What's new

Thai weed from Thailand

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Very interesting about the cinnamon, I hate it too
I think it will not work for the same reason diatomaceous earth doesnt work here
This place is too humid, every night is 99-100% humidity
This is cfa koppen

This is how every morning is, windows and doors are wet too, I am in a microenvironment, 200 meters north of where I am is a little less humid but colder and you have frost in the coldest days
This place never gets frost but too much dew every day like this, so cinammon and diatomaceous earth get wet like this spider web and are useless
View media item 17599948
I use cypermethrin to try to control the ants, so far the most effective method
The thing is like this, there are many ant varieties here and they have different diets
These very small ants are terrible. They come out of nowhere
From something like this basilicum when I spotted the first ones
View attachment 19025953

They turn it into this in just a few hours. I was out of cypermethrin. I would like to find an alternative to pyrethrins. Here it is the best of the organic solutions.
View attachment 19025952

They love kale, beetroot, onion and modern hybrids. They dislike arugula, tomato and thai weed

I wonder if lactobacilus can clean a field where GMO soybean has been grown with plenty of glyphosate
Do you know if lactobacilus will work for cleaning a couple of hectares of soil?
To clean toxic soil, you need to plant non psychoactive hemp. It can clean soil that is contaminated with nuclear radiation. It was used near Chernobyl for this exact purpose. If hemp can transform radiation, glyphosate shouldn't be a problem.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15795030/

ahortator

Veteran

Hemp and the Chernobyl Phytoremediation Project​

In places that do not allow hemp growing(Japan-Fukushima), they have planted sunflowers, mustard and amaranth.
High just after smoking that weed!
1719874945076.png

funkyhorse

I clearly dont find any reliable parameter or pattern that can help predict how the weed will smoke
Be it oxidization colour, smell, taste or resin heads, none of them is helping to predict outcome
The only reliable method I am finding is smoke test in order to determine quality

On the left is N Thai 2008 P1 girl 1 and on the right is N Thai P1 girl 8
To the naked eye girl 8 is a lot more resinous, no need magnifying glass
To the naked hand girl 8 is a lot more sticky
Girl 1 smokes better than girl 8. Girl 1 cuts through my tolerance and is creeper high
N Thai 8 right n Thai 1 left.jpeg

Today another girl with different flowering than sisters made bananas and got the chop
I could have left her to flower more at another room but in a few days it will be full of seeds, I Think this is the most mature I can let them go
Buds are formed well, the intersex ones are less productive than the firm sex sisters
This is another progeny from mom P1 girl 1
The progeny male 3 made is clearly more resinous than mom, no matter if intersex or not
I have no way to know now if it will be on the same level of quality as mom, better or worse
This will get 6 months cure with bananas included in vacuum bag and then I will get answers to the quality question
N thai 2008 P2 1 x 3 banana 2
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (1).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (2).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (3).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (4).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (5).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (6).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (7).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 banana 2 (8).jpeg

funkyhorse

Update Prempavee weed
Phu Phan 5 seeds sprouted out of 6. All 5 plants alive, all sexually firm girls so far

Mekhong Classic 6 seeds out of 6 sprouted. One plant died. 2 plants intersex and today I spotted the birth of a banana, I am having a better look tomorrow. So it would be 3 out of 5 intersex with 2 more plants at the beginning of flowering and have yet to show their sex stability

Phon Sawan 6 seeds out of 6 sprouted. 2 plants died, 2 plants at the beginnig of flowering have to show their sex stability
And these are the other 2 Phon Sawan showing their true sex today, they both went to the intersex room for one or 2 more weeks of flowering before they get fully pollinized
Phon Sawan intersex 1
Phon sawan intersex 1 (1).jpeg
Phon sawan intersex 1 (2).jpeg
Phon sawan intersex 1 (3).jpeg

Phon Sawan intersex 2
Phon sawan intersex 2 (1).jpeg
Phon sawan intersex 2 (2).jpeg
Phon sawan intersex 2 (3).jpeg

It is a little early to say but it seems finding sexually firm plants in the stock being grown in Thailand today will be a difficult task. And this grow is confirming me that if a good thai plant is found, need to keep it as cut because it will be very difficult to find it again.
So in order to be grown in living soil and be worthwhile, I need to keep a thai plant as cut, too much intersex in current thai stock
Even if sexually firm plants are found, I doubt they will breed non intersex plants
This year I am trying to give the longest maturation possible to the intersex plants and giving them long cure
I doubt these intersex plants have better high than their sisters but the only way to know for sure is smoke test
If intersex dont smoke better then it is a totally undesirable trait because they clearly give low productivity or affect negatively the productivity

Today I chopped another P2 N Thai 1 x 3
This is inbreeding depression pheno. If I get 3 grams out of this plant is a lot
The Northern Thai 2008 P2 progeny shows foxtails buds.
Foxtail=low productivity
Have to check the high if this is worth or not
N Thai 1 x 3 inbreeding depression pheno (1).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 inbreeding depression pheno (2).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 inbreeding depression pheno (3).jpeg
N Thai 1 x 3 inbreeding depression pheno (4).jpeg