The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAZENACIOUS

Pic above is close-up of dried bud:

picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Haze is real there is no fiction about Haze and Haze and the other lines Sam and i believe Rob also took to Holland and what Nevil had collected change the seen there forever.

That is factual and even Nevil knew how much of a game changer the haze was.

The first time i smoked Haze and yes they were haze hybrids like Nevil's Haze MH so on the plants acted and grew like pure sativas.

I still remember the first toke and smoke and all i could think about was how this strain called Haze reminded me of things i had smoked in the past like tripping weed and the old MM and Mango heads very unique type of high.

Haze is an extremely powerful smoke and if its not then you have not found a good plant that expresses haze.

HAZENACIOUS

Can you describe the terps on her?. Any change you have any not under HPS?. Normal light..
Hi Hammerhead

She is very sweet, ripe mango with underlying hints of peppermint and lavender. flavors come through on the exhale underneath a predominantly hashy flavor. Expando, yet not overly harsh on the throat or lungs, difficult to hold in.

Quite different from my original cut in terms of smell and flavor, but the same expansive smoke, and hashyness on the exhale, but totally different terps. (My original cut was more woody and heady smell kind of like whiskey and incense. )
As luck would have it, I just uploaded this pic for my thread earlier today,
Only got one pic under led right now;

Here is a small cut of her I did under 3500k.
picture.php

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

went thru a bunch of this cross and this was the fastest pheno ,,having her first try outdoors mumma past the test so were hopeful

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I'm still wondering why Mexican genetics wasn't used in the Haze genetics?

I have never had any Mex that was as good as the best haze. I have grown dozens of Mex landraces when they were good in the 60's and 70's they just do not have the same power or effects. . -SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyChicago

Hi Johnny that flower looks amazing how dose she smoke and what is the dry yield from a plant ?.

Hi Hempy, I don't know for yield as I grow them SOG first.

It is a good yielder I guess for a Seedsman haze, if you let her grow untamed. Calyxes are firm.
Smoke no idea. The smell is right. But you know how it is with the Haze. You need to smoke it first.

Same plant, few weeks earlier.
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Hempy, I don't know for yield as I grow them SOG first.

It is a good yielder I guess for a Seedsman haze, if you let her grow untamed. Calyxes are firm.
Smoke no idea. The smell is right. But you know how it is with the Haze. You need to smoke it first.

Same plant, few weeks earlier.
View Image

Hi Johnny okay so its your first grow of her she looks nice and i hope she smokes as good as she looks for you.

H

HazeOil

Hey Sams, when u first got the haze seeds how many did u start with?

Just a few dozen that is all the OHaze seeds I could find at first. My next OHaze grow will be 75,000 I have the seeds tucked away. -SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

Raho

Veteran
The type of cannabis changed after Sam showed up in Holland and that was what 85 ?.

Nevil got hold of the Haze and the rest is history.

The things friends brought back from Holland was not my cup of tea i first saw Haze 2000 on the Mr nice forum at CW and i was lucky to be at the right place at the right time to also collect things Nevil had made and also things Shanti had made using Nevil's parent plants but also seed Nevil had past on to shanti that were never offered.

The Seed collected from Nevil's work and Sam's work in Holland in the later part were gems and lots got them.

Fast forward to 2020 apart from Todd's original Haze reproduction what else has there been that has Haze heads swinging from trees in excitement in the last what 17 or more years.

These days if some one posts and says i found this haze plant or haze phino and it is so strong it leveled us people thing your exaggerating and yet in the late 80s even early 2000s lots of people did post smoke reports like that.

There is a lot of work going on outside the eyes of instagram or public forums like ICmag Hempy.
Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean that there isn't a wave of great sativa work going on around the world right now, with many passionate growers and breeders in on the action.
#themoreyouknow

Todd's work is just a tiny blip on the radar for people who have been into this side of cannabis for the long haul.
*yawn*

I mean, come on. He's crossing oHaze with Nevil's Haze.
Is he really doing anything new at all?
The only thing significant about todd's hybrid is that the oHaze seeds came straight from Sam's hand.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
I see the Cuban Black Haze clone is making its rounds on Instagram.

One of my first "good weed" strains, I'd love to have her.

I've got a Bandaid Haze #7 cross I'm going to get started soon.

What kind of haze is your favorite?

Ready4

Veteran
I'm still wondering why Mexican genetics wasn't used in the Haze genetics?

I have never had any Mex that was as good as the best haze. I have grown dozens of Mex landraces when they were good in the 60's and 70's they just do not have the same power or effects. . -SamS

Mexican genetics were used, Colombian too - story says thai , south Indian was added later. Effects of good haze reminds me of the great quality Mexican genetics, that soaring head high. Different regions of the US had different Mexican genetics, some were exceptional. :tiphat:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Mexican genetics were used, Colombian too - story says thai , south Indian was added later. Effects of good haze reminds me of the great quality Mexican genetics, that soaring head high. Different regions of the US had different Mexican genetics, some were exceptional. :tiphat:

The story has changed, man, it's now pure Colombian, the newspapers have been lying for decades :biggrin: ;)

vanilla dutch

this discussion is about haze seeds you can buy? and not about the haze brothers purple haze of today or the past? that seems a little weird. nobody one here smokes purple from 2020? weird.anyway heres some pics of gypsy nirvana collection sam the skunkmans original haze x skunk. it smells like haze from new york as of todays market. exactly the same.just a slight skunk undertone on some phenos.

Attachments

• 20200415_121055.jpg
    20200415_121055.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200502_154548.jpg
    20200502_154548.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200503_125639.jpg
    20200503_125639.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
    69.4 KB · Views: 42
Status