What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've lived out in corn country for the last 45 years. It has gotten so much better that what it use to be like. Anyone who says the planet is sick wasn't around in the 60s because it's better now than anytime in my life.

I was around in the 60's. The planet is very sick. What planet are you on?

Three Berries

trump saying with his own mouth hole that he's fully vaccinated and gotten his booster, is somehow me getting ahead of myself?

That one clearly hurt you to have to hear.

lol.

What would the media say about Trump if he told people to not take the vax? It would be nonstop "he's a murderer"!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
So was I. Not here in corn country. The skies are blue, the air is clean and the wildlife is back. It gets better every year.

Well the rest of the planet is fucked due to global warming, pollution, and over population, but I'm glad to hear corn country is ok. :tumbleweed:

The spin is spun.

audiohi

Veteran
What would the media say about Trump if he told people to not take the vax? It would be nonstop "he's a murderer"!

What would you say about trump while he takes credit for the vaccine and fully endorses its use on his own body? Would it be nonstop "he's a murder" ?

Absolem

Well the rest of the planet is fucked due to global warming, pollution, and over population, but I'm glad to hear corn country is ok. :tumbleweed:

The spin is spun.

One of my first jobs was bagging groceries. Big concern back then was the amount of paper bags being used for groceries. There was a big push back then to use plastic bags to save on the trees and the plastic bags were sold as recyclable. That has to be one of the biggest cons I fell for. The amount of plastic in our oceans is disgrace a to humankind. In many areas regarding pollution put out by factories has been severally decreased but it's been offset by the amount of plastics we throw away.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
One of my first jobs was bagging groceries. Big concern back then was the amount of paper bags being used for groceries. There was a big push back then to use plastic bags to save on the trees and the plastic bags were sold as recyclable. That has to be one of the biggest cons I fell for. The amount of plastic in our oceans is disgrace to humankind. In many areas regarding pollution put out by factories has been severally decreased it's been offset by the amount of plastics we throw away.
In the last couple of years they have banned plastic single use shopping bags where I live. We have to take bags along to do grocery shopping, although fruit and veg still comes in plastic. I'd love to see the end of plastic but it's literally everywhere.
I remember when I first heard of water being sold in plastic bottles. I thought no way will that catch on. Now literally everywhere you go plastic water bottles. In Asia in particular as a traveler you are advised to drink only from bottled water.

The Giant Pacific Garbage Patch is a big eye opener. The good or bad news (whichever way you want to look at it), is that some microbes are evolving to eat plastic.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ic-study-finds
https://theoceancleanup.com/great-pa...garbage-patch/

Hempy McNoodle

trump saying with his own mouth hole that he's fully vaccinated and gotten his booster, is somehow me getting ahead of myself?

That one clearly hurt you to have to hear.

lol.

There is a certain 'chess move' that I believe is coming that will make a lot of sense. But, I don't want to say because I think it is a sensitive (national security) matter. I would hate to be a big blabber mouth and have the Deep State figure out his strategy and avoid a trap that has been carefully set. But, I will say that there was a clue in my statement.

Hempy McNoodle

One of my first jobs was bagging groceries. Big concern back then was the amount of paper bags being used for groceries. There was a big push back then to use plastic bags to save on the trees and the plastic bags were sold as recyclable. That has to be one of the biggest cons I fell for. The amount of plastic in our oceans is disgrace to humankind. In many areas regarding pollution put out by factories has been severally decreased it's been offset by the amount of plastics we throw away.

And now, masks are becoming a huge pollution problem.

Hempy McNoodle

masks-litter-ppe-04.jpg
122609666_10157202462391595_6584765529583109285_n-206x300.jpg
040721_apr_ppe-pollution_feat_rev.jpg
gloves-facemask-pollution-underwater-2000x1125-1.jpeg
download (5).jpg
pF0CBlUhHr8nDV1ha7GjY7DUanmuEBh5HTa2onv6SAY.jpg
7848.jpg

Three Berries

The spin is spun.

LOL Political science driven by computer models. Crap in crap out..

EDIT: Why I can remember before the internet reading in popular Science magazine about the coming ice age I think it was. It's probably closer to the truth than todays current Davos Drivel.

Last edited:

Three Berries

And now we grow trees in the SE US and make wood pellets out of them to ship to the EU and use a 'renewable bio' fuel to generate electricity. How stupid is that?

Hempy McNoodle

Tell that to Three Berries. I was replying to his statement.
But thanks for replying on his behalf.

People shouldn't throw away masks, but they'd be a drop in the ocean compared to what was already there.

Well, technically Three Berries didn't say the planet was sick. They referred to people who think it was sick. But, not trying to give you too hard of a time Chi. I enjoy your thoughts.

As for masks being a drop in the ocean; well, yes. But in the short amount of time that masking has been a thing (world-wide) it sure is a BIG drop in the oceans (and elsewhere).

Three Berries

People being hogs is not a Climate Change/Planet Sick issue. That's a land stewardship issue. I pick up the trash along the road that people throw out in front of my little place..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It all starts at home - trying to teach our kids to pick up after themselves - so avoiding mess - disorder - and potential life threatening situations - (loose shoes and Lego on the floor - lol)