What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
But you are doing for MNS :biggrin:

The closest to non inbred Haze is Oldtimers Haze, if it is true haze.
Todd haze should be the latest inbred haze from Sam, inbred again, fast flowering phenos included, by Todd.
THH is available on Seedbay.

I would choose THH.

And for Haze hybrids give a look at OJD and Karma's Hazes. But no straight Haze crosses there.

Going by what Oldtimer1 has posted his sat line has no link to Haze and to be fair to him he never called it haze.

Then that Leaves the Dutch Market personally i went with Nevil's Haze and have F1s store but also F2s.

But if i was to order Haze today i honestly would go with Todd's my self or MrNices that's my opinion.

Mimpi Manis

Mr Mallard said: probably said that to make a few extra bux ,
we had the brown thai stick here too , it didnt have any opium on it , i spoke with one of the smugglers and am still friends with him , he said it wasnt true and there was no opium on the imported thai sticks ,
imagine the overdoses , the addicts etc stuff like that would create , and yet .....

we had golden thai after the sticks were gone , it was stronger than those brown sticks ...

someone also mentioned opium being smoked differently to how we smoke gunja ,
but im not up on smoking opium so i cant comment on that , maybe someone else knows ...

My first ever opium was some a local got for me in the outskirts of Penang (1979). I smeared the paper and rolled up a doobie with the Aceh he also got for me. I remember about half through feeling absolutely out of my tree. I asked an American girl who was staying at the little traveller compound 'what should I expect from smoking opium. When I told how I was she said: "Sounds like the weed. Opium is difficult to smoke like that. If its any help... you sure look stoned!" I had to play my guitar for about 2 hours to settle the nerves. Sometime later, another local took us to a proper place. An old guy about 75 plus supplied some top notch opium... which we smoked in his 100 year old pipe. One of my stellar travelling experiences. Opium is nothing like Thai/Aceh weed in any way shape or form I would say. Chalk and cheese. I can't imagine the Thai growers would waste too much expenisive opium on what is already a real nice product as it is. Had some genuine Thai stucks brought in by some Italians guys a week later... so I can double confirm the opium/Thai myth is probably just that. IMHO. Lj

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

seems to be 4 instead of 2 sets of leaves on this one

JohnnyChicago

Going by what Oldtimer1 has posted his sat line has no link to Haze and to be fair to him he never called it haze.

Then that Leaves the Dutch Market personally i went with Nevil's Haze and have F1s store but also F2s.

But if i was to order Haze today i honestly would go with Todd's my self or MrNices that's my opinion.

You recommend "the closer you are to non inbred Haze, the better." And at the same time you recommend the latest Haze that has been inbred.

Then what matters too is how well and for what the Haze has been inbred. Not only how much or how often.
You can have a batch from 1985, where you can search forever for the trait(s) you like. But you could be able to find it in a batch from 2011 of another much more inbred selection from the same original line.

If I was looking for the Haze traits that I know from Nevils haze, only from what I do see on pics as I haven't grown THH or Todds myself, I would go for THH all the time.
Also because THH has been and is being tested all around in the community. Todd's we will know soon what the people think.

In general the more Hazes are around the better.
And the better they are. The better it is :)

harvestreaper

Veteran
breedings always a roll of the dice inbred or outcrossed,, wiith a small inbred genepool everything just happens faster pair up some shit examples and itll become domnant real quick same way with pairing standouts iin this way inbred genepools are simpler to work with imo ,,,,

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You recommend "the closer you are to non inbred Haze, the better." And at the same time you recommend the latest Haze that has been inbred.

Then what matters too is how well and for what the Haze has been inbred. Not only how much or how often.
You can have a batch from 1985, where you can search forever for the trait(s) you like. But you could be able to find it in a batch from 2011 of another much more inbred selection from the same original line.

If I was looking for the Haze traits that I know from Nevils haze, only from what I do see on pics as I haven't grown THH or Todds myself, I would go for THH all the time.
Also because THH has been and is being tested all around in the community. Todd's we will know soon what the people think.

In general the more Hazes are around the better.
And the better they are. The better it is :)

Johnny all of the Haze came from Sam that we see being offered now the stuff Todd got came from stored seed from Sam's freezer.

The seed was grown out and selection was made my Rob Clack going by what has been said.

People are growing them now and how good they are will come soon.

Nevil's haze work came from seed he got from Sam and it was not inbreed it was out crossed.

Toms was from haze 19 sold threw Posi i dont know what tom did with that but is he still selling it or are the ones being offered now inbreed and crosses with other things.

led05

Chasing The Present
View Image
seems to be 4 instead of 2 sets of leaves on this one

Looks more trifoliate to me which is much more common than quadfoliate (your 4th leaf looks below that level to me, hard to tell?) ....., IME they generally stop doing it @ the 9-11 nodes, this one has been a quad since the 4th node and hasn’t stopped yet, it’s sending other unusual messages of vigor to me too.... Ploidy afaik has nothing to do with foliate(s) and requires genetic testing but this Cambo Quad is hinting at something unusual, it’s 10 times the size of another Cambo seed started same time and larger than all others of different parental lines.... Looks like it's putting out a 5th now too, wow

Attachments

• 29E9B23A-0966-4A40-86F2-683BD6AA9388.jpg
    29E9B23A-0966-4A40-86F2-683BD6AA9388.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

Toms was from haze 19 sold threw Posi i dont know what tom did with that but is he still selling it or are the ones being offered now inbreed and crosses with other things.

Posi Haze was Sam's Haze19 cut crossed to one or more OHaze males selected from seed by Positronics. Inbred many times by Tom Hill, then reproduced 2 times. That's what is sold at seedbay.
I'm no Thh fan, but it's all documented very well here on icmag. You know 100% what you get.
Tom Hills Haze :)

T

TakenByTheSky

Posi Haze was Sam's Haze19 cut crossed to one or more OHaze males selected from seed by Positronics. Inbred many times by Tom Hill, then reproduced 2 times. That's what is sold at seedbay.
I'm no Thh fan, but it's all documented very well here on icmag. You know 100% what you get.
Tom Hills Haze :)

Why are you not a thh fan?

harvestreaper

Veteran
Looks more trifoliate to me which is much more common than quadfoliate (your 4th leaf looks below that level to me, hard to tell?) ....., IME they generally stop doing it @ the 9-11 nodes, this one has been a quad since the 4th node and hasn’t stopped yet, it’s sending other unusual messages of vigor to me too.... Ploidy afaik has nothing to do with foliate(s) and requires genetic testing but this Cambo Quad is hinting at something unusual, it’s 10 times the size of another Cambo seed started same time and larger than all others of different parental lines.... Looks like it's putting out a 5th now too, wow

interesting plant you got there led05 thanks for the imput ,,this quad /tri is new to me,, gonna be interesting to see how they manifest my eyes aint great but this looks like 4 to me heres a better shot cant recall seeing one before myself
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user

I got you beat heres a quinfoliate with 5 leafs on this node. This is a recent Bandaid Haze 7 x A5 rev from Karma. They are taking forever to bloom even without the mutation but I am wondering if its the led's. I swapped back to HPS to see if they will get moving.

picture.php

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

No use counting those F2s Doctor Hempy .
We found out a long time ago they don`t germinate remember ?

I spent a few months fcking about with your Nev Haze and Black Widow F2s trying to get them to sprout ...

Eventually bought Critical Haze , Nordle and Walk About from Mr Blakey . They spouted in a cup of water within 24 hours .

HAZENACIOUS

probably said that to make a few extra bux ,
we had the brown thai stick here too , it didnt have any opium on it , i spoke with one of the smugglers and am still friends with him , he said it wasnt true and there was no opium on the imported thai sticks ,
imagine the overdoses , the addicts etc stuff like that would create , and yet .....

we had golden thai after the sticks were gone , it was stronger than those brown sticks ...

but im not up on smoking opium so i cant comment on that , maybe someone else knows ...

I think it was twice as much and it was very strong, we got it a few times, I think I got in big trouble because I was too high to go home, possible, but I think he was telling the truth. Whatever the case it was much stronger. And the brown goo it was covered in didn't look like it came from the weed itself. But you never know ...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Mr Mallard said: probably said that to make a few extra bux ,

My first ever opium was some a local got for me in the outskirts of Penang (1979). I smeared the paper and rolled up a doobie with the Aceh he also got for me. I remember about half through feeling absolutely out of my tree. I asked an American girl who was staying at the little traveller compound 'what should I expect from smoking opium. When I told how I was she said: "Sounds like the weed. Opium is difficult to smoke like that. If its any help... you sure look stoned!" I had to play my guitar for about 2 hours to settle the nerves. Sometime later, another local took us to a proper place. An old guy about 75 plus supplied some top notch opium... which we smoked in his 100 year old pipe. One of my stellar travelling experiences. Opium is nothing like Thai/Aceh weed in any way shape or form I would say. Chalk and cheese. I can't imagine the Thai growers would waste too much expenisive opium on what is already a real nice product as it is. Had some genuine Thai stucks brought in by some Italians guys a week later... so I can double confirm the opium/Thai myth is probably just that. IMHO. Lj

Oh Ms Juice

I have been saying the same for years .
But there will always be some one telling the same old wives tales .

I do believe " some " weed may have been treated with early water . From boiling opium to make morphine . But the steam would have several drugs along side the opium . Some of which are actually stimulants .

All the Thai sticks having opiates . Urban myth .

G

Some THH starting at the beginning:tiphat:

Attachments

• DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00039.jpg
    DSC00039.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00040.jpg
    DSC00040.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 20

Dkeppel

Me:"Where can I get the Thai Stick dipped in opium?"

Thai Woman:"Silly round eye, it's a myth made up by the Thais to sell more weed to tourists."

Sums up what I've been told by Thais.

If you've been to SEA you would know the people are wonderful but full of bullshit, the average person doesn't have much money and it's very common to con tourists, it's how there feeding there family.

elanius

Veteran
I got a lot of quadrifoliate O.Haze plants, almost every other plant do this, especially when they are older...seems like this type of mutation is very common in this line.

elanius

Veteran
^^^^ It's got a healthy amount of BLD in it

Without genetic analyses, you cannot be sure. I grew many and didnt feel like there is BLD in there. Occasional wider leaf, but I grew pure Thais and some started with the same leafs as THH. I am not saying, its not possible to have some BLD genes, but imo, not so easy to tell.

HAZENACIOUS

Oh Ms Juice

I have been saying the same for years .
But there will always be some one telling the same old wives tales .

I do believe " some " weed may have been treated with early water . From boiling opium to make morphine . But the steam would have several drugs along side the opium . Some of which are actually stimulants .

All the Thai sticks having opiates . Urban myth .

I agree that all of them having opiates is surely a myth, but maybe none of them having it is also a myth. We were just kids, so it's hard to say for sure, but I would bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts