What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G13haze start its popularity around late 90's and early 2000's.
This citrusy piney G13haze at Barneys and today in Amsterdam is Nevilles Haze x G13airborne malethat is what i know about G13hazes.

Both "G13" and Nevils Hz have NL in their make up...theres G13/skunk genetics foating around as well... FACT

Love Potion "F2" I got from Bacchus many years ago :thank you:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Shanti said years ago that he never had pure G13 seeds. Only hybrids.
Nevil said the G13 cut was lost shortly after he got it. To preserve it, he used an NL2 male. He had the same problem with the "Hashplant" cut he got at the same time as the G13.
He crossed that with NL1 male which he said was the most indica line he had. A male from the Hashplant x NL cross was used to pollinate the G13 cut which produced the G13 x HP seeds sold in the 88 catalog.
Nev also outcrossed the G13 with Skunk and Haze. Probably other stuff too (as any of us would have done.)
Not sure if he did the Widow outcross as that was a Greenhouse/Shanti thing at the time I think. It wasn't in the 88 catalog. Could be Shanti did that cross later using a G13 hybrid seed plant selection.

That means (assuming that Shanti does have the Haze C male) that he does not have the mother needed to reproduce Nev's original cross.

Shanti explained years ago how he worked the G13 x Skunk line to produce a new version of the hybrid.
Starting with an old pack of seeds from Nev, he took the line to F3 selecting for G13 traits resulting something he considered a highly G13 dominant female. He then BXed this to a skunk male to produce the new version of G13 Skunk that he sells.

The 2 most likely ways Shanti can produce G13 Haze using stock he got from Nevil:
1. Use the F3 G13 dom female selection he produced from G13 x Skunk seeds he got from Nev.
2. IBL the original G13 x HzC line from original F1 seed he got from Nev.

None of this is a comment on the quality of the "G13 Haze" seeds Shanti sells. From all accounts, the plants those seeds produce have some excellent phenos in them.

I remember 1 particular pheno a friend over at MNS found that he called "Swamp Thing" that looked like something all of us would want in our gardens.
From grow reports I can remember, the pheno spreads people find in those packs are more like something a person would find in an IBL pack than from an F1 hybrid.

Since I haven't grown out my pack of Shanti's G13 Haze yet, I can't give a personal report.

The G13/Sk was the last cross Nevil made with the G13 and said to be the best cross of the G13 and that was never sold Nevil had the seed sitting on the shelf on top of his fire place going by what shanti had posted at mr nice.

So no it was not a pack of seed and the seed that did germinate selection was done was made by shanti and F2s made they were then given out to a few as test seed to be grown and the grows documented.

The G13/Sk sold could be f3 or f4 i don't know.

These are G13/Sk test seed
picture.php

Dkeppel

Shanti said years ago that he never had pure G13 seeds. Only hybrids.
Nevil said the G13 cut was lost shortly after he got it. To preserve it, he used an NL2 male. He had the same problem with the "Hashplant" cut he got at the same time as the G13.
He crossed that with NL1 male which he said was the most indica line he had. A male from the Hashplant x NL cross was used to pollinate the G13 cut which produced the G13 x HP seeds sold in the 88 catalog.
Nev also outcrossed the G13 with Skunk and Haze. Probably other stuff too (as any of us would have done.)
Not sure if he did the Widow outcross as that was a Greenhouse/Shanti thing at the time I think. It wasn't in the 88 catalog. Could be Shanti did that cross later using a G13 hybrid seed plant selection.

That means (assuming that Shanti does have the Haze C male) that he does not have the mother needed to reproduce Nev's original cross.

Shanti explained years ago how he worked the G13 x Skunk line to produce a new version of the hybrid.
Starting with an old pack of seeds from Nev, he took the line to F3 selecting for G13 traits resulting something he considered a highly G13 dominant female. He then BXed this to a skunk male to produce the new version of G13 Skunk that he sells.

The 2 most likely ways Shanti can produce G13 Haze using stock he got from Nevil:
1. Use the F3 G13 dom female selection he produced from G13 x Skunk seeds he got from Nev.
2. IBL the original G13 x HzC line from original F1 seed he got from Nev.

None of this is a comment on the quality of the "G13 Haze" seeds Shanti sells. From all accounts, the plants those seeds produce have some excellent phenos in them.

I remember 1 particular pheno a friend over at MNS found that he called "Swamp Thing" that looked like something all of us would want in our gardens.
From grow reports I can remember, the pheno spreads people find in those packs are more like something a person would find in an IBL pack than from an F1 hybrid.

Since I haven't grown out my pack of Shanti's G13 Haze yet, I can't give a personal report.

I went and reread my PM's, it's apparently this an IBL of Nevils G13xHazeC F1.

I wish MNS listed what generation the seeds your buying are ....

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The G13/Sk was the last cross Nevil made with the G13 and said to be the best cross of the G13 and that was never sold Nevil had the seed sitting on the shelf on top of his fire place going by what shanti had posted at mr nice.

So no it was not a pack of seed and the seed that did germinate selection was done was made by shanti and F2s made they were then given out to a few as test seed to be grown and the grows documented.

The G13/Sk sold could be f3 or f4 i don't know.

These are G13/Sk test seed
View Image

Not on the shelf ...
Attached to a hanging ornament . Police raided . Tipped seeds on the floor . [Good luck with the pedigrees after that ... ]
G13 / Sk seeds not noticed by the police . And handed on to Shanti .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G13 has NL in it ????

Got a reference for that ?

Nice Love Potion plant .
Do you remember the yield ? looks heavy .

Both Airborne´s & Pacific´s G13 have NL afaik ( if theyre not one and the same)

LP is 3/4 SMG and 1/4 "G13"...LOL

Yeah...yield was OK and I´m sure I posted somewhere (long time ago) that several local wealthy guys I know were willing to pay a lot of money for a few grams of it :biggrin:

Bnyest

Here's two Original Haze from Todd.
They aren't very narrow leaf, but we shall see what's up.View Image

Thats what FD is selling as OH, i never got to flower it but when i asked Todd what he thinks about it, thats what he said.

''Thank you for your interest! Attached is the catalog.

And that plant look more Afghan with middle width leaves than anything Haze.

Sadly most European seed makers are not making quality, they are just making seeds and people are getting such poor representations of what they expect.

Thanks,
Todd

Attachments

• IMG_9171.jpg
    IMG_9171.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 28

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Not on the shelf ...
Attached to a hanging ornament . Police raided . Tipped seeds on the floor . [Good luck with the pedigrees after that ... ]
G13 / Sk seeds not noticed by the police . And handed on to Shanti .

No they were Sitting on the shelf on top of the fire place (not the smartest place to store seed ) And seeds are legal in Holland shanti posted that story at Mrnice along with what germ % he got from the f1s and what he saw so on.

You just love trying to discredit any thing you can about Nevil or Shanti you need a new hobbie.

I know who Nevil collected the G13 clone from i also know the G13 is the strongest indica i ever tried.Some say it has a Green apple taste i think it tastes more like Lebanese blond hash.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Both Airborne´s & Pacific´s G13 have NL afaik ( if theyre not one and the same)

LP is 3/4 SMG and 1/4 "G13"...LOL

Yeah...yield was OK and I´m sure I posted somewhere (long time ago) that several local wealthy guys I know were willing to pay a lot of money for a few grams of it :biggrin:

Yep G13 was a clone only and the best any one could hope for is a G13 expressive phino.

Growing out the G13/Sk test seed i saw only 2 Sk plants the rest looked like the picture i posted so i can safely assume they are G13 expressive phinos.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep G13 was a clone only and the best any one could hope for is a G13 expressive phino.

Growing out the G13/Sk test seed i saw only 2 Sk plants the rest looked like the picture i posted so i can safely assume they are G13 expressive phinos.

Are those cuts from the same mother or just siblings??

Can you see the haze? :)

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raco no some people have posted saying the G13 tasted like Green apples what i tasted was a similar taste to Lebanese blond hash.

X18 comes to mind...but blonde Leb...I just can´t agree :biggrin:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
No they were Sitting on the shelf on top of the fire place (not the smartest place to store seed ) And seeds are legal in Holland shanti posted that story at Mrnice along with what germ % he got from the f1s and what he saw so on.

You just love trying to discredit any thing you can about Nevil or Shanti you need a new hobbie.

I know who Nevil collected the G13 clone from i also know the G13 is the strongest indica i ever tried.Some say it has a Green apple taste i think it tastes more like Lebanese blond hash.
i think the taste of the leb blonde was the best thing about the stuff,

quite delicious i thought ,

it wasnt near as strong as some of the others , but man tasty as ..

eb is just a disagreeable person hempy , i wouldnt worry ,
he is not able to forget if someone has crossed his path or even called him a name ,

the rest of us can move on from things , but not that guy ,
tom hill embarrassed him once , so forever tom is trollin tom,

i recently said he was wrong on his theory there was no thai sticks in thailand , he was told it by a girl who had no idea ,
so he started to troll me again ,

and of course he has never forgiven you for the favor you did sending him seeds when no one else would and he needed help , despite the poor germination , at least you did something to help , but you will be continually trolled until he cant type anymore ..

not a single redeemable quality in that mans character i find , just a nasty old washerwoman type of person ...

Status
Not open for further replies.