What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh I got ya,

I thought the racist crap passed?. That congressmen was doing the Impeachment resolution on his own. He did not have the backing of Pelosi.. I dont think anyone expected it to pass.

This is what happened..

As expected, The Republicans and most Democrats came together to vote “yes,” tabling the measure, 332-95. This means the vote to impeach was tabled for a later date. A “yea” vote meant shelving impeachment for now (though not necessarily forever). A “no” vote would have meant keeping Green’s resolution on the House floor and proceeding to an actual vote on impeaching Trump.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh I got ya,

I thought the racist crap passed?. That congressmen was doing the Impeachment resolution on his own. He did not have the backing of Pelosi.. I dont think anyone expected it to pass.

This is what happened..

As expected, The Republicans and most Democrats came together to vote “yes,” tabling the measure, 332-95. This means the vote to impeach was tabled for a later date. A “yea” vote meant shelving impeachment for now (though not necessarily forever). A “no” vote would have meant keeping Green’s resolution on the House floor and proceeding to an actual vote on impeaching Trump.

Yep...you just put it alot better than I did. :biggrin:

Most voters are ignorant or misinformed because the costs to them of acquiring political information greatly exceed the potential benefits.

Tump’s victory is the victory of the uninformed. But, to be fair, Clinton’s victory would also have been. Democracy is the rule of the people, but the people are in many ways unfit to rule.

some truth here.
although i would still maintain that trump was america's best option at the time. Now I have no clue but i sit on the sidelines watchin the show hehehe
I'm trying to move my family and business to the US so I try and follow along best I can. Personally I think democrats are weazles and manipulate the public more than anyone cares to admit but I'm not american so will reserve my comments on Hilary and her ilk. :D

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
some truth here.
although i would still maintain that trump was america's best option at the time. Now I have no clue but i sit on the sidelines watchin the show hehehe
I'm trying to move my family and business to the US so I try and follow along best I can. Personally I think democrats are weazles and manipulate the public more than anyone cares to admit but I'm not american so will reserve my comments on Hilary and her ilk. :D

Her ilk are on the way out. Young progressive Democrats are moving in. They represent about 35% of the team and growing.

h.h.

Veteran
Popular to bash Hillary for unknown reasons.
Theres been a scare campaign against her for years.
The nerve of her trying to participate.
Trying to break the barrier.
That’s why we ended up with trump trash.
No-t really a Hillary fan, I preferred others, but she would have done so much better.

White Beard

And a Trump spokesperson announces that Trump will no longer “be beholden to the courts”.

Witness Americas first dictator, an autocrat who will get away with whatever he can until he is stopped.

It’s time to stop him NOW before there are troops in the DC streets, before he calls out his race-warriors and the shooting starts. We need to arrest McConnell if he will not join the House against Trumps grab for power.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And a Trump spokesperson announces that Trump will no longer “be beholden to the courts”.

Witness Americas first dictator, an autocrat who will not be stopped.

It’s time to stop him NOW

So hows that work,he just uses the military to do his bidding?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Just waiting for that Saddam Hussein moment where they find him hiding in a hole.

White Beard

So hows that work, he just uses the military to do his bidding?

Keeps issuing orders until he’s taken into custody: this is a coup - a real one. If he’s enabled NOW by the people around him, then it may be up to the military to either keep him in power despite his refusal to Faithfully fulfill his oath to protect and defend the constitution, or take him into to custody for violating his oath of office to be held for impeachment and trial.

On that the coup will succeed or fail...as far as I’m concerned it’s gotta fail

White Beard

I dont want to think that's true,I think the majority of our country supports the military,and vets.

They can go anywhere for healthcare now instead of waiting in line to die at the VA

I was referring to the dem politicians voting No on the condemnation of his tweets.That didnt help the Democrats me thinks

Signal:noise is suffering in here....

Voting to table the thing made sense: it called for impeachment on the strength of the tweets. Condemning the tweets, fine. Turning it into a forced vote on impeachment was the worst way to try and do either.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is it article 25,Where the president is unfit to hold office?
If he hasn't met the criteria yet,what will it take

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm starting to believe he was right,if he shot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue he would get away with it.

White Beard

Ok so Table it for later,you think it will really pass the Senate

Tabled measures don’t go to the Senate, they go to committee or are withdrawn

What is it article 25,Where the president is unfit to hold office?
If he hasn't met the criteria yet,what will it take

Amendment 26, I believe: what it would take is for GOP in the administration to decide that he’s out of *their* control, and satisfy the requirements for invocation. Leaving Mike Pence as POTUS. GOP clearly is fine with Trump and all his bullshit.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stand corrected sir,I thought the Senate had the final say.
I dont really keep up on all of the technicalities of the powers to be.I just no when we are fucked.

DJXX

Veteran
Just waiting for that Saddam Hussein moment where they find him hiding in a hole.
also like Hussein they will be removing the Trump letters off all of properties that his name is on...as the IRS seizes all of them..oh his roulette wheel is bout to hit paydirt...and watching George Wallace today in front of a rally...he is exactly like the narcissistic bigoted HAIRPILE...if America survives his ass without a civil war, we will have dodged a bullet big time....DJXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts