What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

packerfan79

Veteran
The problem is def in the country of origin.. We can not continue to detain undocumented people. This admin is creating a huge problem by doing so. In the end deportation will happen anyway. We cant even solve are own poverty issues. We dont need to add to the problem. I have no clue what this admin thinks is a legit claim of asylum. I can def see why they would flee if there facing death.. I would guess most dont have the education to know how to seek asylem. There probably manipulated/lied to by those wanting $$.

Congress owns this debacle 100%. They made the laws. No surprise they have a 20% approval rating.

White Beard

The problem is def in the country of origin.. We can not continue to detain undocumented people. This admin is creating a huge problem by doing so. In the end deportation will happen anyway. We cant even solve are own poverty issues. We dont need to add to the problem. I have no clue what this admin thinks is a legit claim of asylum. I can def see why they would flee if there facing death.. I would guess most dont have the education to know how to seek asylem. There probably manipulated/lied to by those wanting $$.

Doesn’t help that the snapperhead ‘media’ obscures the issues so thoroughly with their refusal to distinguish between border-jumpers and people coming to the border and asking for asylum. We are treating both groups the same, and US law requires that asylum applicants presenting at the border be heard, and subject to due process in their claim; the law DOESN’T allow for their being caged like livestock.

When the idea is to scare people into bad decisions, clarity is not a tool you use, so...conflation

Wendull C.

Veteran
Doesn’t help that the snapperhead ‘media’ obscures the issues so thoroughly with their refusal to distinguish between border-jumpers and people coming to the border and asking for asylum. We are treating both groups the same, and US law requires that asylum applicants presenting at the border be heard, and subject to due process in their claim; the law DOESN’T allow for their being caged like livestock.

When the idea is to scare people into bad decisions, clarity is not a tool you use, so...conflation

Those people seeking asylum are supposed to ask for it at the first country they come to. Not pass through multiple other countries to choose the one they want. That alone makes their claim invalid unless they are from Mexico or Canada.

Why is this fact left out of the discussion? The law doesn't allow for them to be caged? What are we supposed to do with ILLEGAL ALIENS then?

If I showed up at your door claimed asylum, strolled in, took your possessions, ate your food, and watched your TV, what would you suppose would happen to me?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like I said those people have no clue how the process works. They get told give up some $$$ you get to go to the USA. That's all they know. I would guess all they want is to get to the USA because of the lies there told.
Instead of wasting the billions on this fiasco. Might as well hand that cash over to the country of origin to keep them there.

The latest Trumptard conspiracy I read was since Trumptards admin could not get his wall funded they hired people in Guatemala/Mexico to pay/convince people to make the journey to the USA. It is strange that this admin is being hit with this mass migration. February marked 12-year-high for illegal immigration. Weather true or not this is def something Trumptard would do to get his wall.

Last edited:

'Boogieman'

Instead of wasting the billions on this fiasco. Might as well hand that cash over to the country of origin to keep them there.

No, the answer is not giving other countries our hard earned tax dollars, this shit is why you have Trump in the first place.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol Whats the difference, your still paying for it now. I guess you cant see it. I would rather them not be here.

Cannavore

Veteran
Those people seeking asylum are supposed to ask for it at the first country they come to. Not pass through multiple other countries to choose the one they want. That alone makes their claim invalid unless they are from Mexico or Canada.

Why is this fact left out of the discussion? The law doesn't allow for them to be caged? What are we supposed to do with ILLEGAL ALIENS then?

If I showed up at your door claimed asylum, strolled in, took your possessions, ate your food, and watched your TV, what would you suppose would happen to me?

Mexico turns away asylum seekers. A convenient fact you left out.

Illegal immigration is a misdemeanor. If you wanna use anecdotes..... Pissing in public is a misdemeanor. Should a person and their kids get locked in a cage for it?

DJXX

Veteran
No, the answer is not giving other countries our hard earned tax dollars, this shit is why you have Trump in the first place.
You seemed to be worried bout tax dollars....but how many millions has your "Commander and Thief" Donnie, stolen from all of Americans cause of a loopholes stretched wider than the Grand Canyon...And Packer guy you sure can toss out the blame card.....you have a bunch of people in that congress bunch too...and its the GOP ran senate that pulls the plug on any efforts...oh thats right... your king likes the "blame card too".....more political tennis soon..DJXX

packerfan79

Veteran
Like I said those people have no clue how the process works. They get told give up some $$$ you get to go to the USA. That's all they know. I would guess all they want is to get to the USA because of the lies there told.

The latest Trumptard conspiracy I read was since Trumptards admin could not get his wall funded they hired people in Guatemala/Mexico to pay/convince people to make the journey to the USA. It is strange that this admin is being hit with this mass migration. February marked 12-year-high for illegal immigration. Weather true or not this is def something Trumptard would do to get his wall.

Couldn't have something to do with Democratic presidential candidates going to Mexico to help illegal immigrants avoid ICE.

Couldn't be Democratic Congress people who have gone on record with abolishing ICE.

So, are they endangered brown people suffering, or paid tools of Trump? Can't be both. The reality is Democrats have been supporting migrant caravans. Now they are working with illegals in Mexico. Pretty clear who they care about.

The Democrats don't represent Americans.

How many of the Democratic candidates raised their hands to de-criminalizing illegal border crossings?

How many raised their hands to free healthcare for the illegal immigrants?

To emphasize the glaringly obvious fact. California just passed a bill that fines California's who can't afford health insurance, to provide free health insurance for illegal immigrants. I don't know how any American can accept this latest attack on Americans. Let's not forget that Obamacare was the debacle that sent health insurance cost skyrocketing. Without the complete failure that Obamacare was, we would not be in this situation.

All in all, the dems own the healthcare crisis, and the border crisis.

'Boogieman'

Illegal immigration is a misdemeanor. If you wanna use anecdotes..... Pissing in public is a misdemeanor. Should a person and their kids get locked in a cage for it?

Not unless they are child traffickers or some shit. I'm for making living conditions better for legit asylum seekers but I'm also for slowing down illegal immigration. If we slow down illegal immigration we can/should then let more in legally and they won't drive wages down working for cheap labor.

packerfan79

Veteran
You seemed to be worried bout tax dollars....but how many millions has your "Commander and Thief" Donnie, stolen from all of Americans cause of a loopholes stretched wider than the Grand Canyon...And Packer guy you sure can toss out the blame card.....you have a bunch of people in that congress bunch too...and its the GOP ran senate that pulls the plug on any efforts...oh thats right... your king likes the "blame card too".....more political tennis soon..DJXX

I didn't single out one party. Congress fails or succeeds as a whole. No party takes all the blame. Yup I toss the blame card at every damn one of them.
Gop blows quite often.

The biggest loophole stretcher in the history of this country is Jeff Bezos who just happens to own one of the largest newspapers (sort of) in the country. This particular newspaper has abandoned any semblance of journalism present. Unfortunately this particular newspaper has pushed a corporatist war-mongering agenda.

So, IMO you are wrong about Trump being the king of loopholes.

I am all for reforming the tax code to eliminate those deductions and loopholes. Unfortunately it's up to the Congress, and we know how much gets done their.

Wendull C.

Veteran

Convenient? They pass through other countries also.
Mexico turning people away doesn't mean we here have to be burdened with this bullshit.

Don't want to be detained in an ICE Detention facility? Don't come here illegally.

Most of these cases of asylum are economic anyhow. That doesn't qualify.

Just because they have been advised by counsel as what to say doesn't mean they are refugees. OJ Simpson wasn't guilty either right? Fuck outta here.:laughing:

'Boogieman'

What a TDS statement, I would use any loophole to avoid paying taxes myself. You should be angry at the politicians who created those laws if it bothers you so much.

M

Mr D

No.... we should put them all up at the Four Seasons.

Do you feed and house these people or just tell others to pay?

Would treating them the same way we treat homeless Americans be OK?

Is there any reason why you and other like minded liberals haven't started a go fund me page to pay for your "good ideas" like of lack of enforcement of federal immigration laws?

Are you concerned about the increase in carbon pollution which will result from millions of people moving from 3rd world countries to the US?

Is repeating talking points on immigration from politicians who have expressed opposition to same during an election year what they mean by intelligent liberals?

Sorry bro your liberal think tank BS about illegals being a net gain for US taxpayers is produced by agenda driven liars.

Any numbers on how many billions of dollars is not paid in to Social Security by employers who pay illegals under the table?

In my field, construction, you meet and work with hundreds of illegals. I don't begrudge anyone for wanting a better life, but you liberals are totally naive about how many of them are gaming the system. Collect welfare, food stamps, free or reduced cost housing and free medical care while they earn good money under the table.

Gry

Veteran
Couldn't have something to do with Democratic presidential candidates going to Mexico to help illegal immigrants avoid ICE.

Couldn't be Democratic Congress people who have gone on record with abolishing ICE.

So, are they endangered brown people suffering, or paid tools of Trump? Can't be both. The reality is Democrats have been supporting migrant caravans. Now they are working with illegals in Mexico. Pretty clear who they care about.

The Democrats don't represent Americans.

How many of the Democratic candidates raised their hands to de-criminalizing illegal border crossings?

How many raised their hands to free healthcare for the illegal immigrants?

To emphasize the glaringly obvious fact. California just passed a bill that fines California's who can't afford health insurance, to provide free health insurance for illegal immigrants. I don't know how any American can accept this latest attack on Americans. Let's not forget that Obamacare was the debacle that sent health insurance cost skyrocketing. Without the complete failure that Obamacare was, we would not be in this situation.

All in all, the dems own the healthcare crisis, and the border crisis.
You continue to underwrite a shameful corporate version of history which is
not in line with history I as remember it.
I understand you would have us believe your corporate master's
represent this country. Simply put, it's untrue and always has been.
Pretty sure you are well informed enough to know that which you
refer to as "Obama Care" was the initial project of the Heritage foundation.
Using the language you chose with correct accreditation given;
"Without the complete failure of the Heritage Foundation's health care program, we would not be in this situation."
Sounds equally pathetic to your chosen position and resolves almost as little.
Waay past time to grow up and acknowledge that Rockefeller medicine is only viable for a very few.
The number one reason for personal bankruptcies being over medical issues is equally reprehensible to the number of companies forced out business as a result of being unable to compete due to rising healthcare costs.

Single payer now.

Gry

Veteran
Not unless they are child traffickers or some shit. I'm for making living conditions better for legit asylum seekers but I'm also for slowing down illegal immigration. If we slow down illegal immigration we can/should then let more in legally and they won't drive wages down working for cheap labor.

Which was in fact the situation prior to Regan's decision to cease the
prosecution of employers who hired those without paper's.
As is normal in our politics historically, it was done for the worst
of reasons at the behest of crooked interests in both the construction,
and meat packing industries.

M

Mr D

You continue to underwrite a shameful corporate version of history which is
not in line with history I as remember it.
I understand you would have us believe your corporate master's
represent this country. Simply put, it's untrue and always has been.
Pretty sure you are well informed enough to know that which you
refer to as "Obama Care" was the initial project of the Heritage foundation.
Using the language you chose with correct accreditation given;
"Without the complete failure of the Heritage Foundation's health care program, we would not be in this situation."
Sounds equally pathetic to your chosen position and resolves almost as little.
Waay past time to grow up and acknowledge that Rockefeller medicine is only viable for a very few.
The number one reason for personal bankruptcies being over medical issues is equally reprehensible to the number of companies forced out business as a result of being unable to compete due to rising healthcare costs.

Single payer now.

You believe shifting the cost burden will do anything to fix a system designed around treatment$$$ vs. cures, while the population gorges on franken foods and processed poisons?

Why does anyone except the end user have to bear the cost of someone's unhealthy lifestyle choices?

DJXX

Veteran
So, IMO you are wrong about Trump being the king of loopholes.
Poke around there is plenty of Trump history available that really paints a different picture of this man, he isnt the law abiding man you think he is....the king of fake losses to not pay taxes...in the mid 90s he wrote off $800 million in losses to dodge even more taxes...inflating his real estate properties worth, also to avoid more taxes,...the documentation is on the internet...but dont say anything bout Bezos til you have done all the research on your king also...dont just repeat Fox news..DJXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts