What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkeppel

Holy crap Hempy she is a beautiful girl mate she would go straight to the pool room !

Thats straight up Golden Bay bush weed but yield looks a shit load better, it even used to cure brown a lot like that.

Light citrus and skunky smell ? Very clear long lasting motivated sort of head high ?

We used to smoke whole Js to ourselves and go for walks in the bush, none of this glued to the couch brain dead high that seems to be o so popular these days.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The 78Thai.

Very nice plant Hempy :thank you:

Maybe im a little dazed but it looks like it had a part in the haze
How long that flower ? Looks like the never ending pheno

I cant remember how long she flowers for i just put her in a corner and let her do her thing i counted the weeks once but its a long flower time.

She takes any were from 3 n a bit to 4 months in 12/12 to sex.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Holy crap Hempy she is a beautiful girl mate she would go straight to the pool room !

Thats straight up Golden Bay bush weed but yield looks a shit load better, it even used to cure brown a lot like that.

Light citrus and skunky smell ? Very clear long lasting motivated sort of head high ?

We used to smoke whole Js to ourselves and go for walks in the bush, none of this glued to the couch brain dead high that seems to be o so popular these days.

The high on this is racy stripy comes at you in waves and takes a while to build but the build is typical for Thai lines.I would not be game to smoke a joint of it a mate did and she punished him.

This drys green and cures brown only Thai line i grew that did not go brown from harvest to brown once dry.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Can't wait until you release her Hempy looks like she could be fun to grow, thai sticks of yesterday to thai hash or thai rosin of today :D

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
This opiated Thai stick discussion is still going here?

I know I'm not well known here so what I say won't be heard but I'll say it anyway.

There was no such thing as "opiated" Thai sticks!

I'm old enough that I was around in the 70s and 80 both in the east coast and west coast. I was in the pot business in CA starting '78 and onward. I spent time in Thailand in the 80s and I hiked through poppy fields north of Chiang Mai and smoked opium in hill tribe villages. I did travel in Isaan but didn't see or check out the cannabis scene. I did get plenty of personal use stash while in Thailand. Most of it was average quality. Nothing like the best sticks.

I handled many many batches of Thai sticks. I heard people talking about opiated Thai sticks often in those days. It was bullshit. I had Thai sticks people would say were opiated but I knew that was not true. I was right there selling them and they were telling me that and I was saying no they aren't. Those people did not know what they were talking about.

If there was such a thing, there would be no doubt about it. But it would be a bad idea as a product anyway. The effects do not mesh well. Only someone who has no experience of opium would think it could be real. A friend of mine who fell into heroin addiction in Bangkok completely stopped smoking any pot once that happened. It did nothing for him.

If there was opiate in sticks, enough to feel effects, several things would have happened. The first is that casual pot smokers who had zero opiate tolerance would have had nausea and some would have had vomiting spells from their first few hits. Opium definitely will cause that to happen to zero tolerance users. The next thing would have been that for those who kept smoking them, opiate dependence would have developed soon. A week or two of daily smoking would do it. No way around it and most stoners were chronic smokers of what they were holding. Addiction from sticks would have become a well known issue. FOR SURE.

All this would have become known to Law Enforcement. Something like that would not have remained a secret or gone unnoticed. And they would have freaked out. It would have been a big deal. But none of that happened because there was NO OPIUM IN THAI STICKS.

Amen !!

Yo Sammy

Veteran
This opiated Thai stick discussion is still going here?

I know I'm not well known here so what I say won't be heard but I'll say it anyway.

There was no such thing as "opiated" Thai sticks!

I'm old enough that I was around in the 70s and 80 both in the east coast and west coast. I was in the pot business in CA starting '78 and onward. I spent time in Thailand in the 80s and I hiked through poppy fields north of Chiang Mai and smoked opium in hill tribe villages. I did travel in Isaan but didn't see or check out the cannabis scene. I did get plenty of personal use stash while in Thailand. Most of it was average quality. Nothing like the best sticks.

I handled many many batches of Thai sticks. I heard people talking about opiated Thai sticks often in those days. It was bullshit. I had Thai sticks people would say were opiated but I knew that was not true. I was right there selling them and they were telling me that and I was saying no they aren't. Those people did not know what they were talking about.

If there was such a thing, there would be no doubt about it. But it would be a bad idea as a product anyway. The effects do not mesh well. Only someone who has no experience of opium would think it could be real. A friend of mine who fell into heroin addiction in Bangkok completely stopped smoking any pot once that happened. It did nothing for him.

If there was opiate in sticks, enough to feel effects, several things would have happened. The first is that casual pot smokers who had zero opiate tolerance would have had nausea and some would have had vomiting spells from their first few hits. Opium definitely will cause that to happen to zero tolerance users. The next thing would have been that for those who kept smoking them, opiate dependence would have developed soon. A week or two of daily smoking would do it. No way around it and most stoners were chronic smokers of what they were holding. Addiction from sticks would have become a well known issue. FOR SURE.

All this would have become known to Law Enforcement. Something like that would not have remained a secret or gone unnoticed. And they would have freaked out. It would have been a big deal. But none of that happened because there was NO OPIUM IN THAI STICKS.

The sanctuary of logic still exists.
Thank you!
:tiphat:

Dkeppel

The high on this is racy stripy comes at you in waves and takes a while to build but the build is typical for Thai lines.I would not be game to smoke a joint of it a mate did and she punished him.

This drys green and cures brown only Thai line i grew that did not go brown from harvest to brown once dry.

I want her ..... :biggrin: I'd give you my left nut but I lost it to cancer, need any children ?

Our bush weed was not anywhere near that potent, a regular Jay was about perfect for an adventure in the bush or going down the beach etc.

Have you tried her outdoors ?

Thanks for sharing her.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I was in the pot business starting in about 1973. The opiated sticks were gone by around 1975. He wouldnt have seen them in1978.

There is an old pot documentary I saw years ago, that showed them processing the sticks in the left over waste water from the heroin process. The pictures were black and white

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
From the reading i have done the US set up all its massive Air Force bases in Thailand and even after the war ended in 1975 the US /AU military were still there.

You had traffickers like the surfers and others but the largest cartel was the US/AU operating out of Asia they were huge until the 80s when it was all exposed.

They would of set up grows all over the place any that got basted / destroyed would of been their competitors i am a summing.

I was watching a video yesterday the opium processing in 95 was done on the boarder of Thailand the growing of opium is done around the Border of Burma the Army that gives traffickers and growers and processes protection is a privet army that gets paid for protecting them all but has no part in growing or trafficking.
its hard to cast ones mind to what happens in other countries , even when u read etc ,
its not the same as having hands on experience and knowing the place ,
the burma border is across the other side of the country to isaan where the thai stick was grown ,(i have been there also)

the isaan provinces is where it all happened , along the mekong in the north east of thailand , in a few provinces there such as udonthani, sakon nakhon and a few neighboring ones ..

i wouldnt assume stuff if you dont have intimate knowledge of the area and the people , what happens in thailand is vastly different to what happens here ...

i know you like folks to respect you and your experiences ,
if you could do the same in return and just listen to the guys who have had plenty of experience with both the cannabis in thailand and the people ,mutual respect is needed for things to work properly ... its a 2 way street ,
just reading and guessing , assuming , really cant give u truth ...

anyhow i really have to stop this silly banter now , i have more pressing things to do that actually move me forward ,
this debate is and has become stagnant .
peace , out ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I was in the pot business starting in about 1973. The opiated sticks were gone by around 1975. He wouldnt have seen them in1978.

There is an old pot documentary I saw years ago, that showed them processing the sticks in the left over waste water from the heroin process. The pictures were black and white
thats not going to work in with hempys time line though ...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
thats not going to work in with hempys time line though ...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Where I live in Northern Cali, some of the last sticks I saw were called Buddha sticks. They were larger then Thai sticks. They were not opiated. I asked Dennis Peron if they were. I think he would has acted confused if he had never heard the term opiated. That was in about the end of 1976, or 1977. Some years later there was some loose bud Thai that was going around. It was very good. It was not on sticks

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
:)How did you give light to that spectacular plant? Also what are the two males in the bottom pic?

Hi Star the males are the brothers of the Thai fem all pics are from that line.

Sativas and heavy Haze plants love lots of light in veg but not in flower so as she started to go into 12/12 she was put in the corner.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Star the males are the brothers of the Thai fem all pics are from that line.

Sativas and heavy Haze plants love lots of light in veg but not in flower so as she started to go into 12/12 she was put in the corner.

Here’s how I’m doing the super silver haze .... she’s under 6000 W HPS. 12 hours light/12 hours dark
picture.php

acespicoli

Thats the best smoke report I heard in awhile
Scared to smoke a whole joint

cant tell you the last time I saw creeper like that
if it feels like ur dying its the right punisher

Thats exactly the kinda tiva you want lol
sounds like a legend :)

so basically a few tokes last a couple hours sound right ?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
its hard to cast ones mind to what happens in other countries , even when u read etc ,
its not the same as having hands on experience and knowing the place ,
the burma border is across the other side of the country to isaan where the thai stick was grown ,(i have been there also)

the isaan provinces is where it all happened , along the mekong in the north east of thailand , in a few provinces there such as udonthani, sakon nakhon and a few neighboring ones ..

i wouldnt assume stuff if you dont have intimate knowledge of the area and the people , what happens in thailand is vastly different to what happens here ...

i know you like folks to respect you and your experiences ,
if you could do the same in return and just listen to the guys who have had plenty of experience with both the cannabis in thailand and the people ,mutual respect is needed for things to work properly ... its a 2 way street ,
just reading and guessing , assuming , really cant give u truth ...

anyhow i really have to stop this silly banter now , i have more pressing things to do that actually move me forward ,
this debate is and has become stagnant .
peace , out ...

The Golden Triangle is Thailand /Burma / Laos not one of us was there in the 60s 70s or the early 80s.

To venture into that area was not safe unless you had the right connections.

I had no clue on what was happening in California in the 70s or early 80s and i bet one part of Cali had no clue on what was happening in other parts of Cali also.

So i find it funny People in Cali or other part of Aus had a clue on what was happening in my part of the world.

I know what i saw and what i smoked and i smoked pure opium once also.

I am not the only person to see opinionated Thai or hash you yourself smoked opiumated hash Donald.

Dkeppel

It's interesting you say Sativa's prefer less light in flowering, I've seen a few other people mention this also.

I've always done the opposite, blast the shit out of them with as many lumans as possible, start decreasing lighting hours around week 8-10ish blah blah blah and I've had some Hermie issue always closest to the light never any seeds or very few seeds the bananas seem sterile .... Mostly LOL.

I'll have to try less light next time I run a haze hybrid, do you decrease daylight hours as well hempy ?

I've seen some other sativa lovers who say it best to veg under 12/12 and reduce lighting hours down to about 8/16 over the course of flowering.

I've not done a hell of a lot of experimenting with lighting hours.... But I've run 10/14 from about week 12-14 onwards for some years with great success getting girl to finish up ... Some girls don't even seem to go into flower unless there's less then 12 hours light a day.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Star shes a beat what is your strategy going to be a little bondage training ?.
if need be...:biggrin:It should work out good for her in that room ...
It's interesting you say Sativa's prefer less light in flowering, I've seen a few other people mention this also.
I've always done the opposite, blast the shit out of them with as many lumans as possible, start decreasing lighting hours around week 8-10ish blah blah blah and I've had some Hermie issue always closest to the light never any seeds or very few seeds the bananas seem sterile .... Mostly LOL.
I'll have to try less light next time I run a haze hybrid, do you decrease daylight hours as well hempy ?

I've seen some other sativa lovers who say it best to veg under 12/12 and reduce lighting hours down to about 8/16 over the course of flowering.

I've not done a hell of a lot of experimenting with lighting hours.... But I've run 10/14 from about week 12-14 onwards for some years with great success getting girl to finish up ... Some girls don't even seem to go into flower unless there's less then 12 hours light a day.

I’m hopeful that she responds well to a typical 12 and 12 photo. Period I have a lot of control over the amount of light intensity she can get...She needs to reveal what kind of phenotype she is...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Hi Dkeppel give them as much light as you can in veg and in 12/12 until they start to sex even the early flower period then put them on the outer edge of the grow away from direct intense light ( so they are not directly under ) and watch them fill out.

If its a haze hybrid and it leans to the Haze side do the same if it leans to a good mix of say indica / sat leave them under only sat and heavy sat leaning plants benefit from this in flower.

I have tried 10/14 and even as less as 7/17 but in all honesty the best results i saw was from 12/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts