What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

led05

Chasing The Present
My pleasure to stop by, your posts are interesting and I like your photos.
Out of curiosity do you have a higher education?
I think hes got about 4 of em..
Depends on what you consider “higher” - haha - but yes I have 2; truth be told I learned more as a Div 1 collegiate athlete balancing it all vs what either degree taught me, and neither were “knockoff” degrees by any means…

Interestingly the Two companies I started & ultimately sold had little to do with my educational backgrounds, and neither have anything to do with what you see in here; but often such is life… I’ll probably start one more after my midlife retirement/crisis I’ve now been on nearly a decade, holy shit does time fly!! Kids getting older now & I’ve gotta do something with my time & life :)

Rgd said:
more or less 12/12..they do flushes of pistils..then fill in..

update
I chopped them down yesterday I saw signs of reveg starting

I only get there every 4 days and the power flickers last week had messed my digital timer..

its more done than it looked..I will get a good bunch..its in good shape

will do another run for science using a tent and an mechanical timer..and do 11 on like i wanted..

gonna clean up my place and start fresh for the fall..

ps

was quite a rain here.sump pump on every 2 minutes all night there

Next time If you can start em 15/9 or so & walk down to 11/13 you’ll be rewarded with both quality & quantity, even then they’ll keep on flushing but pure flowers & no leaf as you can see earlier in here of the ones I had…

Our Sump never even turned on, I couldn’t even find a drop of water in either intakes to the hole either - I truly think that one day everything just aligned to fuck us, a handful of miles away they barely got any rain, storms just lined up perfectly an entire day to hammer us on top our little plateau & it couldn’t drain fast enough; that & fact our basement has two added blocks making it deeper than most adding to it / our vulnerability

Our basement family room area, nice & dry, that rug is so comfortable!!

IMG_1362.jpeg

Got a hundred lbs or so of tomatoes to harvest today & sauce, or at least begin the process….

One more summer vacation to go then I fire back up the indoor rooms, man did this summer go by too fast, fastest yet by far, hope that doesn’t continue though I fear it does, that’s life !

Happy growing y’all

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Ghost chilies I’ve been breeding a decade or so now; originally a x of reaper by colorful other ghosts, now huge, colorful reaper like chilies - Scoville range 1-2 million, plenty hot but still super tasty, there’s yellow ones too just not ripe yet, multiple colors appear on single plants it’s really cool imo

IMG_1365.jpeg

This is a first

IMG_1370.jpeg

^ Speckled Roman Sauce tomato

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Wife has asked to leave her some counter space in kitchen so we overflowed to one the coffee tables; there’s a crazy amount of grape & cherry tomatoes to harvest still but I’m trying to enlist the kids for that one, quite a few others too but I’m gonna wait a few days on those as this should be enough for salsa & roasted tomatoes, I’m gonna hold off on making sauce I think for now, we’ll see

IMG_1374.jpeg

IMG_1375.jpeg

Some of these are quite large

IMG_1379.jpeg

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Wife has asked to leave her some counter space in kitchen so we overflowed to one the coffee tables; there’s a crazy amount of grape & cherry tomatoes to harvest still but I’m trying to enlist the kids for that one, quite a few others too but I’m gonna wait a few days on those as this should be enough for salsa & roasted tomatoes, I’m gonna hold off on making sauce I think for now, we’ll see

View attachment 19046147

View attachment 19046148

Some of these are quite large

View attachment 19046173
Last year for the first time I oiled and seasoned cherry tomatoes then put them in the oven for a bit. They were handy to have and very flavourful. Would do it again.

The reason I asked about your education came from your posts and how nicely you articulate them. Something that might come from a person who has turned in essays or reports.

When you refer to the Speckled Roman Sauce tomato, is that the same as to what is called a roma tomato?

led05

Chasing The Present
Last year for the first time I oiled and seasoned cherry tomatoes then put them in the oven for a bit. They were handy to have and very flavourful. Would do it again.

The reason I asked about your education came from your posts and how nicely you articulate them. Something that might come from a person who has turned in essays or reports.

When you refer to the Speckled Roman Sauce tomato, is that the same as to what is called a roma tomato?
Yes - Speckled Roman is the name of a specific cultivar of a Roma / Sauce tomato we’ve been growing over a decade now - we cut romas in half, drizzle olive oil on them, tiny bit salt roast in oven - oh man so so good !

Speckled Roman
IMG_1381.jpeg

We have such a surplus of the Sun Golds this year we just gave a quart container to a few neighbors, next up I was planning on roasting a bunch too :)

Sun Gold
IMG_1380.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Only made 12 pints salsa, 6 Hot, 6 Medium, will likely make another 12-18 latter this week time permitting, this is my favorite way to preserve tomatoes most in their original state, nothing beats good fresh homemade salsa all from the garden but the limes :)

IMG_1382.jpeg

Barely put a dent in the pile it seems

IMG_1383.jpeg

Before we know it we’ll be making pear & apple sauce & harvesting cannabis; yet another great spin around the sun y’all

Much love

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
I bagged the sauerkraut...from early cabbages

View attachment 19046446
Pickled cabbage, sauerkraut fall in line with olives & apricots in my book….not my cup of tea but you enjoy it Brother !

Almost time to start brushing the outdoor ladies, maybe I’ll even take some cuts off the EP considering it’s from nearly 35 year old seed and turning into a beautiful plant…

I failed at turning the one arm, not surprising considering how large the plant already was & outdoors…

1990 EP left; 2012 Angel Heart R - interestingly MNS Angel heart is super fast vs everything else

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

And the big gal - Durlumbo

IMG_1418.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

Think I’m gonna make some more salsa today, we had some extras from yesterday I just snacked a tiny bit on, oh man the ones with Ghost Chilies in them are so damn good, but spicy ! Nothing can impart the beautiful flavor of the ghosts but for the ghosts :)

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Added 16 more Hot pints, so now 22 Hot & 6 medium for 28 total, I’m the primary salsa consumer @ here & my buddies and we all like hot… It’s hard work (especially peeling Garlic) but definitely worth it!

Everything in it but for salt, cumin & lime we grew; I can’t get enough of this stuff !

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

IMG_1446.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg

IMG_1450.jpeg

This fridge is filling up fast and a lot of the space will be reserved for potatoes, apples, carrots, beets & onions as we move things @, root veggies can be left in the ground a long time though, especially in the GH so we’ll push that

Another series of storms rolling on through, we’ve had more rain this week than June & July combined; that’s a function of a dry June / July and a wet week; we get most our summer rain past handful years it seems in August

Somebody N of us got really rocked earlier when I took this, TV had warnings going off every couple minutes

IMG_1444.jpeg

It was sunny clear skies 20 minutes BF this photo ^

IMG_1451.jpeg

Last edited:

funkyhorse

I still have plenty of stinky roses, heirloom tomatoes, all types heirloom vegetables, fruits, herbs - they are widely available … you just have to grow them yourself, roses lost their olfactory funk cuz some breeders focused on the visual & ease of growth vs the odors, sad for sure damn double knockout swag rose shit - ha

Here’s a few Tommy’s, numerous different heirloom varietals

View attachment 19046913

View attachment 19046914

View attachment 19046915

Tomatoes need natural sun & earth to taste proper, there’s no exceptions
Hola led05
I hope you dont mind talking about tomatoes. One of the side effects of growing cannabis is I like it and now I am growing veggies too. I am sprouting about 30 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes
What varieties are you growing?

I am very impressed with american bred tomatoes and russian varieties
This year I am trying more varieties
What varieties do you prefer?
I find the black types the best for salad, sandwich and sauce. I liked cherokee purple. Impressive large tomatoes, tasty. Another variety I tried last year was Marglobe. This year I am sprouting and trying around 30 varieties.
I also sprouted some seed from last year tomatoes. I am sure it is all crossed polinization, I am very curious to see what kind of crazy crosses they do. I am sprouting brandywine, I hope I like it

What heirloom tomato varieties are your favourite?

Do you know where american tomatoes are bred? California or northern Usa?
My favourite tomato from last year, very very tasty
Orange Russian 117, this one is american despite the name
Orange russian 117.jpeg
Orange russian 117 (4).jpeg

I find the blacks similar, like Black Krim. The best roma tomato I tried is Black Plum. It is a roma tasty in a salad and sandwich
Not Purple Strawberry is a daughter of Cherokee Purple. At this part of the world, the only way to eat this is grow it yourself, same same as cannabis sativas, the only way to smoke them here is grow it yourself
Not purple strawberry.jpeg

Russian tomatoes are so interesting. Tasty varieties with cold tolerance. This year I am sprouting more russians
Azoychka was a surprise. Excellent beefstake tomato.
Azoychka (1).jpeg
Azoychka (2).jpeg
Azoychka (3).jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
So I ate a bunch of boomers to hopefully watch the Perseid meteor shower and the darn clouds kept rolling in, I decide now to do one last check, @230 in morning - I see a huge red mushroom cloud / kaleidoscope of colors across most the sky but for the horizon, I’m like holy shit I didn’t eat that much - lol - proof I’m not crazy

IMG_1469.jpeg

IMG_1465.jpeg

IMG_1471.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1476.jpeg

Shit was in flux changing constantly; pics on a phone never do justice but it’s still pretty damn cool !

These two below almost looks N Lights to me, I’m not sure what to make of it all but I’m tired, long ass day, maybe I need some sleep every now & then… ha

IMG_1464.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
they do look like Nl...

ps
EP are sure not early ..ain’t that funny
Maybe they are fast to finish, they’ve definitely started to flower & some arms ahead others but the Angel Heart has @ 2 week jump start on it and not sure the Angel Heart is known for “speed”….

Every time I pop gear from a bank and compare it to what’s stated; I realize clearly I have much more rigorous breeding standards & procedures here vs whatever the FK it was they were/are/will be doing there!

led05

Chasing The Present
my" fat “durlumbo glory cut may even get fat this time

I am now thinking that the last two times they were not fat because of lingering russets..

anyway..this photo is an old one and they are still puffing up..

this is the absolute deal for bed time.....

a bud has been hit with cambo/laos pollen[along with others] in hopes and creating a day time cross

View attachment 19022307
Once you get them into a proper room with timers you can fully control till end (I.e. 11/13) I think you’ll be blown away by how much better they can even be, above things were looking spot on, the revegging end that later came saps the plant of its quality ime especially with leaf that doesn’t belong & nobody wants to trim…

I’m looking forwards to your true dedicated sativa grow upcoming, & what better time to start than right now leading into fall :)

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Maybe they are fast to finish, they’ve definitely started to flower & some arms ahead others but the Angel Heart has @ 2 week jump start on it and not sure the Angel Heart is known for “speed”….

Every time I pop gear from a bank and compare it to what’s stated; I realize clearly I have much more rigorous breeding standards & procedures here vs whatever the FK it was they were/are/will be doing there!
EP have blasted into flower now, Angel Heart is too but man did EP just crank up the gears, nice terps in there too, even the OS pure pine of the early 90’s ;)
they do look like Nl...

ps
EP are sure not early ..ain’t that funny

IMG_1511.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg

IMG_1510.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg