What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Texas growers unite

shiggs

growDaddy said:
shiggs, you should check out the IC 150hps forum. some good info.

Oh, I think im going slack off most of the day and work my way though that thread. It's my last week at this job and i've already checked out.

The lamp was made in 2000, so there are some brittle wires and I want to get a new bulb. I just dont know if there is anything else I should update.

Any suggestions?

Everyone put your rain barrels out.

keeko

rains almost in my area, my plant will hopefully be watered nicely so i dont have to visit it.
......kayaking you say?

in about a week and a half ill be going to the frio river, hopefully there will be some water to play in.

i'mbacc

Still no rain but it did feel good today. Man i got lucky on some killerbud and it has knocked me on my seat a few times.

Erestese

This weather couldn't be any better, cloudy and a cool breeze what more could you ask for? I LOVE HURRICANES!

Bush Grower

I'm back from my month long vacation in paradise... it's hard to get used to the texas heat again. I'll be getting my grow show started soon... my house is almost to the point where I can move in..

And whoever was asking about HTGSupply... they're highly recommended by me. I'm too paranoid to go to grow stores so I order just about everything from there. They have really good prices on their own products. (They make or atleast distribute products under their HTG name a lot cheaper than namebrand grow products.)

Erestese

Bush Grower said:
I'm back from my month long vacation in paradise... it's hard to get used to the texas heat again. I'll be getting my grow show started soon... my house is almost to the point where I can move in..

And whoever was asking about HTGSupply... they're highly recommended by me. I'm too paranoid to go to grow stores so I order just about everything from there. They have really good prices on their own products. (They make or atleast distribute products under their HTG name a lot cheaper than namebrand grow products.)

Awesome! Just ordered a 400w HPS ballast from them for 144.44 shipping and all. Now it's time to head up to A-town and finish off my shopping list :)

Last edited:

GroworDie

Grats man. I was so happy when I got my bulb and ballast I nearly wept great tears of joy. Good things to come!

M

Movintarget

Lol,
I remember when my 600 Hps arrived....Your girls are gonna love it
GroworDie Grats man. I was so happy when I got my bulb and ballast I nearly wept great tears of joy. Good things to come!

Erestese

The amateur in me couldn't resist getting some seedlings up, which turned out to be a horrible idea using MG organic potting soil. Two of them have survived and are doing well so I've got a 50% chance of getting a mom. =[

GroworDie

Nothing wrong with experimenting. Won't know it doesn't work until it fails :D

I've kept some plants limping through some pretty rough times and still got the gift of ganja, even if it took 6 months. lol.

I gotta little something to share with you guys! Been recently gettin back into greenthumbin.. These pics were taken before I started flowering a couple of days ago.. grown in Gh bucket using distilled water, fox farm grow big, and cal mag for veg.. Switched my fedding to the flowering mix consisting of more fox farm products on the 5th .. Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom.. I had a freebie Mixed pack so Im not sure what strain this is..
e0b0b0ef.jpg

DSCF0793-1.jpg

DSCF0794-1.jpg

DSCF0795-1.jpg

shiggs

Im already looking at getting a 250w from HTG. I've been looking around online and they really have the best prices on lamps. $52 for a 250 and $54 for a 400, come on are you kidding me. How could I not buy from them. I can build a hood and remote the lamp for next to nothing.

I got a nice shock from my craigslist 150 that I bought. I was running to make sure there was nothing wrong and ran my hand down the lead from the ballast to the wall plug and all the sudden the familiar tingle of electricity was shooting through my hand. Needless to say, I now know why it was only $30. Seems there was a hot spot or a short in a section of cord and it melted the insulation off. It's an easy fix, if I had my soldering iron. Im going to remote it anyway, so no biggie.

I hope everyone is staying cool today. We need more days like yesterday.

GroworDie

shiggs said:
Im already looking at getting a 250w from HTG. I've been looking around online and they really have the best prices on lamps. $52 for a 250 and $54 for a 400, come on are you kidding me. How could I not buy from them. I can build a hood and remote the lamp for next to nothing.

I got a nice shock from my craigslist 150 that I bought. I was running to make sure there was nothing wrong and ran my hand down the lead from the ballast to the wall plug and all the sudden the familiar tingle of electricity was shooting through my hand. Needless to say, I now know why it was only $30. Seems there was a hot spot or a short in a section of cord and it melted the insulation off. It's an easy fix, if I had my soldering iron. Im going to remote it anyway, so no biggie.

I hope everyone is staying cool today. We need more days like yesterday.
BZZZZAP!

Erestese

Ordered a 400w yesterday, now if only I could find a sweet deal on a co2 setup or possibly a MH setup for Veg.

i'mbacc

Im about to go and check this HTG place out i've been looking for a 600 or 400 watter and them prices sound bannanas. I hope everyone is doing ok in this Tx heat it doing a lil' something here at the moment.