What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
I've made sour dubb s1,s2. Lots of people grew those. No issues seen with those. I do have SDS3 project coming up. Trying to get a sdubb IBL line. I never had any plans to go beyond s4.

Looking forward to seeing those. I heard it might be coming to the Florida Medical scene, I'll be checking out your posts, I appreciate that.

TheDarkStorm

Wat he actually said was one of his strains was being sold renamed as diesel....the diesel usa clone didnt get over in Holland an get popular till he'd left....but we know that at least one of his strains was being called diesel...I know of one my self ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
[B said:
-SamS[/b];8837877]

By S4 the plants are seriously screwed up and many are functionally sterile, also poor yields, no pest and disease resistance. We made many S3 or S4 seeds for selecting parents for our single Cannabinoid breeding work but we did have the ability to restore the Vigor and delete or mask the recessive negative traits with a method used for other crops. Any single Cannabinoid say for THCV, we used 4 landrace unrelated lines, in the case of THCV, Afghan, Thai, S African Durban, and Calif Orange that all had about 1% THCV. After selfing each line separately and selecting the progeney plants with the highest THCV values which by S3 or S4 yielded plants that were 5%-7% THCV but all inbred and all but useless except for the target Cannabinoid, we combined the best of each of the 4 lines and restored the full F1 vigor found in F1 hybrids. A bit of work but it did work very well. As long as the 4 combined lines are unrelated. We ended up with a great THCV mother clone with closer to 15% THCV with little other Cannabinoids, and high yielding with great pest and disease resistance, and vigor.
All Cannabis is Heterozygous and will deteriorate as a Homozygous plant with lots of problems expressed. By selfing S4 or more you get closer to Homozygous and all the recessive problems are expressed.
-SamS

Why is it being used in the community if the plants it is producing are less able to deal with pests and environmental changes on top of the resulting low yields.

So the recessive negative traits could still be hidden and present in the genetics.

I can see the value of using it in a lab but i cant see the value of it being used in the cannabis community were we have a greatly reduced strain pool to even 20 years ago.

I only grew S1s made from reversing a female clone to a male once the yield and over all quality was the worse i ever saw i binned them.

Thanks Sam great info good to see some honesty on this subject.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I think that is a controversial. Ive made several crosses with SD. Some of my best. I think it came out of a bag of BOGs buds, and I don't think he is even sure

i remember bog ,,grew out there lifesaver bogbubble and one other when first released i remember pretty, tasty buds with a mellow effect ,,always intruiging when the breeder cant remember :tiphat:

harvestreaper

Veteran
Wat he actually said was one of his strains was being sold renamed as diesel....the diesel usa clone didnt get over in Holland an get popular till he'd left....but we know that at least one of his strains was being called diesel...I know of one my self ...

interesting ive had a few deisiels an crosses no sour dubbs dont think ive tried the original deisal clones and i im not up on the rumours but always found very deisaly g13 haze phenos have one now ,,, its like a sweet diesal tho

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Why is it being used in the community if the plants it is producing are less able to deal with pests and environmental changes on top of the resulting low yields.

So the recessive negative traits could still be hidden and present in the genetics.

I can see the value of using it in a lab but i cant see the value of it being used in the cannabis community were we have a greatly reduced strain pool to even 20 years ago.

I only grew S1s made from reversing a female clone to a male once the yield and over all quality was the worse i ever saw i binned them.

Thanks Sam great info good to see some honesty on this subject.

When you self a polyhybrid you would need to grow a large number to see all the variations contained within .

Growing a cpl of femmed polyhybrids and condemning the whole concept does not show you all the possibilities.

Now is it not a fact you sent femmed Mango Haze you made and grew to Nevil and he smoked it and reported @ the Mr Nice Forum it was good as the best Nevil`s Haze , and then went on to recommend Mango Haze to all and sundry ? Including Dr Purpur and myself ?

But you thought it was the worst you had seen and binned it ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL

Grew them once then scrapped them
LOL
Not even a 2nd run or passed them on
LOL

1 thing that is very strange with you Neville haters is that you recon all his new work was all garbage LOL

I dont believe you guys even had any legit stuff from Neville from his later years as you all talk absolute bullshit about them.

I've run or smoked all of Neville's famous clones and the Mullumbimby madness x Nevil Haze 21 and the Swiss thai/Nevil Haze are up there with
his other famous cuts and give it some time and everyone else will to.
My buddy who sent them to me grew them indoors .
He got them from another guy who was also a friend of Nevil`s , also now deceased.

Buddy grew them 1 time then scrapped them .

TheDarkStorm

From 12 years ago .

THE BLACK HAZE AKA DA BLACKS
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=100391

Which black haze is this one EB....ther was one hhf did with ot1hz put to columbian black....or thers the other one that goes around from the usa which looks like some sort of nl5hz hybrid...the guys that originally comes from are known to have used afew different nl5hzC types...from the link youve put up sounds like the second one...although ive not read through the whole thread...but it looks alot like a nl5hz leaning fruit of the gods which is nl5hzC x sk#1...or a s1 of the old bulkier phenos of the old silverpearl x haze.

TheDarkStorm

LOL

LOL
LOL

1 thing that is very strange with you Neville haters is that you recon all his new work was all garbage LOL

I dont believe you guys even had any legit stuff from Neville from his later years as you all talk absolute bullshit about them.

I've run or smoked all of Neville's famous clones and the Mullumbimby madness x Nevil Haze 21 and the Swiss thai/Nevil Haze are up there with

I dont think that 21 is for evryone OJD...its more connoisseur type weed....from the pheno I know that was being used back over this side back in the day that phenotype is very very clear...thers no body to it..its all in the head an mind...its got overpowering very strong vapours an taste that come off it tho...needs to be grown properly to get the best out of it...but I recon its probably best used as a breeding plant to create sativa types....the other pheno that was being used in holland the gold budded pheno was probably beter as a smoking pheno wen pure....that was devastatingly strong..kind of mind crushing wobble your legs weed..wen smoked would go straight to the brain...confusing..the taste an bite off that was equally as strong as the red one ...but in a different way was more darker..you couldn't even put to much in a joint cuz the vapours would be to strong..more body hitt to it aswell. As a smoking plant I personally preferred the gold one...but thats not to say the red one wasnt just as good...it was just different..more clear...but your right the work nevil did in his later life is just as good as his earlier work...if not beter...the focus was more on creating sativa type breeding lines rather than those in the past wer he was limiting himself to create faster, bigger yielding plants that would perform beter indoors ...those limiting factors wer removed...but then once again we come back to personal preferences....i know someone who found something he cosiders very special in mml x nh...since he found it..the guy hardly comes out his house...wont even smoke nothing else now....I know someone who also found some beautiful plants out of the outback haze an mm x oaxaca nl5hz...huge spears of very potent weed..and the f1 mm x 78 is supposed to be next level...thats one of the ones iv not tried yet...hopefully you have that one tho.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Which black haze is this one EB....ther was one hhf did with ot1hz put to columbian black....or thers the other one that goes around from the usa which looks like some sort of nl5hz hybrid...the guys that originally comes from are known to have used afew different nl5hzC types...from the link youve put up sounds like the second one...although ive not read through the whole thread...but it looks alot like a nl5hz leaning fruit of the gods which is nl5hzC x sk#1

That is the cut that the Cubans in South Florida have had for years and years. It's out a bit as it's been used as let's say a reward for moving lots of product. Back in the day, of course. It is fantastic, I've been trying to get a clone for years.

Takes forever to flower but is easy as hell to grow, apparently.

The genetics are much disputed and unlikely to be resolved, I think. Fantastic smoke and very much unlike the majority of the strains around today.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
LOL

LOL
LOL

I think a lot of this started when Nevil logged on line and hurt a lot of peoples feeling when he did not turn out to be the marketing tool many had hoped he be.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have never made seed using (STS) Silver Thiosulfate Solution i did make one s1 seed from queeny when i saw a single male flower pod in a over ripe Queeny Clone in flower with a different Queeny clone just in flower.

The result was what Nevil smoked and it at best had half the potency of queeny i told Nevil this i also posted this at Mr nice.

The True S1 i tried that were gifted to me and were a complete waste of time.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
That is the cut that the Cubans in South Florida have had for years and years. It's out a bit as it's been used as let's say a reward for moving lots of product. Back in the day, of course. It is fantastic, I've been trying to get a clone for years.

Takes forever to flower but is easy as hell to grow, apparently.

The genetics are much disputed and unlikely to be resolved, I think. Fantastic smoke and very much unlike the majority of the strains around today.

Band Aid Haze is Cuban Black x A5 / Thai ?

I have Band Aid x A5 fems . They will get done this winter down under .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
LOL

LOL
LOL

You might make good seeds , but your reading comprehension is not the best .

The guy ran them once .They didn`t grow well . Then he had to shift house so binned them . He did pass them on to me .

Dude didn`t like the yield and prefers Indica . He offered them to other folks who said no thanks . I received them . They died .

No hating no talking BS .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts