What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You keep the Genetics fresh by constantly keeping up with cuttings on her... And running the progeny ...at least that is how I do it

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You keep the Genetics fresh by constantly keeping up with cuttings on her... And running the progeny ...at least that is how I do it

As long as the plants are healthy a cut from a 20 year old plant wont be any different than 1 from a 3 month old plant.

G

Attachments

• 46640DSC00821.JPG
    46640DSC00821.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 25

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mad respect it’s just amazing that you guys can keep a plant alive that fucking long

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Be interesting to see exactly how long a clone can actually hold out....especially wen your talking decades...iv seen clones go 20-30 years....but nothing lasts for ever so ther must be a tipping point....an in a case wer the same clones are being used time an time again how long we can go before things change....some of the stuff available today is definitely fading...as if getting weaker....especially compared to earlier days..eg.nevils c5 (1) is like 35 years old

Breeders have had to re locate a few times in the past few decades one minuet its legal or their working in Grey areas then its not legal.They loos parent lines and re work lines or loos lines completely and things change.

I lost Queeny and the Other because of a cucumber plant we got from the local nursery.The cucumber plant had mites now even tho the cucumber plant was well away from the other plants the fact now was mites were introduced into an environment that was mite free.

So the lesson for me was never introduce a plant to my yard or grow area even in the bush that had not sat in quarantine for at lest a few weeks but if i can get seed and start them my self that is the preferred option.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Breeders have had to re locate a few times in the past few decades one minuet its legal or their working in Grey areas then its not legal.They loos parent lines and re work lines or loos lines completely and things change.

I lost Queeny and the Other because of a cucumber plant we got from the local nursery.The cucumber plant had mites now even tho the cucumber plant was well away from the other plants the fact now was mites were introduced into an environment that was mite free.

So the lesson for me was never introduce a plant to my yard or grow area even in the bush that had not sat in quarantine for at lest a few weeks but if i can get seed and start them my self that is the preferred option.

Do you reckon that's what happened to Shanti? No doubt quality went down hill after the yellow pack.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Do you reckon that's what happened to Shanti? No doubt quality went down hill after the yellow pack.

People have posted and said they grew the current offerings and past and were happy with both.

I cant say what the current stock is like as i have not grown any of them.

When you look at say serous seeds were they once offered regular seed and now only offer feminized of set strains then i would question if a breeder still had the parent line.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
People have posted and said they grew the current offerings and past and were happy with both.

I cant say what the current stock is like as i have not grown any of them.

When you look at say serous seeds were they once offered regular seed and now only offer feminized of set strains then i would question if a breeder still had the parent line.

I disagree, Sensi Seeds is a great example of a company that still offers Regular seed packs from strains that have been diluted or even possibly replaced.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I disagree, Sensi Seeds is a great example of a company that still offers Regular seed packs from strains that have been diluted or even possibly replaced.

In the case of say Serous Seeds clearly by only offering fem seed of lines they once only offed in regular seeds that tells me something big has changed.

How do you get diluted genetics ?

First off your dealing with hybrids so you have a great versation of expression with in a F1 strain.

If i was say growing Nevil's Haze and grew it say 10 years ago and got a pack today from say MrNice as their the only ones to hold the plants to reproduce it.

The one thing i would be looking for is if the seed sold today had the same vigor as the seed i grew 10 years ago if they did not then i would say somethings changed.

Growing out 10 or 20 seed will allow you to find a great plant but there all not keepers never were that is the bad part to hybrids.

T

TakenByTheSky

One thing I've always wondered about is if the same parents are always used does each seed breeding lot represent the same array of phenotypes.

Like if I breed Male A vs Female B and it's in the perfect environment they throw a seed lot full of winners.

Then a year later I breed the same male vs Female and the environmental situation isnt ideal and the parents are stressed can the seed lot represent much more of the negative traits each parent carries and this is why people will often complain that seed isn't the same, parents must have changed bla blah blah and in reality the parents are the same it's just grow to grow things aren't the same.

I mean also as we sit here in the haze thread with a focus on dutch haze particularly developed by Nevil we neglect to acknowledge almost every one of these strains is a text book unstable poly hybrid.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
In the case of say Serous Seeds clearly by only offering fem seed of lines they once only offed in regular seeds that tells me something big has changed.

How do you get diluted genetics ?

First off your dealing with hybrids so you have a great versation of expression with in a F1 strain.

If i was say growing Nevil's Haze and grew it say 10 years ago and got a pack today from say MrNice as their the only ones to hold the plants to reproduce it.

The one thing i would be looking for is if the seed sold today had the same vigor as the seed i grew 10 years ago if they did not then i would say somethings changed.

Growing out 10 or 20 seed will allow you to find a great plant but there all not keepers never were that is the bad part to hybrids.

Diluted/watered down.

Thats what I would like to know

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
One thing I've always wondered about is if the same parents are always used does each seed breeding lot represent the same array of phenotypes.

Like if I breed Male A vs Female B and it's in the perfect environment they throw a seed lot full of winners.

Then a year later I breed the same male vs Female and the environmental situation isnt ideal and the parents are stressed can the seed lot represent much more of the negative traits each parent carries and this is why people will often complain that seed isn't the same, parents must have changed bla blah blah and in reality the parents are the same it's just grow to grow things aren't the same.

I mean also as we sit here in the haze thread with a focus on dutch haze particularly developed by Nevil we neglect to acknowledge almost every one of these strains is a text book unstable poly hybrid.

Fantastic questions. That's what I was going for but couldn't find a way to put it down on a post.

vanilla dutch

i bet i can take a wild guess as too what sam the skunkman has had over 30 years. my guess would be the new seeds arent done yet and this could take awhile. because i remember him stating new seeds were being made and after my first pack of original haze x skunk came up with purple haze phenos i willing to bet sam knows what hes talking about because ive had haze brothers purple haze from new york and its exactly what i got out of sam the skunkmans seeds.pics in album

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Diluted/watered down.

Im not even going to waste my.

No point getting angry mate its a fact when you grow out Haze hybrids the chances of finding a identical sibling is i would say near impossible.

Diluted could mean less potent or in say a Haze hybrid the line showing more indica to Haze.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
No point getting angry mate its a fact when you grow out Haze hybrids the chances of finding a identical sibling is i would say near impossible.

Diluted could mean less potent or in say a Haze hybrid the line showing more indica to Haze.

I updated my post, I didn't want to come off as mad (which I'm not).

Diluted/watered down per potency, which I believe it's the chances of finding something worth keeping. I might be wrong but it's similar to what you were saying about inbreeding Haze.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

This thread is about Haze no matter were it came from Sam or Nevil or the guy around the corner.

I started this thread because bigherb told me not to post in his thread unless it was a question directed at Sam clearly i was the only one told this so i started my own thread were i could or others could discuss chat freely about set topic.

A great addition to the thread has been Sam's involvement and participation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts