willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Big grin eh ?

google translate is educational .Romantic languages . lol

Well ,,, they have got vigour .
Sprout fast and veg quick .

Ah damn automatic translator lol
I've never tried MNS G13 hz, but everyone talks good about it ...
Maybe I should give him an opportunity ...

led05

Chasing The Present
Ah damn automatic translator lol
I've never tried MNS G13 hz, but everyone talks good about it ...
Maybe I should give him an opportunity ...

I've got quite a few (>100) from more than a decade ago from Scott direct (non euro send)... Everything from that order has been unique and better than all others I have gotten from them, it's a long story..... But... if you wanted to do a bulkage, document and share back with others I'd send some to you.... If you're interested hit me up where I roam much more often.....

Peace buddy

Breadwizard

I think Barneys G13 Haze is actually: G13 x Hawaii :biggrin:

There was discussion on this one in another thread. It was thought that BF's G13 Haze is either:

Nevil's haze x Airborne G13 (through Reeferman)

complex interbreeding involving amnesia haze, the G13 x haze male Soma uses, etc.

Who knows where the Hawaii comes from? I've asked BF on the forums here, but they deleted my post.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Acapulco Gold = Apple Pie from Reeferman

I grew that Apple Pie from RM before...looked like a hybrid to my eye.

That said, the Acapulco Gold I grew from bodhi/LiquidKid was more on point phenotypically...shame they hermed on me as they were nice looking plants...very uniform. Still have more of those seed, so might revisit them again in the future.

picture.php

picture.php

HB.

Dkeppel

Take this with a gain of salt;

In a conversation some time ago I was told by a reputable source that the G13xHazeC is unchanged and maybe the last haze hybrid strain offered in seed form that's still 100% Nevils selection.

Raho

Veteran
Take this with a gain of salt;

In a conversation some time ago I was told by a reputable source that the G13xHazeC is unchanged and maybe the last haze hybrid strain offered in seed form that's still 100% Nevils selection.

Shanti said years ago that he never had pure G13 seeds. Only hybrids.
Nevil said the G13 cut was lost shortly after he got it. To preserve it, he used an NL2 male. He had the same problem with the "Hashplant" cut he got at the same time as the G13.
He crossed that with NL1 male which he said was the most indica line he had. A male from the Hashplant x NL cross was used to pollinate the G13 cut which produced the G13 x HP seeds sold in the 88 catalog.
Nev also outcrossed the G13 with Skunk and Haze. Probably other stuff too (as any of us would have done.)
Not sure if he did the Widow outcross as that was a Greenhouse/Shanti thing at the time I think. It wasn't in the 88 catalog. Could be Shanti did that cross later using a G13 hybrid seed plant selection.

That means (assuming that Shanti does have the Haze C male) that he does not have the mother needed to reproduce Nev's original cross.

Shanti explained years ago how he worked the G13 x Skunk line to produce a new version of the hybrid.
Starting with an old pack of seeds from Nev, he took the line to F3 selecting for G13 traits resulting something he considered a highly G13 dominant female. He then BXed this to a skunk male to produce the new version of G13 Skunk that he sells.

The 2 most likely ways Shanti can produce G13 Haze using stock he got from Nevil:
1. Use the F3 G13 dom female selection he produced from G13 x Skunk seeds he got from Nev.
2. IBL the original G13 x HzC line from original F1 seed he got from Nev.

None of this is a comment on the quality of the "G13 Haze" seeds Shanti sells. From all accounts, the plants those seeds produce have some excellent phenos in them.

I remember 1 particular pheno a friend over at MNS found that he called "Swamp Thing" that looked like something all of us would want in our gardens.
From grow reports I can remember, the pheno spreads people find in those packs are more like something a person would find in an IBL pack than from an F1 hybrid.

Since I haven't grown out my pack of Shanti's G13 Haze yet, I can't give a personal report.

Tp01

I remember the swamp thing plant from mns forums. If I remember correctly it was from seed he made from mns G13xhaze seed. Also I think MadMac has a pure haze he calls predator that if crossed to G13 may look simmaler

J.B.Kushfeller

Shanti said years ago that he never had pure G13 seeds. Only hybrids.
Nevil said the G13 cut was lost shortly after he got it. To preserve it, he used an NL2 male. He had the same problem with the "Hashplant" cut he got at the same time as the G13.
He crossed that with NL1 male which he said was the most indica line he had. A male from the Hashplant x NL cross was used to pollinate the G13 cut which produced the G13 x HP seeds sold in the 88 catalog.
Nev also outcrossed the G13 with Skunk and Haze. Probably other stuff too (as any of us would have done.)
Not sure if he did the Widow outcross as that was a Greenhouse/Shanti thing at the time I think. It wasn't in the 88 catalog. Could be Shanti did that cross later using a G13 hybrid seed plant selection.

That means (assuming that Shanti does have the Haze C male) that he does not have the mother needed to reproduce Nev's original cross.

Shanti explained years ago how he worked the G13 x Skunk line to produce a new version of the hybrid.
Starting with an old pack of seeds from Nev, he took the line to F3 selecting for G13 traits resulting something he considered a highly G13 dominant female. He then BXed this to a skunk male to produce the new version of G13 Skunk that he sells.

The 2 most likely ways Shanti can produce G13 Haze using stock he got from Nevil:
1. Use the F3 G13 dom female selection he produced from G13 x Skunk seeds he got from Nev.
2. IBL the original G13 x HzC line from original F1 seed he got from Nev.

None of this is a comment on the quality of the "G13 Haze" seeds Shanti sells. From all accounts, the plants those seeds produce have some excellent phenos in them.

I remember 1 particular pheno a friend over at MNS found that he called "Swamp Thing" that looked like something all of us would want in our gardens.
From grow reports I can remember, the pheno spreads people find in those packs are more like something a person would find in an IBL pack than from an F1 hybrid.

Since I haven't grown out my pack of Shanti's G13 Haze yet, I can't give a personal report.

Neville worked in a way to test the offspring if it is good, it goes to sale if it is not good birds eat them.
The G13xHaze cross from 1989 was unstable and very bad by Neville's standards.
The seeds were thrown away as bird food.
Nevile never relised any of G13xhaze cross cuz he didn't like the outcome of crossing g13xhaze. His best plant was NL5xhaze.

Shanti made G13xhaze around 2009 with his ''new bland of old school genetics''.I thnik that he cross his ''G13'' cut he have(G13/skunk)x AC haze male.

Anybody who knew Nevile will know that he didnt like G13xhaze cuz g13 was dominant in this cross.
While NL5 made just little bottom to psydelic haze high top.
Not any of this Neviles cuts floating around is from 80's.
All of them are early and mid 90's. And many vere lost after 1998 cuz law was changed for seeds production in Netherland.

G13haze start its popularity around late 90's and early 2000's.
This citrusy piney G13haze at Barneys and today in Amsterdam is Nevilles Haze x G13airborne malethat is what i know about G13hazes.

Canna-bill

Hi bill,
Thank you for posting this frosty looking haze nugget.
I hope she smokes like she looks.
Thanks for this brother, much appreciated!
:thank you:
Much love!
:tiphat:

Hi Brother Sammy, that's no problem at all, it's my pleasure to grow out these beauties. I love the taste and effects of this cross, really strong effects and sublime tastes and smells of lavender, menthol, incense and floral goodness! I'll be growing more soon, in he meantime, Rock on Brother!

Attachments

• 20200511_205334.jpg
    20200511_205334.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 26

Raho

Veteran
Neville worked in a way to test the offspring if it is good, it goes to sale if it is not good birds eat them.
The G13xHaze cross from 1989 was unstable and very bad by Neville's standards.
The seeds were thrown away as bird food.
Nevile never relised any of G13xhaze cross cuz he didn't like the outcome of crossing g13xhaze. His best plant was NL5xhaze.

Shanti made G13xhaze around 2009 with his ''new bland of old school genetics''.I thnik that he cross his ''G13'' cut he have(G13/skunk)x AC haze male.

Anybody who knew Nevile will know that he didnt like G13xhaze cuz g13 was dominant in this cross.
While NL5 made just little bottom to psydelic haze high top.
Not any of this Neviles cuts floating around is from 80's.
All of them are early and mid 90's. And many vere lost after 1998 cuz law was changed for seeds production in Netherland.

G13haze start its popularity around late 90's and early 2000's.
This citrusy piney G13haze at Barneys and today in Amsterdam is Nevilles Haze x G13airborne malethat is what i know about G13hazes.
Reading this, I know I have seen you posting before but the name was different.
Can you tell me the other names you've used here on IC?

Raho

Veteran
I remember the swamp thing plant from mns forums. If I remember correctly it was from seed he made from mns G13xhaze seed. Also I think MadMac has a pure haze he calls predator that if crossed to G13 may look simmaler

"Swamp Thing" was a G13 haze pheno found from a pack of Shanti's seeds by Chana Masala

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
"Swamp Thing" was a G13 haze pheno found from a pack of Shanti's seeds by Chana Masala

No it wasn`t .

It was a picture I found on the intewebs and posted .
It may come from IC mag I can`t remember .

It was labelled an F3 or F4 G13 Hz [ thinking they had an F1 and Bred it on 3-4 gens . More like F7 - F8 ].

It had a classic hybrid look .
Indica frame with Sativa looking flowers .

Chana did spread G13 Hz seeds far and wide though .Bless him . Jet Life mentioned him the other week .

Now the most telling test I saw was 10 years ago when Yo sammy grew out Mr Nice NL Hz and G13 Hz . G13 Hz took an extra month to finish and yielded less .

Status
Not open for further replies.