What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr D

Do you feel your party represents freedom of choice? If so, please explain.

The two party system has only resulted in less freedom. Most recently things like the Patriot Act and NDAA were bipartisan supported continuance of the stripping away of our liberty.

You are shit out of luck if you are looking to either party for liberty.

Do you believe the workers of Amazon should be able to control the wealth created with their labor?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seems like many here could use this...:biggrin:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Absolem

The state dept has 75000 employees. Finding one white supremacist in the state dept during the Obama administration and trying to link white supremacy to Obama has to be one the dumbest things I've read on here. Linking an African american to white supremacy one must have a Mcnoodle for a brain.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same here. Freedom of choice is liberty.

Too bad the covert operator in chief presents himself as opposed to freedom of choice for at least one of those things.

While I have you on the line, have you noticed Trump barking about removing the barrier which prevents religious institutions from expressing political views, etc.?

I wonder how many realize that this is related to law regarding all charitable institutions qualified to receive donations and write tax deductible receipts. I know this because I've created and run a couple. Every annual report asks if the organization engaged in any political activities. If churches gave up their phony charitable status they could chortle on about politics day and night.

This aspect is a complete red herring on Trump's part to acquire support from the evangelical crowd. Just another part of his fake persona.

M

Mr D

Glad to hear it. Those things certainly send your typical contemporary Republican into the high blood pressure zone.

That hasn't been my experience. The conservatives I get a chance to talk to from my children and grandchildren's generations are young folks who have chosen to reject progressive liberal policies... More than adopting the typical Republican platforms.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That hasn't been my experience. The conservatives I get a chance to talk to from my children and grandchildren's generations are young folks who have chosen to reject progressive liberal policies... More than adopting the typical Republican platforms.

They should rub some off on the occupants of the hill, who I was talking about.

Hempy McNoodle

Do you feel your party represents freedom of choice? If so, please explain.

I don't have a party, but will be voting republican for the first time. I believe that many people find subtle changes hard to identify and are thus, living in the past when repubs were the party of conservative christian facism. And the demos were an opposition party (in retoric only). The reality was that they were both extreme right wing parties. I think both parties have undergone dramatic changes over the last decade and that the repubs are embracing diversity and liberty and anti-war sentiment. While the dems are going full on 'California Uber Alles.' What we all need to remember is that the MAJORITY of people in both parties are good, moral, decent people who fall somewhere between all the issues. There are still many facist conservatives, but they are dwindling and becoming a political minority. While the number of facists on the left is growing. But, I think this will soon change. It is also interesting that, despite the mainstream narative, Trump is responsible to a large degree of these shifts away from extremism on the right and the left is becoming more extreme due to their (erroneous) perceptions of Trump. I will say that those who push forced vaccination are not the party of peace or prosperity.

I think that if more people, especially dems, had a better understanding of the 'southern strategy,' they would have a much more informed point of view.

I once asked myself, "how did republicans go from the party that ended slavery to the party of racism?"
I got my answer when I began reading about the southern strategy.

Hempy McNoodle

The state dept has 75000 employees. Finding one white supremacist in the state dept during the Obama administration and trying to link white supremacy to Obama has to be one the dumbest things I've read on here. Linking an African american to white supremacy one must have a Mcnoodle for a brain.

It's good to know history. What was Hitler's strategy to take control of Africa? Did he recruit black leaders to do it? Yes. Did the Romans have the same strategy? Yes. How do white empires control Black territories and peoples? Do they present them with charlatan leaders who look like the target population to be conquered? Is America a racist country? If so, why did they vote for a black prez?

Are some people, regardless of their skin color, sociopaths? What did Barrack Obama do to show his love for black america?

Hempy McNoodle

Too bad the covert operator in chief presents himself as opposed to freedom of choice for at least one of those things.

While I have you on the line, have you noticed Trump barking about removing the barrier which prevents religious institutions from expressing political views, etc.?

I wonder how many realize that this is related to law regarding all charitable institutions qualified to receive donations and write tax deductible receipts. I know this because I've created and run a couple. Every annual report asks if the organization engaged in any political activities. If churches gave up their phony charitable status they could chortle on about politics day and night.

This aspect is a complete red herring on Trump's part to acquire support from the evangelical crowd. Just another part of his fake persona.

I don't love everything he does, but as long as it's constitutional, I wont complain.
I am aware of the fact that he has to win an election as a republican. He has a narrow line on which to walk as the republican party continues to diversify. Think of what is at stake if he loses 2020. Good bye constitution.

Absolem

It's good to know history. What was Hitler's strategy to take control of Africa? Did he recruit black leaders to do it? Yes. Did the Romans have the same strategy? Yes. How do white empires control Black territories and peoples? Do they present them with charlatan leaders who look like the target population to be conquered? Is America a racist country? If so, why did they vote for a black prez?

Are some people, regardless of their skin color, sociopaths? What did Barrack Obama do to show his love for black america?

1 out of 75000 employees isn't much of a strategy. Keep drooling

Status
Not open for further replies.