What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1661120057398.jpeg

1661120107162.jpeg

1661120156578.jpeg

1661120195500.jpeg

1661120263740.jpeg

Hempy McNoodle

Nice deflect there Alinsky!

The Rules[edit]​

1. "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
  2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
  3. "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
  4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
  5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."
  6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
  7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
  8. "Keep the pressure on."
  9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. "
  10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
  11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative."
  12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
  13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. "
What's that from?

Hempy McNoodle

LOL! lots of times there IS nothing to vote "for" but there is ALWAYS someone to vote against. like now... everyone gets to decide for themselves. this is democracy...
But, what if the media conspires with the DOJ and FBI to make the worse guy look like the better guy and the better guy look like the worse guy?

Absolem

"But"....................................................
"What if"...........................................
Such weak opening statements.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Either way, my point is one can't assume a big game hunter is an asshole unless you know specifically where he was hunting. I mean c'mon, you know how propaganda works.
i think folks take it for granted that The Chumps kids are assholes because their daddy is an asshole, and every time they open their mouths they reinforce that image in peoples minds. where they hunt is irrelevant, unless hunting there is illegal. i would posit that hunting certain species is immoral regardless of legality, but i'm a bit of a prick like that. nobody has any rational excuse for hunting rhino. polar bears have enough problems with the polar ice pack staying melted for longer as time passes. there have already been instances of them coming inshore so far that they have interbred with brown bear/grizzlies while searching for food. lions are a problem. in some places, they are numerous & hunting a few brings big bucks into the area. elephant ditto. none of that huge pile of meat goes to waste. (natives, i am told, do NOT eat carnivores) certain methods of hunting in Africa would cause heads to explode here. leopards are thick as fleas in much of sub-Sahara Africa, but hunting them during daylight hours is a daytime "snipe hunt". they are nearly exclusively hunted at night over bait, although historically balls of brass folks used dogs & went into the brush after them, that being an excellent way to get some interesting scars as conversation pieces at parties... i'm not sure why anyone in the US would hunt either lions or leopards (elephants either) as the last i read, you could not bring back their skins or the ivory due to CITES laws... you want danger? go after Cape Buffalo in thick cover. they are numerous, tasty, and will cheerfully kill you given the opportunity. or go after crocs with a frog gig...:headbange

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Read the story of Tamara Lich. A Metis woman being politically persecuted by the Liberal govt of Canada, led by a PM who talks big when it comes to reconciliation with the First Nations and likes to yammer on about how much of feminist he is. Tamara Lich's horrible crime was leading a very NON-violent protest against Trudeau's non-science based mandates.
have never heard of her, but will read up. any others?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think folks take it for granted that The Chumps kids are assholes because their daddy is an asshole, and every time they open their mouths they reinforce that image in peoples minds. where they hunt is irrelevant, unless hunting there is illegal. i would posit that hunting certain species is immoral regardless of legality, but i'm a bit of a prick like that. nobody has any rational excuse for hunting rhino. polar bears have enough problems with the polar ice pack staying melted for longer as time passes. there have already been instances of them coming inshore so far that they have interbred with brown bear/grizzlies while searching for food. lions are a problem. in some places, they are numerous & hunting a few brings big bucks into the area. elephant ditto. none of that huge pile of meat goes to waste. (natives, i am told, do NOT eat carnivores) certain methods of hunting in Africa would cause heads to explode here. leopards are thick as fleas in much of sub-Sahara Africa, but hunting them during daylight hours is a daytime "snipe hunt". they are nearly exclusively hunted at night over bait, although historically balls of brass folks used dogs & went into the brush after them, that being an excellent way to get some interesting scars as conversation pieces at parties... i'm not sure why anyone in the US would hunt either lions or leopards (elephants either) as the last i read, you could not bring back their skins or the ivory due to CITES laws... you want danger? go after Cape Buffalo in thick cover. they are numerous, tasty, and will cheerfully kill you given the opportunity. or go after crocs with a frog gig...:headbange
Maybe it's all about the motivation to hunt. We hunted to stock the freezer and trade for fish. I doubt that for the Trump boys nor the fat fuck with the dead lion above.

Blue Rhino

have never heard of her, but will read up. any others?
There are others but Tamara was specifically targeted for being the protest leader. It goes a bit deeper too. Any Canadian who financially supported those peaceful protestors had their bank accounts frozen.
The problem is, we have a radical, extremist PM who thinks anyone who disagrees with or opposes him is a misogynistic White supremacist, including Metis women.

Blue Rhino

polar bears have enough problems with the polar ice pack staying melted for longer as time passes. there have already been instances of them coming inshore so far that they have interbred with brown bear/grizzlies while searching for food.
That's actually not a big deal. Polar bears evolved from Brown bears/Grizzlies about 4 million years ago. In fact, IIRC Polar bears and Brown/Grizzly bears are the only species of bears that can interbreed and produce viable offspring in the wild.