What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Some of that Nevil`s Haze / Mango F2 I got from Kief Sweet aka Scoop .
Was up there with the outstanding Haze hybrids I have experienced .

I smoked the C5 crossed to La Nina in the EU and it was an enhancement I thought . The Widow gives another dimension to the high .

Nevil`s Haze crossed to something with a happier vibe can be real good . Nevil`s Haze x Mango Widow or Nevil Haze / Mango for eg .

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will say I dont believe the C5 cut going around is the same C5 that Neville worked with in Amsterdam all the years he was working undercover until he left 2003-4.
I dont believe the south crew had this cut as he had already left south and worked in Amsterdam the rest of his years supplying Arjan buds/seeds and other co's.
My theory is that when he went to Amsterdam to work he started new seeds as I never see the old cuts arrive in Amsterdam untill much later.
Where was the AG13 , HpH etc while he was working in Amsterdam all those years ?
I mainly see C5 buds all over town from 2000 onwards and some Nevil Haze until the old cuts arrived more than a decade later.
Also the C5 I'm talking about was not the crazy potent 1, that has always been the famous Nevil Haze cut( again I've only ever seen that Nevil Haze cut once in the High life cup Haze pack in 20 years and was also confirmed by A5 the grower as being a legit cut when I found out who entered it and asked A5 if he knew them).
C5 for me has always been the yielder, put a cut Into flower in rockwool and will be huge colas of the most delicious more citrus Haze but still leaving the room smelling like strong Frankincense , it was never the Nevil potency that people seem to be mixing up these days ?

C5 I prefer in flavour but Nevil Haze in potency( although very nice taste to)

The famous SSH from Amsterdam( I've not seen since 2003) is very C5 dom
The last year I see it in Amsterdam at the high times cup( and I believe that was the last ever crop by Neville and of that cut) Arjan was giving out free seeds of SSH Regular seeds to judges and I believe they were the last ever SSH seeds Neville made for Greenhouse

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Ojd

Story I heard was Nevil left the clones with his neighbors in the Sth .
Then returned one day and collected them .

Time line ... Makes the NL / Hz and G13 , HP Haze crosses .87/ 88 ???
Wins the cup in 89 ?
90 Comes back to Oz , gets put in jail waiting extradition for a year. Returns to Netherlands .
91 Sells out to Dronkers bros .

TDS what you say ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your crew dont know nothing about his Amsterdam days as it seems they didnt talk after he left south

Neville is responsible for much more than that like the whole Sensi seeds years
When he sold them the company he stayed on as head breeder.

Then also did Greenhouse years etc etc
G`day Ojd

Wins the cup in 89 ?
90 Comes back to Oz , gets put in jail waiting extradition for a year. Returns to Netherlands .

TDS what you say ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lot of story's have been told
G`day Ojd

Wins the cup in 89 ?

TDS what you say ?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I will say I dont believe the C5 cut going around is the same C5 that Neville worked with in Amsterdam all the years he was working undercover until he left 2003-4.
I dont believe the south crew had this cut as he had already left south and worked in Amsterdam the rest of his years supplying Arjan buds/seeds and other co's.
My theory is that when he went to Amsterdam to work he started new seeds as I never see the old cuts arrive in Amsterdam untill much later.
Where was the AG13 , HpH etc while he was working in Amsterdam all those years ?
I mainly see C5 buds all over town from 2000 onwards and some Nevil Haze until the old cuts arrived more than a decade later.
Also the C5 I'm talking about was not the crazy potent 1, that has always been the famous Nevil Haze cut( again I've only ever seen that Nevil Haze cut once in the High life cup Haze pack in 20 years and was also confirmed by A5 the grower as being a legit cut when I found out who entered it and asked A5 if he knew them).
C5 for me has always been the yielder, put a cut Into flower in rockwool and will be huge colas of the most delicious more citrus Haze but still leaving the room smelling like strong Frankincense , it was never the Nevil potency that people seem to be mixing up these days ?

C5 I prefer in flavour but Nevil Haze in potency( although very nice taste to)

The famous SSH from Amsterdam( I've not seen since 2003) is very C5 dom
The last year I see it in Amsterdam at the high times cup( and I believe that was the last ever crop by Neville and of that cut) Arjan was giving out free seeds of SSH Regular seeds to judges and I believe they were the last ever SSH seeds Neville made for Greenhouse

Hiya ojd I never smoked the real A5 or the C5 but i did find a copy of the C5 in the Mango Haze test seed i was told that by Shanti who saw touched and smoked the plant i called OTHER.

That plant was very potent its high was like what you expect from a strong old Colombian.

I can only go by the seed i have grown and every single haze hybrid i have grown apart from the early Haze i found huge yields and very potent plants.Was it luck or was it the strain personally i have to say its the strains.

I am prity sure Dj9 was still there but i would need to ask him to be sure.

The one thing i am sure of is if people are claiming to have Nevil's selected clones and there not living up to the quality you would expect from a haze hybrid then there not the real deal.

KiefSweat

Veteran
I would not grow a haze or a haze hybrid or a sativa unless it was very good smoke the flower time needed alone is a big commitment.

Bag appeal in pure sativas wont be as good as a heavy indica but people wanting a good sativa high cant expect that to come from a pure sativa.

People don’t want a pure sativa. There’s zero commercial market for it. It’s simple remember shitty imported commercial weed and how it smelled. That’s generic sativa terps. The hemp we grow smells better.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hiya ojd I never smoked the real A5 or the C5 but i did find a copy of the C5 in the Mango Haze test seed i was told that by Shanti who saw touched and smoked the plant i called OTHER.

That plant was very potent its high was like what you expect from a strong old Colombian.

I can only go by the seed i have grown and every single haze hybrid i have grown apart from the early Haze i found huge yields and very potent plants.Was it luck or was it the strain personally i have to say its the strains.

I am prity sure Dj9 was still there but i would need to ask him to be sure.

The one thing i am sure of is if people are claiming to have Nevil's selected clones and there not living up to the quality you would expect from a haze hybrid then there not the real deal.
well if u can find a copy of c5 in mango haze ,

then maybe folks are sampling the real deal also hempy ,

some of us have real high tolerance , so even the strongest hash doesnt phase ,
i was always a pig with herb , so until i took a break the strongest pot around didnt really floor me at all ,
im sure im not the only one ,

as i said its subjective , we have different experiences , some things based on tolerances , experiences etc ...

eb toked nh i grew and some rumored to be a cut of nevils over seas ,

he said both were strong , but mine was scary strong ,

mainly because of the climate it was grown in i suspect ... nothing to do with me obviously ,, just good genetics reaching their optimum due to good climate .. im sure nevil would agree , he wanted me to grow thai stick here to relive the old days ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Haze and Nevil's Haze and haze hybrids gained a reputation because of potency of the smoke they produced not because of the yields or because of the marketing hype.Haze did not gain the label some of some of the finest herb in the world because its just an okay smoke.

KiefSweat

Veteran
Good weed is subjective. The grower also lets it go another week or two ;)

I did some testing a while back. Actually testing on paper. The highs change somewhat subjectively depending on harvest but on paper not much changes besides maybe plant weight. Selecting for a particular type of high just might be the harvest window your going for. Or maybe most Thais and Africans are just really strong fucking dope. If you want something uplifting and spacey you may want some Mexicans.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
People don’t want a pure sativa. There’s zero commercial market for it. It’s simple remember shitty imported commercial weed and how it smelled. That’s generic sativa terps. The hemp we grow smells better.

Their is a market for quality sativas and always will be but yes its a select market.

The market in the early Amsterdam days saw a huge interest in haze hybrids and i bet if it was offered today they see the same interest and demand for it..

KiefSweat

Veteran
if you grow sativas you know there’s no market for it. There’s no reason to grow more then one crop a year then 9 months later you still have some sitting around.

If you want to produce very little and charge more for it the 3 people who actually are out there looking for it will like it.

In other legal markets blue dream and Durban kill it for a reason. Shit Durban is what Dutch haze wishes it was anyway.

TheDarkStorm

Over rated ?

I tried C5 and was underwhelmed ! After reading bout it for years . Good smoke ,though not what I expected .
All that BS about people losing control of their bladder and or bowels ...

Some one with a vivid imagination was working in the marketing dept the day that was coined .

The yield of the C5 was what impressed me most . Fcking huge !!

So when I read Nevil say C5 was the ultimate plant I can`t help thinking it was a money maker . Strong enough and unique compared to all the Skunks and Indicas . But the big yields at premium prices were what made him love it .

EDIT ... Did I smoke C5 #1 or C5 #122 or another variation ???

EB....I dont know exactly wats going on....but some of the stuff is nothing like it was.....the colarado cough is still around an its horeded in pure form badly....thers people still to this day chasing the frankincense nl5haze....ssh how I remember it never had no frutish tones to it at all...none of them...the nh how I remember it was ridiculously strong...not just one pheno but ther wer afew like that.....so either the plant s are changing or something els has changed.
With the cut thats going around as c5 I dont know if its the 1 clone ive not tried it...c5 was originally the name given to the whole seedline..as far as I know the 1 was the frankincense incense mentholy cut.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The other 1 he tried was clearly not the real 1 then or taken so many weeks early that alot of people do , especially when they are selling it.

I agree herb doesnt do much but Original Nevil Haze was something else, not maybe some of the stories told to sell it strong but seriously potent like no other and that's 1 cut I'm going to try and get hold of 1 day to work with .
well if u can find a copy of c5 in mango haze ,

then maybe folks are sampling the real deal also hempy ,

some of us have real high tolerance , so even the strongest hash doesnt phase ,
i was always a pig with herb , so until i took a break the strongest pot around didnt really floor me at all ,
im sure im not the only one ,

as i said its subjective , we have different experiences , some things based on tolerances , experiences etc ...

eb toked nh i grew and some rumored to be a cut of nevils over seas ,

he said both were strong , but mine was scary strong ,

mainly because of the climate it was grown in i suspect ... nothing to do with me obviously ,, just good genetics reaching their optimum due to good climate .. im sure nevil would agree , he wanted me to grow thai stick here to relive the old days ...

TheDarkStorm

Good weed is subjective. The grower also lets it go another week or two ;)

I did some testing a while back. Actually testing on paper. The highs change somewhat subjectively depending on harvest but on paper not much changes besides maybe plant weight. Selecting for a particular type of high just might be the harvest window your going for. Or maybe most Thais and Africans are just really strong fucking dope. If you want something uplifting and spacey you may want some Mexicans.

This is also very true...aswell as curing methods an growing methods can completely change one samples strenghths compared to anothers

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It gained its reputation for being some of the most exotic taste/High Herb ever seen and as you said why would anyone go 4 even 6 weeks longer if it wasnt that special
Haze and Nevil's Haze and haze hybrids gained a reputation because of potency of the smoke they produced not because of the yields or because of the marketing hype.Haze did not gain the label some of some of the finest herb in the world because its just an okay smoke.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
The other 1 he tried was clearly not the real 1 then or taken so many weeks early that alot of people do , especially when they are selling it.

I agree herb doesnt do much but Original Nevil Haze was something else, not maybe some of the stories told to sell it strong but seriously potent like no other and that's 1 cut I'm going to try and get hold of 1 day to work with .

Like Donald said it`s complex .
Tolerance , then set and setting .

I left Barcelona where I had visited several cannabis clubs and met with growers . I was smoking hash and buds together .
So to come to the Netherlands and smoke very well grown C5 and not have my knees trembling didn`t surprise me .

The Nevil`s Haze I tried there started an anxiety attack that I was only just able to snap out of with some kind words from a friend
AG13 was my fave of what I tried . More cerebral than C5 and more bottom as well .

The Nevil`s Haze that Donald gave me was strong physically as well as mentally . Again set and setting were at play . On a highway a long way from home and driving with a stash of hash and buds in the car . After prolly over indulging . lol .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
We have gone from hyping C5 and to now saying it is mid grade so are all haze mid grade or just The work Nevil did ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.