What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Texas growers unite

Hey Texas growers,

Those of you who order seeds--who do you use?

My order was with sensibleseeds.com, and of course, still hoping they get here. It has just been over 2 weeks, so I'm not panicking until week four or so, I guess.

Anyway, I've done some searching, and people seem to mention Dr. Chronic a bunch, and Planet Skunk, kindseed.com, and of course quite a few others.

So, I'm wondering, fellow Texans, who have you had luck with? As others mentioned, getting seeds here seems ultra risky.

I have used Gypsy Nirvana without any problems. YRMV...
Also HTG is a great place to shop. I use them for at least 50% of my purchases.

i'mbacc

Just came back from Planet k grabbing the waterfarm which has some basic GH nutes are these any good? I already have some seeds from a local bag germing now. Just getting ready for the cold season.

shiggs

I ordered my seed from the seed boutique back on the 15th and still have not seen my seeds. To their defense I did move the week after I ordered my seeds, so they might be slowing working their way through the system.

M

Movintarget

Morning all,
On The BBC, here is a link that will help you....http://www.seedbankupdate.com/ This is a great site and will give you some ideal of what your looking for,,,Good luck..

I also was checking out the HTG site, I may have to order from them, save me a trip into town....... Ok gang have a great day

Erestese

Can't wait to find out if I got a female or not, I'm praying that my baby that shows the most vigorous growth is female.

Whats the difference between a Digital Ballast and a Magnetic Ballast?

Last edited:
update pics..
DSCF0843.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

GroworDie

Ballasts are used to maintain electrical currents to a certain level so that bulb doesnt blow itself up. The 'magnetic' part of a traditional ballast is the inductor that keeps that current level (the big heavy bitch). In 'digital' ballasts, the current is maintained by a collection of solid state electronics, thus decreasing significantly the heat and weight of the ballast. Digital are more expensive and wear out faster, however.

Erestese

I got a pic up of my best plant so far on my gallery, feel free to take a look and see if you notice anything peculiar. It's in pretty bad soil atm (MG Organic) and will be transplanted into moonshineman's mix as soon as I procure a ride to the ATX.

Can't wait till I can post pics, even if it is with my crappy Razr phone.

i'mbacc

Hey guys and girls i got lucky at Planet K and a guy sold me a 600w growbright w an agrogrow bulb the ballast is mh capable and this cost a mere 200 bucks. The guy said he could get me a clone by the name of Mothership or NL #5. What should I go with? I've never heard of Mothership and he said Nl was a funny growing strain. Need a lil advice on what to choose.

GroworDie

Looks great, Casual. How far along were those? What strain? I've been looking at a kush for my next seed purchase. I'm watching these near 100% sativas grow and I want to see a 100% indica side by side.

Hey, i'mbacc, Sounds like a great deal, I never know how to start conversations with those guys but I bet they got some killer local strains. Like that mothership, might be a local only thing. Maybe you could test the smoke? On a whim I would take the NL because I kinda know what to expect, end product-wise. Let us know what you get!

Movin'Targer: Sweet link man.

Oh, and I got some updated pics on the grow in my journal in my sig, check em out.

Erestese

i'mbacc said:
Hey guys and girls i got lucky at Planet K and a guy sold me a 600w growbright w an agrogrow bulb the ballast is mh capable and this cost a mere 200 bucks. The guy said he could get me a clone by the name of Mothership or NL #5. What should I go with? I've never heard of Mothership and he said Nl was a funny growing strain. Need a lil advice on what to choose.

Lucky bastard, I'd kill for a clone of something I knew was female, instead if I do happen to get a female *fingers crossed* I'm probably gonna do the colloidal silver thing and make some fem'd seeds to ensure I never have to worry about males again. But on another note, how dumb does a person who works at PK have to be to offer clones to a person he just met, I would be SUPER noid that he might be trying to set me up.

GroworDie

Grats on the 50th.

And yeah, the paranoia would be high in a situation like that...anyone have any more info about their supposed private mailboxes?

Erestese

A quick pic of my best plant so far, lemme know what you think. I'm kinda bummed cause at 23 days old its so small. :violin:

53115noname-med.jpeg

Crappy quality pic I know.

GroworDie

Yeah, shes a bit on the tiny side but no worries mate, she will be huge and up in smoke before you know it.

Here are my WhiteRhinos at 14 days.

I must say that I have never seen my plants growing this quickly. I have a bagseed that is at LEAST at 30 days that looks very similar to your pic, Erestese.

I get so caught up in growth from week to week that I forget that the whole damn process is over and done in 3-4 months. That's insanely fast in the grand scheme of things. Marijuana is an amazingly fast growing weed.