What's new

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Boogieman'

that's not the point i was trying to make because i agree bernie isn't doing what needs to be done.

like what if another republican was leading the nomination in 2016 and the GOP was calling for trump to drop out, while shitting on his supporters. you're telling me those trump voters would have fell in line? fuck no.

Your correct, I would have wrote in the Libertarian candidate. I don't really consider myself a Republican though. I think real Republicans would vote R regardless.

Absolem

The VP choice should be someone who can run and win in 2024. Pretty sure everybody is aware Biden or Bernie would be one term presidents with the goal to prep and prepare for 2024.

Step 1. Push Biden over the finish line to beat Trump.
Step 2. Replace RBG and start packing the courts with people who will be favorable to Dem causes.
Step 3. This requires the Dems gaining control of the Senate. Fix Obamacare and push green energy.
Step 4. Keep the ship steady Joe. It's why you were elected. The real goal is 2024.
Step 5. Build the infrastructure and gather the votes so when Texas goes Blue the Dems have more then a two year window to get shit done.
Step 6. Win 2024 fix the healthcare system in this country and make real gains on clean energy. The votes should be there by then.

Without the infrastructure in place and a plan to pass legislation the Dem goals would just be a pipe dream.

The VP pick is super important. I like Stacey Abrams for the short term of winning in 2020 but not sure if she could win in 2024. Think Amy would have a better chance to win 2024 but would not be as helpful for the 2020 election.

igrowone

Veteran
The VP choice should be someone who can run and win in 2024. Pretty sure everybody is aware Biden or Bernie would be one term presidents with the goal to prep and prepare for 2024.

Step 2. Replace RBG and start packing the courts with people who will be favorable to Dem causes.
Step 3. This requires the Dems gaining control of the Senate. Fix Obamacare and push green energy.
Step 4. Keep the ship steady Joe. It's why you were elected. The real goal is 2024.
Step 5. Build the infrastructure and gather the votes so when Texas goes Blue the Dems have more then a two year window to get shit done.
Step 6. Win 2024 fix the healthcare system in this country and make real gains on clean energy. The votes should be there by then.

Without the infrastructure in place and a plan to pass legislation the Dem goals would just be a pipe dream.

The VP pick is super important. I like Stacey Abrams for the short term of winning in 2020 but not sure if she could win in 2024. Think Amy would have a better chance to win 2024 but would not be as helpful for the 2020 election.

not saying i'm fond of this thought, but it needs to be said
mayor pete
conservative democrat, interpret that as you will
good speaker/debater though, has a presence
politics does indeed make for strange bedfellows

Absolem

not saying i'm fond of this thought, but it needs to be said
mayor pete
conservative democrat, interpret that as you will
good speaker/debater though, has a presence
politics does indeed make for strange bedfellows

Pete wouldn't be a bad choice either. At first I winced about Pete being VP. Thinking a mayor might not be strong choice for 2024. But if he has 4 years of VP that would be a game changer.

Just really think this country would love to have a women VP or Pres. Hope the Dems are the first to achieve that. But yeah Pete would be a strong candidate.

packerfan79

Veteran

Comments like this are the real Democratic party. They are also a great examples of what the Republican party has been accusing the Democrats of wanting to do , only to have the Democrats claim we are conspiracy theorists. I guess we were right all along.

conservatives, libertarians, and most moderates would run screaming from such authoritarian ideas.

Absolem

Comments like this are the real Democratic party. They are also a great examples of what the Republican party has been accusing the Democrats of wanting to do , only to have the Democrats claim we are conspiracy theorists. I guess we were right all along.

No conservative, libertarian, and most moderates would run screaming from such authoritarian ideas.

So the Republican party doesn't want to pack the courts to ban abortion?

The Republican party didn't just close 500+ voting prescient in minority areas in Texas and only closed 50 in white neighborhoods to stop dems from voting?

It's called politics. Grow a set.
:comfort:

packerfan79

Veteran
So the Republican party doesn't want to pack the courts to ban abortion?

The Republican party didn't just close 500+ voting prescient in minority areas in Texas and only closed 50 in white neighborhoods to stop dems from voting?

It's called politics. Grow a set.
:comfort:

I have never advocated for packing the court. I have never known of a Republican who has. I do appreciate the honesty, I guess with Bernie's glowing commentary of authoritarian communist dictatorships. The rest of the Dems are feeling more comfortable, showing your true colors.

I didn't know their were white neighborhoods, sounds exceptionally racist. Do you live in one of these white only neighborhoods?

Absolem

I have never advocated for packing the court. I have never known of a Republican who has. I do appreciate the honesty, I guess with Bernie's glowing commentary of authoritarian communist dictatorships. The rest of the Dems are feeling more comfortable, showing your true colors.

I didn't know their were white neighborhoods, sounds exceptionally racist. Do you live in one of these white only neighborhoods?

Not a suprise you don't understand my post.

Never really thought you were much of a planner when it came to the future. Your shortsighted thinking is always glaring.

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...ng-voting-lines-in-texas-renew-accusations-of

"Those districts are among those that have lost their polling stations. Across Texas, 750 polling stations had closed since 2012, meaning that voters have to travel farther to vote. Some polling stations were expected to serve more than 10,000 people. And a Guardian analysis found that the vast majority of the state’s poll site closures were in districts where the black and Latinx population is growing the most.

In particular, the 50 counties that gained the most Black and Latinx residents between 2012 and 2018 closed 542 polling sites, the analysis found. This is compared to just 34 closures in the 50 counties that have gained the fewest black and Latinx residents.The former saw a total population increase of 2.5 million people, compared to the latter's decrease in population by more than 13,000."

h.h.

Veteran

No conservative, libertarian, and most moderates would run screaming from such authoritarian ideas.

Actually that was just Absolem. He may have party connections.

I thought the same thing. Maybe I got connections too, and we’re planning a conspiracy right here under Gypsy’s nose.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And you came to that conclusion from a 1 post on a cannabis forum site lmao.

Its very obvious the Rep absolutely want to pack the courts. Where have you been living.

packerfan79

Veteran
Not a suprise you don't understand my post.

Never really thought you were much of a planner when it came to the future. Your shortsighted thinking is always glaring.

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...ng-voting-lines-in-texas-renew-accusations-of

"Those districts are among those that have lost their polling stations. Across Texas, 750 polling stations had closed since 2012, meaning that voters have to travel farther to vote. Some polling stations were expected to serve more than 10,000 people. And a Guardian analysis found that the vast majority of the state’s poll site closures were in districts where the black and Latinx population is growing the most.

In particular, the 50 counties that gained the most Black and Latinx residents between 2012 and 2018 closed 542 polling sites, the analysis found. This is compared to just 34 closures in the 50 counties that have gained the fewest black and Latinx residents.The former saw a total population increase of 2.5 million people, compared to the latter's decrease in population by more than 13,000."

So is that a yes to living in the segregated white only neighborhood?

Hate to break it to you, but both liberal and textualist supreme court justices have clearly stated that gerrymandering is a state issue. Democrats do it, Republicans do it.

It's politics, grow a pair.

By the way, Latinx is not only hated by the Mexican people, but is antithetical to Spanish, which happens to be a gendered language. It's incredibly racist to try to force a minority people to change their native language to suit a woke leftist losers ideological beliefs.

It's unbelievable how racist you are.

packerfan79

Veteran
And you came to that conclusion from a 1 post on a cannabis forum site lmao.

Its very obvious the Rep absolutely want to pack the courts. Where have you been living.

Republicans have had the ability to pack the courts a time or two, never have they even hinted at it. It would trigger a mass exodus from the Republican party. Apparently, the Democrats don't have a problem with it. Way to fight for the moral high ground
:rolleyes:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude no clue wtf rant your on today.. Both the Dems/rep have been trying to stack the courts for decades. This is no secret. If you don't know this your not living in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts