that would have to be opiumated hempy ,
hash has no opinion at all , hehehe ..

rumor has it there was no opiumated hash either ,
it was moldy hash that folks convinced folks it was containing something else ,
but im just repeating what i hear/read ,
we had some that i was told was opiumated ,
just seemed to be strong hash to me ,

i would have expected something else if it had opium in it ,

but thats just my story , others have other experiences of course ...

Edited :biggrin:

I smoked opium to try it so knew the affect the Thai sticks that were said to be laced with opium had the affect was very strong made most that smoked it throw up.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i admit i did throw up the first time i smoked some thai stick in a bong ,
first time i toked was in a joint and it was fine ,
but 4 bongs was a bit much on a 14 year old i suspect ,,

'
still im not sure that proves it had opium in it , id rather see some proper evidence to support it ,
not trying to be a dick , just like my t's crossed and i's dotted ,
i dont believe in god either for similar reasons ...

acespicoli

my fiend from malay was a opium aficionado and introduced me to the art of smoking opium

he had a special pipe and everything their very unique looking google it and see -opium pipe

He got me a few times with a loaded bowlful :/ - it opium has a unmistakable smell

I dont recommend anyone try that stuff ever btw the opposite ideally
ah but a haze thread I regress

Been looking at the Dutchmans o haze lately or toms cant decide

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
my fiend from malay was a opium aficionado and introduced me to the art of smoking opium

he had a special pipe and everything their very unique looking google it and see -opium pipe

He got me a few times with a loaded bowlful :/ - it opium has a unmistakable smell

I dont recommend anyone try that stuff ever btw the opposite ideally
ah but a haze thread I regress

Been looking at the Dutchman's o haze lately or toms cant decide

Never grown Toms but i would take a look at Todd's as that is from seed Sam gave Todd and i think Rob Clark helped with selection.

Raho

Veteran
AFAIK Cannatonic and the Spanish CBD pioneers predate anything that happened in USA, including Charlotte's Web, ACDC and so on.

Jaime from Resin Seeds was sending Cannatonic batches to USA from 2009 onwards, despite Jamie was just using Reggae Seed's genetics to produce his own CBD hybrids like the Cannatonic... they also sent seeds to Israel's Tikum Olam.

Charlotte's Web didn't appear before the 2014 as far as I recall. So it should be the other way around, but US are much better with marketing of course.

Spanish seed companies started the CBD trend, there's no doubt of that, even if it was by accident. But they provided the foundation for the rest to come. :biggrin:
I think Hammer made a mistake or just didn't know the history.
Please don't blame the whole US for his error. Many of us were around when it was happening and are happy to give credit where it's due :)

I don't think anyone in the US industry would tell the story like hammer did. Too much documentation on it to blatantly lie like that.

Their usual approach is to just never mention any of that early work from Spain unless called on it :tiphat:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Never grown Toms but i would take a look at Todd's as that is from seed Sam gave Todd and i think Rob Clark helped with selection.

Since you're now advertising for Toad, could you tell me how different is his Ohaze compared to seedsman and TFD?

HAZENACIOUS

The Thai in the 70s didn't have any CBD. That's why they dipped the sticks in the water by product of the heroin process. To give it some legs

I remember back in the early eighties, in highschool we used to get Thaistick from this disabled vet who used to hang out under a tree on the Courthouse lawn in our town. He had 2 different kinds, one was called Thaistick and the other was called Chocolate Thaistick. The chocolate Thaistick was brown and gooey, and we were told it was "opiated". It was much stronger and when I smoked it, it made me very dizzy, slow. Although we loved them both, We preferred the green Thaistick, it was a lot cheaper, dreamy, way beyond the Mexican brickweed that was our staple.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Analyse from 1976 much higher in thc than nowadays.

picture.php

What Adam got from Rob was probably from Turkish origin.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I remember back in the early eighties, in highschool we used to get Thaistick from this disabled vet who used to hang out under a tree on the Courthouse lawn in our town. He had 2 different kinds, one was called Thaistick and the other was called Chocolate Thaistick. The chocolate Thaistick was brown and gooey, and we were told it was "opiated". It was much stronger and when I smoked it, it made me very dizzy, slow. Although we loved them both, We preferred the green Thaistick, it was a lot cheaper, dreamy, way beyond the Mexican brickweed that was our staple.
probably said that to make a few extra bux ,
we had the brown thai stick here too , it didnt have any opium on it , i spoke with one of the smugglers and am still friends with him , he said it wasnt true and there was no opium on the imported thai sticks ,
imagine the overdoses , the addicts etc stuff like that would create , and yet .....

we had golden thai after the sticks were gone , it was stronger than those brown sticks ...

someone also mentioned opium being smoked differently to how we smoke gunja ,
but im not up on smoking opium so i cant comment on that , maybe someone else knows ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Since you're now advertising for Toad, could you tell me how different is his Ohaze compared to seedsman and TFD?

I am not advertising for Todd Royal but Todd's seed is said to be seed Sam had in storage correct that Rob Clark helped select ?.

The closer you are to non inbreed haze the better you are as a consumer.

How faraway would the Dutchman's seed be from the seed they first sold now ?.

Are the seed if there are any being sold from Toms haze now how far away from the Haze 19 he got ?.

If i was going to buy Haze seed that is on the market now i my self would go to Todd if i wanted Haze hybrids only one place i would use that is MtNice.

HalfArsedFarmer

Rob Clarke gave Adam Dunn A load (buckets full) of high CBD low THC weed for free in the mid 90's Adam used to use this for photo shoots and stunts like the weed leaf blower/burner to the point he still calls it stunt weed FYI.

It was from my High CBD very low THC variety I developed in mid 90's, the worlds first high CBD almost no THC variety. It was not buckets, it was a large barrel full, many Kgs. I do not like CBD but hated to just toss it in the trash, so we gave it to Adam to find a use for. I bred it because I knew CBD and the other minor Cannabinoids would be needed for Researxh and Medical use so I bred single minor Cannabinoid varieties for each of the minor Cannabinoids, sort of build a field and the players will show up. The varieties all were high in a single minor Cannabinoid with little to no THC or other Cannabinoids. Seems like yesterday.
-SamS

So to say the Spanish were the first working CBD angle may not be correct.

Thanks for jumping in Sam.
I meant no harm when I said buckets full, it's merely a turn of phrase we use in the UK to mean A lot of something.

Its always good to get the facts from the source rather than third hand from the likes of myself..

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I've never tried the Todd version, but I grew up the tfd version, a few years ago, a waste of time and money,the old version of seedsman that runs here on the forum is definitely a great choice ...
Or you can try oldtimer green haze da Ace, which is a selection of some green pheno..

Stocktont

Veteran
I had friends now two decades or more back in time that went to Laos to opium resorts and smoked it in the kind of pipes mentioned before in this thread. It's really another beast all together than smoking ganja, Thai or Laos or otherwise... I remember when my friends would send me opium letters back to northern Europe and I would mix it with the best of Moroccan hash and smoke it and just watch the snow fall in winter... beautiful thing but really if something had been “dipped in opium” one would know for sure. It's quite a special feel and nothing like smoking cannabis on its own.

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

I am not advertising for Todd Royal but Todd's seed is said to be seed Sam had in storage correct that Rob Clark helped select ?.

The closer you are to non inbreed haze the better you are as a consumer.

How faraway would the Dutchman's seed be from the seed they first sold now ?.

Are the seed if there are any being sold from Toms haze now how far away from the Haze 19 he got ?.

If i was going to buy Haze seed that is on the market now i my self would go to Todd if i wanted Haze hybrids only one place i would use that is MtNice.

But you are doing for MNS :biggrin:

The closest to non inbred Haze is Oldtimers Haze, if it is true haze.
Todd haze should be the latest inbred haze from Sam, inbred again, fast flowering phenos included, by Todd.
THH is available on Seedbay.

I would choose THH.

And for Haze hybrids give a look at OJD and Karma's Hazes. But no straight Haze crosses there.

Status
Not open for further replies.