What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Boogieman'

I AM saying that the things you say, which we say aren’t true, *ACTUALLY* aren’t true, and those things DO come from liars. Those people, those liars are not your friends and they’re not patriots.

LOL how do you expect anyone with different views to debate you when this is your mindset? Newsflash, while I'm aware my news has a right wing bias and I can cut through the bullshit, your complete oblivious to the fact that your news has a left wing bias.

Cannavore

Veteran
Obama definitely doubled the national debt, that is a fact.

If Trump wins a second term he'll end up adding around the same amount of debt you attribute to Obama. I wonder what you'll be saying then. Trump has also exploded the deficit.

Subtracting the debt before Obama took office from the debt after Obama left office is probably the least accurate way of looking at the debt increase.

https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-under-obama-3306293

"President Bush's last budget, for Fiscal Year 2009, created a deficit of $1.16 trillion. That fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and continued until September 30, 2009. Although most of that deficit occurred after Obama took office, it was a result of Bush's budget.

Similarly, the first deficit that occurred after President Trump took office was due to Obama's last budget.

Here are the deficits by year that can accurately be attributed to Obama.

FY 2009 - Even though the budget had been approved, Congress added emergency funding to stop the Great Recession. It added the first year's spending from Obama's Economic Stimulus Act to the FY 2009 budget. That $253 billion accrues to Obama.

FY 2010 - Obama's first budget created a $1.294 trillion deficit.

FY 2011 - This budget deficit was $1.3 trillion. Defense spending hit $855 billion. Republicans stalled on raising the debt ceiling, creating a debt ceiling crisis.

FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion.

FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration. It forced a 10 percent cut in spending.

FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion. Tax revenue rose to $3.02 trillion.

FY 2015 - The deficit fell further to $438 billion.

FY 2016 - The deficit rose to $585 billion. Congress added $58.6billion to pay for the Afghanistan War.

FY 2017 - The deficit was $665 billion. Congress added $100 billion to Obama's budget request after Trump took office."

Cannavore

Veteran
60% of CEO's are Republican. Less than 20% are Democrats

Where are all these left wing biases in media and business lol

Cannavore

Veteran
Ahh yes, the debt. It must have just fallen from the sky you think? Or did a "majority" decide to do things that way? That's democracy right? Majority ruled gry? So then 51% can made the decisions for the other 49% yes?

Is the 49% free?

Perhaps look in the mirror

what are you talking about lol modern day greece is a parliamentary based democratic republic

'Boogieman'

If Trump wins a second term he'll end up adding around the same amount of debt you attribute to Obama. I wonder what you'll be saying then. Trump has also exploded the deficit.

Subtracting the debt before Obama took office from the debt after Obama left office is probably the least accurate way of looking at the debt increase.

https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-under-obama-3306293

"President Bush's last budget, for Fiscal Year 2009, created a deficit of $1.16 trillion. That fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and continued until September 30, 2009. Although most of that deficit occurred after Obama took office, it was a result of Bush's budget.

Similarly, the first deficit that occurred after President Trump took office was due to Obama's last budget.

Here are the deficits by year that can accurately be attributed to Obama.

FY 2009 - Even though the budget had been approved, Congress added emergency funding to stop the Great Recession. It added the first year's spending from Obama's Economic Stimulus Act to the FY 2009 budget. That $253 billion accrues to Obama.

FY 2010 - Obama's first budget created a $1.294 trillion deficit.

FY 2011 - This budget deficit was $1.3 trillion. Defense spending hit $855 billion. Republicans stalled on raising the debt ceiling, creating a debt ceiling crisis.

FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion.

FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration. It forced a 10 percent cut in spending.

FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion. Tax revenue rose to $3.02 trillion.

FY 2015 - The deficit fell further to $438 billion.

FY 2016 - The deficit rose to $585 billion. Congress added $58.6billion to pay for the Afghanistan War.

FY 2017 - The deficit was $665 billion. Congress added $100 billion to Obama's budget request after Trump took office."

They said if Trump wins the economy will tank, I would take the msm's opinion with a grain of salt.

I see you picked option two of three options on how to calculate the national debt by a single president, I read that article earlier and want to quote the part you left out from option two.

"The deficits from all these budgets total $6.785 trillion. But, like most presidents, Obama's contribution to the debt was higher. There's a difference between the*deficit and the debt*by president. All presidents can employ sleight of hand to reduce the appearance of the deficit. They can borrow from federal retirement funds.

For example,*the*Social Security Trust Fund*has run*a*surplus since 1987.*There were more working people contributing via payroll taxes than retired people withdrawing benefits. The Fund invests its surplus in*U.S. Treasury notes. The president can reduce the deficit by spending these funds instead of issuing new Treasurys. As a result, Obama added $8.588*trillion to the debt."

8.588 trillion is infact the most debt added from a single president. Also according to option two in the article the first year falls on the previous president which would help trump with the numbers.

Last edited:
X

xavier7995

LOL how do you expect anyone with different views to debate you when this is your mindset? Newsflash, while I'm aware my news has a right wing bias and I can cut through the bullshit, your complete oblivious to the fact that your news has a left wing bias.

My man, this is exactly how we view it over here on the left as well. Sucks, but it is what it is. Ideally both sides would see that at the same time, but we dont, so we keep looking at each other like the other side is crazy. I wish we could at least look at a common set of facts, agree on them, and then chalk the rest up to a different set of opinions/experiences.

F

Frylock

Trump- Captain 'don't disrespect our flag' Patriot, doesn't even know the American anthem....

Did anyone catch his glorious rendition? :biglaugh:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
We should give him an impromptu citizenship test....

Good morning deserving leader. Pop quiz genius. You can't use the internet.

Good luck.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

For fuck sake Boogie LEARN TO READ!!!

'Boogieman'

Attachments

• images.jpeg-4.jpg
    images.jpeg-4.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 22

med4u

Veteran
Trump- Captain 'don't disrespect our flag' Patriot, doesn't even know the American anthem....

Did anyone catch his glorious rendition? :biglaugh:

If you think trump being off on the
Anthem was funny....you should try and read back some of your puzzled posts...priceless comrade..keep em commin

F

Frylock

And TBH idk what i was thinking saying he didn't know the anthem.... i was actually thinking about this speech where he seems to have a moment of panic and then just starts to make things up as usual,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB64RSrujCk

I guess there was an actual time where he didn't remember the anthem as well?
I wasn't aware of that.... but yes i guess i deserve some derision for my own gaffe in pointing out Trtump's gaffe :covereyes: :bis:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know what ya mean,but for some odd reason Hope Hicks popped into my thoughts. :biggrin:
Oh Fuck there goes another angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts