Going by all i have read on haze from over 2 decades the Haze brothers were not Breeders all they did was cross the strongest sativas they were growing to make seed for the next grow season.

As a result they created Haze it was not planned or from a breeding project it was the result of just crossing the best sativas they had at the time.

In the old days there was no hype things like Thai columbines Africans so an were as common as sk1 is today.

All people cared about was how strong the smoke was.

T

TakenByTheSky

this discussion is about haze seeds you can buy? and not about the haze brothers purple haze of today or the past? that seems a little weird. nobody one here smokes purple from 2020? weird.anyway heres some pics of gypsy nirvana collection sam the skunkmans original haze x skunk. it smells like haze from new york as of todays market. exactly the same.just a slight skunk undertone on some phenos.

The haze you grew was haze x skunk x skunk x skunk. I know this because you showed the pack.

There is 2 different original haze x skunk strains. There is that one that's like 75% skunk, then there is the one most ppl are talking about in this thread which is just original haze x skunk 50/50 made many years ago.

So I've seen you refer to your haze as smelling "purple". The new York haze that's got the 100 page thread on here is an infamous haze that smells like Catholic church incense or frankincense, nothing about that smells "purple'.

So I hate to be that guy...but yeah I'm that guy.

Raho

Veteran
I have no doubt that many out there are working with great sativas i know a few my self but i mean with Haze.

Some People talk of Nevil Haze as if its value or use has been expired far from it and crossing a Haze or NH to an unrelated line is the formula Sam and Nevil have been telling people for years now to go forth with.

Yes Todd has used NH to breed with but the Haze seed Sam gave Todd to reproduce that Rob Clark has selected has to be the only real new Haze work out there on the market.

Except Sam gave the same gear to MadMac and he's growing it now where people can see the work. And MadMac is a part of this community, not a self-described cannabis celebrity, activist for corporate cannabis (california prop 64).

Mac also doesn't claim to be a breeder with "more-than-35 years of experienced of breeding and selection" like Todd does. In all that time and effort, from 35 years of work, Todd has no strains known to the public until his recent commercial debut.
Todd's recent release from "The Todd McCormick Collection" (claimed on his website to be his personal collection from over 35 years of growing/breeding) is basically a listing of 47 hybrids dusted with pollen from a Nevil's x oHaze male.

Thing is, the females that were dusted were almost all hype clones available at dispensaries from the west coast US commercial market.

Do you believe that Todd actively runs a nursery where he maintains a personal collection of 47 elite cuts specifically to breed with?

This "personal collection from 35 years of growing/breeding" only has 2 cuts that existed before the year 2000 (white widow and romulan.)

Don't you think it is more likely that he sent pollen or a male to somebody else who runs a commercially licensed operation and had them dust every hype strain in their collection and send him the seeds?

Who knows, maybe Todd even had them made somewhere in Spain like DNA and DinaFem do?

Todd the veteran breeder who if what you say is true, got somebody else to make his selections for him on the only part of his entire seed release that required "breeding."
Yeah, I'm not really excited about Todd's debut.

BTW: I have nothing but good things to say about Nevil's Haze, but crossing Nev's with oHaze is inbreeding Haze.

That's exactly what you have been saying would produce hay or cat-piss phenos throughout this thread.
You are the one who has said that's not good. Not me.
My only comment is that people have been making crosses like that for a long time on every continent in the world. It's not new.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Except Sam gave the same gear to MadMac and he's growing it now where people can see the work. And MadMac is a part of this community, not a self-described cannabis celebrity, activist for corporate cannabis (california prop 64).

Mac also doesn't claim to be a breeder with "more-than-35 years of experienced of breeding and selection" like Todd does. In all that time and effort, from 35 years of work, Todd has no strains known to the public until his recent commercial debut.
Todd's recent release from "The Todd McCormick Collection" (claimed on his website to be his personal collection from over 35 years of growing/breeding) is basically a listing of 47 hybrids dusted with pollen from a Nevil's x oHaze male.

Thing is, the females that were dusted were almost all hype clones available at dispensaries from the west coast US commercial market.

Do you believe that Todd actively runs a nursery where he maintains a personal collection of 47 elite cuts specifically to breed with?

This "personal collection from 35 years of growing/breeding" only has 2 cuts that existed before the year 2000 (white widow and romulan.)

Don't you think it is more likely that he sent pollen or a male to somebody else who runs a commercially licensed operation and had them dust every hype strain in their collection and send him the seeds?

Who knows, maybe Todd even had them made somewhere in Spain like DNA and DinaFem do?

Todd the veteran breeder who if what you say is true, got somebody else to make his selections for him on the only part of his entire seed release that required "breeding."
Yeah, I'm not really excited about Todd's debut.

BTW: I have nothing but good things to say about Nevil's Haze, but crossing Nev's with oHaze is inbreeding Haze.

That's exactly what you have been saying would produce hay or cat-piss phenos throughout this thread.
You are the one who has said that's not good. Not me.
My only comment is that people have been making crosses like that for a long time on every continent in the world. It's not new.

Sam Ohaze has been sold for decades now and even Sam will tell you that the closer you can get to the Haze he was given you can get the better it will be.

MadMac plants look nice but they dont seam to have the explosive vigor i saw from Haze grown in the past or what i see from Nevil's Haze.

Todd's Haze was give to him by Sam you also forget Rob Clack was the guy that selected the plants Todd made seed with.

I don't see Todd as a breeder and i dont think his ever claimed to be one.

I also know that Todd has claimed a few things to be factual that turned out to be not.

But we are going by what Sam has posted on Todd's haze reproduction.

1/Sam gave Todd the seed
2/Rob Clark did the selections and nature did the rest.
3/Todd growing the plants selected by Rob harvesting them and then packaging selling the seed.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Sam Ohaze has been sold for decades now and even Sam will tell you that the closer you can get to the Haze he was given you can get the better it will be.

MadMac plants look nice but they dont seam to have the explosive vigor i saw from Haze grown in the past or what i see from Nevil's Haze.

Todd's Haze was give to him by Sam you also forget Rob Clack was the guy that selected the plants Todd made seed with.

I don't see Todd as a breeder and i dont think his ever claimed to be one.

I also know that Todd has claimed a few things to be factual that turned out to be not.

But we are going by what Sam has posted on Todd's haze reproduction.

1/Sam gave Todd the seed
2/Rob Clark did the selections and nature did the rest.
3/Todd growing the plants selected by Rob harvesting them and then packaging selling the seed.

If we are talkin breeders .
Where is RCC `s catalog from near 40 years in the game ?
Early Girl was a loooong time ago .

Is he a breeder a scientist or a writer ?
If he`s a breeder what has he bred ?

Breadwizard

I think RCC has a personal stash of seeds, if anything else, just being around the right people at the right time. I've got an old Mexican line that was apparently gifted by him to the breeder (Original Delicatessen). It certainly acts like it's had a lot of breeding work done with it, and appears very inbred.

T

TakenByTheSky

I have RCC's First Lady aka la prima Dama, In my collection, it's supposedly 100% sativa but doesn't look like one from what I have seen online and it finishes fast like 10 weeks or less.

hellfire

Boneyard Seeds Norcal released some Original Haze F4s. And they linked the other haze icmag thread on their facebook post about it lol.

I wonder what is the chance of them being hay? When SamS says the best haze phenos are 1 in 1000 is it marketing or is the rest really crap? How many seeds do you have to pop to find good OHaze phenos? Not glorious stellar whatever but just some OHaze worth smoking.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If we are talkin breeders .
Where is RCC `s catalog from near 40 years in the game ?
Early Girl was a loooong time ago .

Is he a breeder a scientist or a writer ?
If he`s a breeder what has he bred ?

Well from what i know Rob has a interesting collection of strains him self but lets be honest here show me any one that loves cannabis lives cannabis smokes cannabis that dose not have seed.

I was gifted 2 strains that came from Rob they did not germ 1 was red hair sk the other was called Bluegrass.

With out knocking people or insulting people how many breeders do you see out there in the industry ?.

Any one can self a good fem clone and any one can grow out seed and have a female show up and a male and seed made.

herbgreen

Veteran
hempy I dont know where you get RCC did the selection for Todds haze?

I think it was an open pollination

With all the haze seeds via Sam

I mean there are some spectrum from fat to skinny in there

RCC did an interview w/Todd and offerd advice but I think that was about it

x

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Boneyard Sedds Norcal released these Original Haze F4s. And they linked the otger haze icmag thread on their facebook post about it lol.

I wonder what is the chance of them being hay? When SamS says the best haze phenos are 1 in 1000 is it marketing or is the rest really crap? How many seeds do you have to pop to find good OHaze phenos? Not glorious stellar whatever but just some OHaze worth smoking.

I would say odds on for them to be mostly hay mate.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
hempy I dont know where you get RCC did the selection for Todds haze?

I think it was an open pollination

With all the haze seeds via Sam

I mean there are some spectrum from fat to skinny in there

RCC did an interview w/Todd and offerd advice but I think that was about it

x

herbgreen Sam had posted it mate said Rob smoke tested the fems and selected what Todd should use to go forth with.

SF0

I see the Cuban Black Haze clone is making its rounds on Instagram.

One of my first "good weed" strains, I'd love to have her.

I've got a Bandaid Haze #7 cross I'm going to get started soon.

What kind of haze is your favorite?
i don't know man... I never had real nyc piff, but have grown and smoked both uptown browns from topdawg, (original and the bx), both of which the mother cuts are Cuban black haze, and i'm not quite getting the hype... don't get me wrong, the high is good, I just don't think it is what people are making it out to be... not so sure about the smell being "church" either... maybe the bandaid haze will come through better...

T

TakenByTheSky

I believe the real "uptown" "piff" "church" etc..is a very rare pheno of SSH or even mango haze the sister to SSH.

I had an ssh in 08 one like I've never seen again that was 100% frankincense Catholic church smell with a trippy ass high and finished in 11 weeks.

In 15 years I have never had or even smoked anything that came close to that plant. Been thru a ton of SSH seeds and have never found anything like that since.

I've grown all th best, ssh, Nevilles mango, Nevilles haze, mango haze. Nl5haze, original haze x skunk, probably more I can't remember never seen plants like I had in 2008 again.

I fully believe it's an old Dutch haze vs Cuban anything because those hazes were at one time extremely popular.

I don't see any super long flowering Cuban anything ever being commercially viable to sell. Piff had to be a shorter flowering haze dominant strain.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I think a Nl5 x Hz more as SSH came well after it and the Nl5Hz seams to fit the time frame and Dj9 posted a lot of seed of it made its way to NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts