What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Texas growers unite

M

Movintarget

Lookin good.....your on your way to some great smoke....best wishes for a great run..... :jump:

retawgnob

Nice fellas. I've pulled a few seeds out of an oz. of dank but but they molded when i tried to germinate them. I guess i let em sit around too long. However if i wasn't too stoned in biology the other day i do remember something to the effect that an occasional seed in a plant as apposed to seed pods generally means they are feminized. I'm going to assume if this is true than this would be how seed company's can guarantee fem. seeds.

Always good to see the fellas from Texas. Another hot one today, and that humidity... DaMN! Did i mention i don't have a/c in my car... so needless to say i try to stay inside most of the day. How is everyone today?

GroworDie

A known female only crop, when left for periods beyond optimal harvest, can often shoot out male flowers and pollinate a lot or sometimes just a few female flowers. So, yeah, thats a good biology book description :)

Feminzed seeds from breeders come from female plants that have been force to produce male flowers, thus giving the breeders thousands of feminized seeds. Exactly the same concept, just forced earlier on.

Sucks that the ones you had molded. I've seen this happen on healthy seeds. You can get sulfur fungacide powder from any garden store to coat the seeds in before you set them to germinate. This will keep the fungus at bay and give em a chance to really pop.

Dude, stay cool and hydrated. Peace.

Last edited:

retawgnob

Thanks man, will do! H2O is a must. Appreciate the detailed explanatio. Like i said it was all a little Hazey... I've seen sulfur fungacide powder at the local nursery but would i only use that if i was germinating in a moist paper. What would you recomend? I have seen and spoke to many people who soak their seeds. I would assume there are problems you would run into as well.

GroworDie

Yeah, I was referring to the paper towel method, specifically but you could add some to dissolve in the water you soak em in if you prefer that method.

Also, an option is to get some Hydrogen Peroxide from almost any store and mix up a cap full with your soaking water, be it with paper towels or in a cup. Keep it on a 10 to 1 or 20 to 1 ratio and you should see that mold go away.

Good Luck!

i'mbacc

:cuss: How many post do you need before you can pm or add to someones rep? An then one post per every five minutes whoa! this is really getting to me. :rasta:

i'mbacc

Thanks man i use to be an OG'er an i was on here under another handle but forgot the password to my email at the time so i'm jus tryin to get back connected withn the community cuz i really need some Texas help.

"I figured I would get my 50 posts just by asking all the beginner questions so why rush?"
True but i've been growing for a while so i have questions just not 50 of them. I like to just talk in certain threads and learn via that but every 5 mins. is slowing things down not the number of post becuz i plan on making plenty.

retawgnob

GroworDie said:
Yeah, I was referring to the paper towel method, specifically but you could add some to dissolve in the water you soak em in if you prefer that method.

Also, an option is to get some Hydrogen Peroxide from almost any store and mix up a cap full with your soaking water, be it with paper towels or in a cup. Keep it on a 10 to 1 or 20 to 1 ratio and you should see that mold go away.

Good Luck!

Thanks man. I will have to try that out. Any body here in Texas dared to grow outdoors? If so, how'd it go? I tried once when i was just throwing seeds from my bag into a pot of soil. They sat there exposed in the sun for a while and then as a joke a friend turned the soil and i was amazed when they grew. Half survived transplant and then i learned my lesson about shutting my mouth.( :bashhead: even friends are risky :bashhead: ) I was young, dumb and full of cum. Now the only people i would tell would be the people who showed my how in the first place. So far that two people in this small shit hole town.

Now i'm still pretty young in the grand sceam( :joint: spelling) of things, not so dumb any more and as for the last part... i'm a man what can i say, but i got a lady friend to help me out with that. :muahaha:

shiggs

Ive got a plot that I can run up to 40 plants. The heat is a huge issue (obviously). Im lucky that im close to a water source and have a rez set up with a drip system. i hate having to hand water 30 plants, not to mention site prep. I think this winter im going to spread a couple of yards of dillo dirt and run a rototiller over the top of it.

keeko

shiggs said:
Ive got a plot that I can run up to 40 plants. The heat is a huge issue (obviously). Im lucky that im close to a water source and have a rez set up with a drip system. i hate having to hand water 30 plants, not to mention site prep. I think this winter im going to spread a couple of yards of dillo dirt and run a rototiller over the top of it.

damn sounds like you lucked out with the water being close to your plots. I have to go out every couple of days to water. that can be a bitch

brewtxtea

retawgnob said:
Thanks man. I will have to try that out. Any body here in Texas dared to grow outdoors? If so, how'd it go? I tried once when i was just throwing seeds from my bag into a pot of soil. They sat there exposed in the sun for a while and then as a joke a friend turned the soil and i was amazed when they grew. Half survived transplant and then i learned my lesson about shutting my mouth.( :bashhead: even friends are risky :bashhead: ) I was young, dumb and full of cum. Now the only people i would tell would be the people who showed my how in the first place. So far that two people in this small shit hole town.

Now i'm still pretty young in the grand sceam( :joint: spelling) of things, not so dumb any more and as for the last part... i'm a man what can i say, but i got a lady friend to help me out with that. :muahaha:

newb. at least when it comes to spelling..Scheme err not sceam(but no worries i'm not judging anybody here)
but yeah as far as outdoors in the Medical Bible by Cervantes he mentions guerrilla style h20 methods with 5 gallons buckets with a 5 MM hole drilled near the bottom and it will feed a kid for 3 months. hope this helps

Movintarget said:
You need to get a safe addy, open up a PO Box, for a

Hello, Texas resident here. Lifelong Texan, and if I could get a job in the Pacific Northwest that paid enough to get a good house out there, I would. But the differences in cost of living (especially homes) between Cali./Oregon and here is unreal.

I never understand why people always suggest PO Boxes. When I went to get a PO Box, I had to have two forms of identification for anybody that was going to receive mail to this PO Box.

It seems to me that a PO Box is an awful idea for shipping seeds. At least with a home address you could send to a fake name and if caught just say "hey, that's not my name."

But I'm willing to be educated. Specifically, why the PO Box suggestion in Texas?

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

Hey On The BBC...thanks for stopping by...are you sure you can't make it to the west coast?...Lol...just kidding

It seems to me that a PO Box is an awful idea for shipping seeds. At least with a home address you could send to a fake name and if caught just say "hey, that's not my name."
I'm sure the fake name would apply to either....as far as getting caught...as far as I have read, but have no practical experience.... Customs may intercept a seed package, but usually follows with a letter ..... Good luck with your "If" plans

How's everyone else doin?