What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
If your starting with 20 or more true F1 seed from the Breeder and you find 1 or more special plants and run clones for some years in or out doors you have a good understanding of what your working with.

Look at Nevil Hammer he got how many Haze seed to germinate less than 10 and from them he selected HzA and HzC that went on to produce some of the worlds best haze hybrids that are still prized in peoples Gardens all over the world.

Numbers mean very little selecting quality and working with quality genetics to biggin with is the impotent part.
this is just flat out incorrect hempy ,

come on man you must be kidding right??

its all about numbers ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
bit broad on the sativa intersex issue hempy ,
they show all kinds man ,
ive seen every type of hermie possible from sativas ,
goodness knows ive grown enough to see that too ,
i think you havent to make the statement u do about those issues ..

it s not just dutch hybrids ...

I have grown plenty of pure sativas in my life time also Donald and continue to and i have never ever seen a pure female sativa after sexing show balls.

That is my experience and i have also grown out many different Thai lines along with Colombians and others to make that conclusion.

The first time i ever saw a female well into flower show balls was from dutch genetics and that surprised the hell out of me and why i say it has to come from indica blood lines.

Years ago i ran a Thai thread in icmag to prove just that at sexing i saw 3 sex's Male /Female /Hermaphrodite.I culled the Hermaphrodites grew out the fems and no issues were seen.That is what i have seen and Not all sativas have hermaphrodites.

TheDarkStorm

Depends what your working with donald....but I do agree the more you can look at the better...an the better overall understanding you'll have of wat your working with....but im still of the thought that if you have 10 seeds you should be able to find good plants...if the breeder has done ther work....wen you come to landraces especially wild it is best to have numbers tho..an in that case the more the better.

T

TakenByTheSky

I remember seeing some great photos from growers running Sam's SkxHz they looked like some great crosses.

NH i find can have a thick seed case and can take a bit longer to germ hopefully they fire up for you Taken.

Being only 5 years old and stored well they should be germinating at close to 100% think i would be pissed also.

They're just shit seed, first round I scraped the shells with a razor, second round I sanded lightly. God knows how old they were when I bought them. I regularly pull seeds from my collection over 10 years old and get perfect germination. I have a love hate with MNS seeds, the most germ failures I've ever had were from packs of SSH now it looks like the NH are duds too. Just ordered a fresh pack will see how that goes.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
They're just shit seed, first round I scraped the shells with a razor, second round I sanded lightly. God knows how old they were when I bought them. I regularly pull seeds from my collection over 10 years old and get perfect germination. I have a love hate with MNS seeds, the most germ failures I've ever had were from packs of SSH now it looks like the NH are duds too. Just ordered a fresh pack will see how that goes.

That is odd like you i get great germination rate from old seed i have stored 20 year old seed i get any were from 75% to 95% germination rates.

Sounds like you have the seed storage part down 100% so it can only be the seed with in the pack.

JetLife175

Veteran
Goes to show who has popped large populations to select through and who hasn’t. If you’ve really grown that much seed you would understand where some of us are coming from. Remove Neville out of this and most would be in agreement. This is what happens when you turn a living person into a deity.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

So Nevil germinating the Haze seed from Sam finding less than 10 to work from then finding HzA and HzC that went on to create some of the worlds best hybrids was a flook ? is that what your saying Donald ?.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Goes to show who has popped large populations to select through and who hasn’t. If you’ve really grown that much seed you would understand where some of us are coming from. Remove Neville out of this and most would be in agreement. This is what happens when you turn a living person into a deity.

What are you guys trying to say and if we are talking genetics why would any think Nevil was a deity ?.

A deity- or god is a supernatural being considered divine or sacred. The Oxford Dictionary of English defines deity as "a god or goddess (in a polytheistic religion)", or anything revered as divine.

TheDarkStorm

Have you still got some left....if you have, put them in the freezer for a good few weeks...ive found it sometimes helps......but if theyve been stored well you shouldnt really have issues....take some pictures of the seeds an the packet an the fridge(if you had them in the fridge) an send shanti a message...he's usually very good with stuff like that....if your lucky he may help you out.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club

Sea weed/Kelp + fulvic acid will pop those motherlovers open like pop corn.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
So Nevil germinating the Haze seed from Sam finding less than 10 to work from then finding HzA and HzC that went on to create some of the worlds best hybrids was a flook ? is that what your saying Donald ?.
hahaha ,

he was lucky ,, its maths hempy ,,

thats why its best u use numbers to find special types ,

you have even said it yourself ,
if it was like u said you would find your queeny easily again ,, but did you ??

nope cause its about numbers like i said,

btw i have over the last 20 years grown thousands of plants every year ,

im betting ive seen more than you are ever likely too as a result ,
and im speaking from experience ,
ive never seen much from you other than a few plants in a grow room that you parade around over and over and over ,

only the last few years ive had to cut back and currently im not growing any thing ...

TheDarkStorm

hahaha ,

ive never seen much from you other than a few plants in a grow room that you parade around over and over and over ,

only the last few years ive had to cut back and currently im not growing any thing ...

Donald just a question out of curiosity...ive seen a couple of things youve said you like...but wen you was able to..wat did you like to grow an do the most of..? Or was it allways just a mixture of things ?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
depended on the time of year darkie ,
we have 2 seasons here , the longer season is best for sativa or sativa dom varieties ,

i always grew lots of varieties and had a few staples ,
i figured it was best to never put all the eggs in one basket ,
and both myself and the folks i knew enjoy a variety of cannabis ...

we made most of the seed ourselves , either myself , or my friend mr moonunit ,
i grew a fair few of shanti s offerings also as i was able to buy in bulk through him ...

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
hahaha ,

Does that include vegetables or just canna? No shade, real question.

Wish I had a plot to grow fruits and veggies.

TheDarkStorm

depended on the time of year darkie ,
we have 2 seasons here , the longer season is best for sativa or sativa dom varieties ,

i always grew lots of varieties and had a few staples ,
i figured it was best to never put all the eggs in one basket ,
and both myself and the folks i knew enjoy a variety of cannabis ...

we made most of the seed ourselves , either myself , or my friend mr moonunit ,
i grew a fair few of shanti s offerings also as i was able to buy in bulk through him ...

Anything that really clicked with you...a favorite...I suppose wen your spoilt for choice its hard to pick one thing...but something thats sticks in your head an for you..you consider it one of your greats...?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I have grown plenty of pure sativas in my life time also Donald and continue to and i have never ever seen a pure female sativa after sexing show balls.

That is my experience and i have also grown out many different Thai lines along with Colombians and others to make that conclusion.

The first time i ever saw a female well into flower show balls was from dutch genetics and that surprised the hell out of me and why i say it has to come from indica blood lines.

Years ago i ran a Thai thread in icmag to prove just that at sexing i saw 3 sex's Male /Female /Hermaphrodite.I culled the Hermaphrodites grew out the fems and no issues were seen.That is what i have seen and Not all sativas have hermaphrodites.

Grow more plants of different varieties , see more variation .
Its not rocket surgery Hempy .

TheDarkStorm

Does that include vegetables or just canna? No shade, real question.

Wish I had a plot to grow fruits and veggies.

Especially with this virus stuff an the lockdown...its a good time to be able to grow food like that...im trying to grow a few different fruits myself...done a apple tree and a orange tree..an a lychee plant..gona do some other stuff aswell...I want to try an make some exotic hybrids of different fruit plants that hasnt been done before...but you'd be amazed at some of the hybrids all ready out ther...thers some really crazy stuff

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
That is odd like you i get great germination rate from old seed i have stored 20 year old seed i get any were from 75% to 95% germination rates.

Sounds like you have the seed storage part down 100% so it can only be the seed with in the pack.

Fcking bull shit Hempy .

You sent me 100s of seeds . I tried germinating every one . I got one of the hundreds to start and it only had cotyledons and no true leaves . Wasted a fcking lot of time and energy fcking about .

So don`t start talking like an expert in storage of seeds .

TheDarkStorm

I think wer beginning to go off topic....so lets roll out this one...has anyone found any hermies in any haze lines...I know back in the day most of the lines wer solid...sam even introduced some old seeds into the community an from wat ive seen they wer all solid too...anyone find any hermies in an haze types ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts