The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Oh Ms Juice

I have been saying the same for years .
But there will always be some one telling the same old wives tales .

I do believe " some " weed may have been treated with early water . From boiling opium to make morphine . But the steam would have several drugs along side the opium . Some of which are actually stimulants .

All the Thai sticks having opiates . Urban myth .

Me:"Where can I get the Thai Stick dipped in opium?"

Thai Woman:"Silly round eye, it's a myth made up by the Thais to sell more weed to tourists."

Sums up what I've been told by Thais.

If you've been to SEA you would know the people are wonderful but full of bullshit, the average person doesn't have much money and it's very common to con tourists, it's how there feeding there family.
ill just quote these two , but the other posts are worth mention also about the subject ,

i would add it just wouldnt be commercially viable to do this either , firstly the cost of opium , and secondly the logistics of getting it from one part of thailand to another to mix it ,
the thai sticks were not grown in the same area as the opium ,
so someone would have to transport either tonnes of sticks , or tonnes of water or opium , this is not doable ,

perhaps someone once saw or tried some opium laced weed , but its very very unlikely it was available commercially and exported in large amounts for everyone to try ,
it is as mentioned an urban myth ,
it was just strong weed , there was nothing added to it to make it so...

sure it makes for a fun western story , but its not based on any facts ...

HAZENACIOUS

Here is some Haze, descended from C5.

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a beautiful SSH plant, from your yellow pack of SSH ?
I get way to excited by skinny leaves ...
I’m totally freaking out about her I’ve not personally seen a plant like this in many years
It is an F3 made from the 1997 stock:woohoo:I have been repeatedly trying to contact the person who made these seeds.. he is an ICMag member but he’s just not active ..his name is “toxic hippie” ...I want to get more details

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No pistils anywhere on that plant yet? Shes a big girl for not having any. I'm gonna guess she will go 100 days.

She has similar branching structure as my A5bx x FP#15. I topped mine 1x..

View Image

I have absolutely no idea what to expect she can go forever because I will give her all the time that she needs ...I really hope that she performs good but I don’t want the wispy flowered nightmare to finish Phenos I’ve encountered in the past..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, Ive found straight hay a few times running Sat's.. Its never fun when its more valuable as compost, even worse when your out of smoke.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
All the Haze hybrids i have grown from 50% to NH 75% haze take say 4 weeks to sex but the stretching / growth don't stop until the flowers are some what developed so i hope she turns out great for you star.

You should also expect Flowering times to be faster compared to the F1s.

Dkeppel

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it come down to which plants Toxic Hippie selected?

F2 tend to throw a wide variety of phenotypes, depending on how he has made selection I wouldn't just assume the F3 is going to be faster.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it come down to which plants Toxic Hippie selected?

F2 tend to throw a wide variety of phenotypes, depending on how he has made selection I wouldn't just assume the F3 is going to be faster.

No f2 i made from long flowering Haze hybrids has gone as long in flower as the parent.

Selection plays a roll sure but flowering time seams to become faster and i saw this in Kali mist also.

Correct me if i am wrong but are people not reporting faster flowering times in Todd's haze work also ?.

We Will find out soon enough.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the Haze hybrids i have grown from 50% to NH 75% haze take say 4 weeks to sex but the stretching / growth don't stop until the flowers are some what developed so i hope she turns out great for you star.

You should also expect Flowering times to be faster compared to the F1s.
That sounds to be exactly what I’ve encountered thus far:)

He made a bunch of seeds from a bunch of different parental plants .. I will show the picture..

This is the bag :pimp3:That produced the super silver haze male and female plants that I have right now
picture.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Correct me if i am wrong but are people not reporting faster flowering times in Todd's haze work also ?.

The only one to say that was Todd. And I think it was pretty nebulous- something to the effect of, 'some [in this production] finished at 12 weeks but count on 14-16 weeks'

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No f2 i made from long flowering Haze hybrids has gone as long in flower as the parent.

Selection plays a roll sure but flowering time seams to become faster and i saw this in Kali mist also.

Without growing a few hundred there's no way to speak in absolutes.. That's even a small amount..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I posted about this before got hammed for it per normal but it is what it is.

I brought this up with Nevil we had long conversations about it and he saw the same thing that if a haze hybrid has even a little indica in its make up inbreeding will result in the indica becoming more Dominant and expressive more and more you inbreed it.

There is a valid reason why both Sam and Nevil have said inbreeding haze dose not improve it and the way to do it is to outcross it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Without growing a few hundred there's no way to speak in absolutes.. That's even a small amount..

So Nevil was wrong also is what your saying HammerHead because he grew out 1000s and when i brought up the topic he had seen the exact same thing.

led05

Chasing The Present
I got you beat heres a quinfoliate with 5 leafs on this node. This is a recent Bandaid Haze 7 x A5 rev from Karma. They are taking forever to bloom even without the mutation but I am wondering if its the led's. I swapped back to HPS to see if they will get moving.

View Image

Look closer, I mentioned it turned 5 sided end of my post you quoted..... So on this plant it’s been 1-3rd nodes regular, 4-7th nodes Quadfoliate, 8th, 9th and looks like 10th node are all Pentafoliate.....

This is the 3rd Pentafoliate I’ve seen pictures of growing today, not sure I’ve ever seen one before, odd

Attachments

• 529C5530-14D8-4657-8841-4EF7B6B07672.jpeg
    529C5530-14D8-4657-8841-4EF7B6B07672.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 18

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The only one to say that was Todd. And I think it was pretty nebulous- something to the effect of, 'some [in this production] finished at 12 weeks but count on 14-16 weeks'

We will soon find out just how long Todd's Haze flower for i would expect them to go as long as say NH having no indica in them but dose not seam to be the case.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Look closer, I mentioned it turned 5 sided end of my post you quoted..... So on this plant it’s been 1-3rd nodes regular, 4-7th nodes Quadfoliate, 8th, 9th and looks like 10th node are all Pentafoliate.....

This is the 3rd Pentafoliate I’ve seen pictures of growing today, not sure I’ve ever seen one before, odd

I don't think i have ever seen that in Haze hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts