What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Beard

He’s an old man. They get set in their ways.

It’s the new voters that will count.

Don’t trust anybody over 30 until they’re at least 60, then don’t trust most of them.

Nah, he’s a *young* man - unthinking and indestructible. His political self isn’t old enough to walk yet...and after not trusting myself for 40 years, I find I’m the only one I *can* trust....

M

Mr D

I should have added that a crime need not have happened to be removed. As for impeachment that's a done deal.

Trump's impeachment is done but that doesn't mean it's not unconstitutional. Abuse of power was debated by the founders and rejected and the executive is not in contempt of congress until the judicial settles the dispute in the legislatives favor and the executive still refuses to comply.

That won't matter but the bipartisan vote against will remain as part of the record. Funny to hear WB talk about the Senate being in the bag for Trump after the partisan impeachment vote. Of course when you can see a weak case bound to fail it helps to get out in front of it with "cover up" talking points. We won't be shocked when the MSM recites those talking points in unison.

As far as the Mueller crap. I just love the support here for illegal FISA warrants and then after the IG reports how bad they were, you support using that illegally obtained information to slander a person you don't like.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What does being impeached mean, there are no consequences from being impeached. The only thing neg about it is it shows trump as impeached on the books so what.. Our gov is so fucked up its translates to the public in which fucked up party they follow, its pathetic..

When we commit crimes we go to jail or pay fines.. When a POTUS does the same there are no penalties beyond being removed and cant hold a gov position so what. These ass clowns need to be held to the same standard all of us do... This should be what pisses you off the most. Yet everyone does the whataboutism and make excuses for there side. None of us are gonna change what our gov been doing for the last 100 years.

You all get enjoyment fighting amongst ourselves to make your ego feel better WTF is wrong with people. Its the gov ,all gov that should feel the heat from the public.

M

Mr D

So what we got now is better LMAO. More people are pissed than ever before.

Credit who you want but when the economy is good, wages are rising, poverty is shrinking, home ownership is rising, no new wars have been started I think most people are happy with those things which have the biggest impact on their lives.

People are no longer shocked by a politician that lies and Trump is the total opposite of political correctness which most people rejected. Trump is the same bombastic, narcissistic, WWF ring side type personality he's always been

So why are people so pissed? Because of Russia or Ukraine or Rudy or Lev........

No actually the country is divided and neither side make up the majority.

med4u

Veteran
You are correct if your point is that conviction and sentencing as in possible removal occur following impeachment. The impeachment process is complete, which by his recent statement, Trump does not seem to comprehend "They are trying to impeach the son of a bitch"

The wiki article begins with a misstatement indicating a crime must be committed for impeachment to take place. I believe this is also where Dershowitz errs.

edit; yes I do realize this is rectified later in the article.

Here is Dershowitz angle....he will move to dismiss and render both articles void thru lack of constitutionality....
I think Ken Starr will argue the flaws in procedural legalities of the impeachment itself
Much to the dismay of some to include Nancy Pelosi....if the articles are found unconstitutional...yes they can be found voided and a dismissal
Rendered...so the question of witnesses are very premature at this point ...Schiff for brains and Nadler are no match for these constitutional legal scholars ...should be explosive right out the gate....

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/473849-two-house-articles-of-impeachment-fail-to-meet-constitutional-standards

Hempy McNoodle

What bother s me the most about guys like trump is the mantra tattooed on their brains .......Step on as many necks as possible to get ahead. Now thats morphed into Destroy as much natural resources as needed to keep his wallets happy.:tiphat:
but hwat do i know im just the internet police apparenlty lol

What natural resources have been destroyed?

M

Mr D

What does being impeached mean, there are no consequences from being impeached. The only thing neg about it is it shows trump as impeached on the books so what.. Our gov is so fucked up its translates to the public in which fucked up party they follow, its pathetic..

When we commit crimes we go to jail or pay fines.. When a POTUS does the same there are no penalties beyond being removed and cant hold a gov position so what. These ass clowns need to be held to the same standard all of us do... This should be what pisses you off the most. Yet everyone does the whataboutism and make excuses for there side. None of us are gonna change what our gov been doing for the last 100 years.

You all get enjoyment fighting amongst ourselves to make your ego feel better WTF is wrong with people. Its the gov ,all gov that should feel the heat from the public.

If they had proof of a crime why was it not included in the articles?

"Abuse of power" is not against the law. Bribery or quid pro quo was supposedly the basis for the impeachment so why wasn't it included?

M

Mr D

What natural resources have been destroyed?

I heard that repeated but not seen any specifics from those making the claim.

It's funny how previous administrations helped facilitate the off shoring of our manufacturing to countries with less environmental regulation and ignore the increased environmental damage that resulted.

I guess if you move it to someone elses back yard it goes away.

Gry

Veteran
Ever since I can remember - the USA has always sorta celebrated outlaws and gangsters - those that can rob and kill at will like Billy the Kid - The James Brothers - Bonny and Clyde - Baby Face Nelson - John Dillinger - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Al Capone - and many, many more thru history - right up to today when the whole gangster culture is celebrated - and gangs make lots of money making rap songs about it all - which has become very popular, and some might say one with modern day USA culture - or so it seems to me as an outsider -

So - you might wonder where I'm going with all this - what I'm saying is that if a major part of the electorate accept and support the whole gangster ethos thing as being 'cool' and/or acceptable - then no wonder you ended up with what many might say is a gangster in the White House -

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”
― Smedley D. Butler, War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier

He understood how things worked on a level few people do.
Not a thing was ever 'cleaned up', but the agenda has 3 generations since Smedley's statement, to advance and further consolidate itself.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If they had proof of a crime why was it not included in the articles?

"Abuse of power" is not against the law. Bribery or quid pro quo was supposedly the basis for the impeachment so why wasn't it included?

Obstruction of Congress is a crime.

So is obstruction of justice.

If someone is guilty and slippery you gotta use what sticks.

I think that they should have included contempt of Congress as well so I can't agree completely with the stripped down version either.

:yes: :yes:

med4u

Veteran

What are the crimes in the articles
That you want Trump charged with?

Abuse of power?...Obstruction of congress...? There are no statutes in our legal system covering either as an illegal act...so where is the crime?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”
― Smedley D. Butler, War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier

He understood how things worked on a level few people do.
Not a thing was ever 'cleaned up', but the agenda has 3 generations since Smedley's statement, to advance and further consolidate itself.

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

M

Mr D

I think that they should have included contempt of Congress as well so I can't agree completely with the stripped down version either.

Obstruction of congress is a crime, After it's settled by judicial.

Challenging congressional subpoenas in court is not obstruction. It's how the 3 branches of government were designed to work.

med4u

Veteran

No it is not...trump claimed executive priviledge to block witnesses and documents....fully legal
The remedy for this was to take this to a majestrate for a ruling...Schiff declined stating it would take to long
Having to wait for a ruling is not trumps fault...it was schiffs prerogative so he himself could have
Negated the obstruction

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
What are the crimes in the articles
That you want Trump charged with?

Abuse of power?...Obstruction of congress...? There are no statutes in our legal system covering either as an illegal act...so where is the crime?

Charge him with crimes against our clean air and water! Lock him up for knowingly poisoning people.

h.h.

Veteran
Every time they want information, it should be drug out in court while everything comes to a stalemate.

What a bunch of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.