What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
No shit Sherlock. The courts don’t make laws.
That isn’t the claim you’re ducking.

No I am not I took out the valid part because that is not what I meant. I must have done that when you were typing.

My argument is against courts making laws. I am not ducking anything.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The Supreme court sets precedents, which is what other courts look to when deciding how to try cases.

While technically not writing laws. What they do has the same effect in many cases.

h.h.

Veteran
No I am not I took out the valid part because that is not what I meant. I must have done that when you were typing.

My argument is against courts making laws. I am not ducking anything.

They don’t make laws.
We all know that.
Argument settled.

h.h.

Veteran
The Supreme court sets precedents, which is what other courts look to when deciding how to try cases.

While technically not writing laws. What they do has the same effect in many cases.

They interpret what is written. They don’t do any of the writing.

Absolem

The great thing about our constitution is it is a living document that can be amended or repealed.

The Thirteenth Amendment is a great example.

White Beard

When the dems can't force their agenda on the people they sue in court with activist judges who don't follow the law. Happens all the time. It is just fucking gross how the dems force so much bull shit down peoples throats in the courts because they can't get it passed in congress.

Stick a cork in it, delusion boy: standing on a pile of shit doesn’t make you tall. Your regime is busy pumping the courts 24/7, HOPING one of those “law abiding judges” will stuff the law and rule in his favor.

The feudalists are / have been cock-blocking Dem appointments for decades and hyper-stuffing the judiciary TO GET AROUND LAWS THEY DON’T LIKE, but sure, I guess with the right Y up your X you’ll believe anything. At least going by your example...

Just keep it in your effing *pants*, OK?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Stick a cork in it, delusion boy: standing on a pile of shit doesn’t make you tall. Your regime is busy pumping the courts 24/7, HOPING one of those “law abiding judges” will stuff the law and rule in his favor.

The feudalists are / have been cock-blocking Dem appointments for decades and hyper-stuffing the judiciary TO GET AROUND LAWS THEY DON’T LIKE, but sure, I guess with the right Y up your X you’ll believe anything. At least going by your example...

Just keep it in your effing *pants*, OK?

Haha I don't want either side using the court to get their agenda passed. I want the courts to enforce the law.

And once again you show just how dumb you really are.

Absolem

Haha I don't want either side using the court to get their agenda passed. I want the courts to enforce the law.

And once again you show just how dumb you really are.

You should understand how the courts work first before thinking what they should do.

It's not surprising you never post links to back up the bullshit you post

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/constitutional.aspx

"The complex role of the Supreme Court in this system derives from its authority to invalidate legislation or executive actions which, in the Court’s considered judgment, conflict with the Constitution. This power of "judicial review" has given the Court a crucial responsibility in assuring individual rights, as well as in maintaining a "living Constitution" whose broad provisions are continually applied to complicated new situations.

While the function of judicial review is not explicitly provided in the Constitution, it had been anticipated before the adoption of that document. Prior to 1789, state courts had already overturned legislative acts which conflicted with state constitutions. Moreover, many of the Founding Fathers expected the Supreme Court to assume this role in regard to the Constitution; Alexander Hamilton and James Madison, for example, had underlined the importance of judicial review in the Federalist Papers, which urged adoption of the Constitution."

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You should understand how the courts work first before thinking what they should do.

It's not surprising you never post links to back up the bullshit you post

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/constitutional.aspx

"The complex role of the Supreme Court in this system derives from its authority to invalidate legislation or executive actions which, in the Court’s considered judgment, conflict with the Constitution. This power of "judicial review" has given the Court a crucial responsibility in assuring individual rights, as well as in maintaining a "living Constitution" whose broad provisions are continually applied to complicated new situations.

While the function of judicial review is not explicitly provided in the Constitution, it had been anticipated before the adoption of that document. Prior to 1789, state courts had already overturned legislative acts which conflicted with state constitutions. Moreover, many of the Founding Fathers expected the Supreme Court to assume this role in regard to the Constitution; Alexander Hamilton and James Madison, for example, had underlined the importance of judicial review in the Federalist Papers, which urged adoption of the Constitution."

I did post a back up you are just to slow to find it. And what you put in dark is exactly what I have been posting. You are just not smart enough to understand what was said to you.

Absolem

I did post a back up you are just to slow to find it. And what you put in dark is exactly what I have been posting. You are just not smart enough to understand what was said to you.

You have posted no links to back up your claim for SCOTUS. Wiki doesn't count.

I'm guessing your education came from the golden EIB microphone.

White Beard

and abortion is constitutionally legal. hence my comment on the GOP wanting to stack the courts because they can't overturn abortion (or really anything else they want to overturn) any other way because they have no support to do so.

you sure love putting words into my mouth.

does a constitutionally limited representative government have anything to say about assassinating foreign generals illegally, in a country which we also invaded illegally?

i didn't bother to look this up but i can almost guarantee there is no country that practices 100% direct democracy lol.
We’re down to the delusional boilerplate now:

WE are America: YOU are fleas. EVERYTHING *WE* do is RIGHT, whether it’s legal or not because WE are America. EVERYTHING *YOU* do is WRONG, no matter that it’s LEGAL, because YOU are fleas, not even AMERICAN fleas but *FOREIGN* fleas - and WE *are* America.

WE do not listen to FLEAS. Not even AMERICAN FLEAS.

WE HUNT THEM. Because WE *ARE* America.

It’s only fair if WE win...and to hell with the rest

It’s why they never question, never wonder, never check up on *their* ‘side’, no matter how they micro-define it. They’re ”right”: right in ways that - for them - transcend all the principles they claim to stand for, all the laws, all the courts...

As for Pack, he seems to be all about sticking things in others’ mouths. I wonder at some of the things he sticks in his own...judging by what comes out thru his fingers

How is filling the courts with the most extreme conservative right wing judges and different? Except the majority of the population actually voted against someone with those values?
it is the very dreaded ”judicial activism” that they cannot abide in any democrat, but which they cannot get enough of from their fellow real-american Trumpists.

Because they follow the law they don't make the law like the dems judges.
I know you don’t mind lying, but why do you tell stupid, obvious lies? Is it just hard to care about keeping up the screech anymore?

Maybe you should find yourself a sleepy little hollow and have a nap

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Like I said intellectual midgets here.

I thought you were quite a bit brighter when I saw your grows. You are by all means better at wiring led lights than me. But your political posts and opinions tend to overshadow that in negative way.

Most of us. As in more than half of all voters. Actually do not agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts