What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Texas growers unite

Erestese

See we live in Texas, where they execute pot consumers, so even if seeds were somehow to make it to your house under any other name than you're own I'm sure they'd probably consider a search warrant as cops in the big T are extremely bored. My personal situation doesn't leave me with any room to ship things to my house as the neighbor I share a mailbox with (i built it) is a cop.

And that is why I have a friend who drives for UPS take my packages to his house instead of delivering them, no complaints from the recipient and no worrying about feds, cops fucking with me.

Last edited:
Movintarget said:
Hey On The BBC...thanks for stopping by...are you sure you can't make it to the west coast?...Lol...just kidding

I'm sure the fake name would apply to either....as far as getting caught...as far as I have read, but have no practical experience.... Customs may intercept a seed package, but usually follows with a letter ..... Good luck with your "If" plans

How's everyone else doin?

Hey, thanks for the answer. I sure wasn't meaning to slam anyone, just trying to see what I was missing about the PO Box thing. I'm as noob as it gets to the growing side of things.

Hey, since this is a Texas thread, can I ask another question? Trying to see if anyone knows this.

So, I'm trying to figure out the Texas penalties for cultivation. From NORML and browsing sites like these, it appears Texas has no cultivation laws and just falls back on possession laws.

Is that right, or is it something else? Other states seem more advanced than us, and actually delineate between say 5 plants, and 50 plants.

But I've also heard of things like "intent to distribute," but I've only heard it when someone gets caught with something like a pound of cocaine.

What is ya'll's take? The reason I ask, is in planning my grow setup, and due to my lack of experience, I was thinking start with one plant and see how things go. But if there is no difference in Texas between one plant and a lot of plants, then I don't see why I shouldn't "think bigger," even if it is only for personal use.

Of course, this all rides on my seeds getting here. If they don't, I'm going to panic like a chicken and get rid of any weed I have.

:muahaha:

Erestese

There used to be a part up on cultivation of pot by x amount of plants I noticed this the other day as well, dunno what happened.

casualtoker

Started a new grow today.. Nirvana Jock Horror. Also got a Nirvana Northern Lights x Haze mother i'm getting big to make clones for my next grow.

M

Movintarget

Of course, this all rides on my seeds getting here. If they don't, I'm going to panic like a chicken and get rid of any weed I have
:laughing: LOl...so what seeds are you expecting?

i'mbacc......... I'm doin fine movintarget how is it on your end of the spectrum
Doin OK. tryin to stay cool..looks to hit triple digits this week...stay cool and safe everyone :cool:

Movintarget said:
so what seeds are you expecting?

ghs's The Church. Everything I've read indicates this would be a good beginner grow. Also, probably going all CFL the first go round...based off a book I got that I discovered in another forum like this one.

casualtoker

On The BBC said:
ghs's The Church. Everything I've read indicates this would be a good beginner grow. Also, probably going all CFL the first go round...based off a book I got that I discovered in another forum like this one.
Don't go all CFL, you will be disappointed. All the money you'll drop on CFL bulbs could buy you a nice 400W HPS ~ 55,000 lumens and a much bigger yield

Erestese

Any of you guys ever try one of those 400w HPS grow lights from HTGSupply, I'm possibly ordering one tomorrow.

growDaddy

casualtoker said:
Don't go all CFL, you will be disappointed.

I agree BUT sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

The case of the small closet grower would sometimes need a light that produces less heat. Unless one can get the ventilation correct and control the temp, the grower will be more disappointed.

shiggs

Today is a good day. I just picked up a 150w hps off the craigslist for $30. Need to pick up some hinges and light proofing materials and I will have one cab finished.

woo hoo.

Last edited:

i'mbacc

erestese if you've heard of nunn's electric they sell ballast kit's for about 175 bulb and all and man is it hot as hell out there today i can tast the heat.

casualtoker said:
Don't go all CFL, you will be disappointed. All the money you'll drop on CFL bulbs could buy you a nice 400W HPS ~ 55,000 lumens and a much bigger yield

u also get waaay more heat and less usable wavelength. check the MicroGorw forum. DR.BudGreeneGenes threads. plenty of results with CFL's.

PEACE

Erestese

i'mbacc said:
erestese if you've heard of nunn's electric they sell ballast kit's for about 175 bulb and all and man is it hot as hell out there today i can tast the heat.

HTGSupply has this 400w HPS ballast with hood plus optional extra bulb, heavy duty timer, 4 year warranty and hangers for 215$ shipped. Just wondering if anyone has any experience using their ballasts.

http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=47929

I planned on getting the stock reflector, stock HTG bulb, hangers, Heavy duty timer, extra bulb, and 4 year warranty. At first I planned on buying nutes and soil but due to lack of funds I'm gonna try out moonshineman's mix and see how it turns out. Wish I knew someone who sold Pro-Mix around Austin area.

Last edited:

GroworDie

Erestese said:
Just curious but what kind of box was it shipped in, discreet?
Yes. Return address was someone's name and no markings of any sort on the outside of the box. Those fucking ballasts are heavy though so it's a bit of a weighted package.

Last edited:

GroworDie

Oh, and Heynow Texas. Bracing for another storm and hoping for some rain down my way.

I love waking up when I have that waiting for me :D

growDaddy

GroworDie said:
Oh, and Heynow Texas. Bracing for another storm and hoping for some rain down my way.

I love waking up when I have that waiting for me :D

yeah, hoping for some rain. looks like a goooooooood morning for you, rain or not!

M

Movintarget

Morning folks,

:jump: It's gonna rain.....Yeah...fill my lake back up......Who all likes kayaking?