What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

led05

Chasing The Present
Front is HI Indica behind her Durlumbo

IMG_1521.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

Durlumbo
IMG_1525.jpeg

IMG_1538.jpeg

Early Pearl from 1990 seed
IMG_1533.jpeg

IMG_1532.jpeg

Angel Heart 2012 sees - MNS - faster than I expected for sure

IMG_1530.jpeg

IMG_1531.jpeg

Tang Fem Random Mix - Love the structure on this one, very upright but great node spacing, branching & not too many leafs

IMG_1534.jpeg

I haven’t plucked a leaf of trimmed a thing after bending & breaking them to keep ‘em short, just wanna see what they do on their own w as little work as possible

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Looks like the one Uncle Buck x Cambodian/Laos is a male, this plant leans heavily towards the SE Asians; I’m gonna let him stick @ & hit up the outdoor plants a tiny bit, not sure how much pollen will make it to them but I’m sure some will. He seemingly went from showing nothing to gonna start dropping soon here in a few days, I like that, his terps, structure, hardiness and I love dads genetics & know Uncle Bud has been putting work into moms genetics many years now & I trust in that…

Still working towards a near pure Sativa that finishes here properly & reliably, every year getting closer & closer…

Extreme Crocodile leafs, some triplet serrations too, very much a SE Asian trait IME

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1559.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Both UB x Cambodian are males; I’m leaving the one above….

Finally back from all summer vacations, time to start firing up the indoor machines - woo hoo

A buddy in a different forum is growing NC I made from the late 90’s / 2000 batch, everything else he’s grown this year has melted or stunted completely, the NC the exceptions - been cool & wet in the PNW this summer, especially the start for him, I’m gonna have to inject some NC into my outdoor breeding projects this winter

I was mentioning there How many think / envision Sativas during their evolutions had it “easy” vs BLD when in fact it’s the polar opposite, BLD basking in low humidity high UV elevations, consistent sun & weather albeit it cooler, but overall a paradise vs what many sativas experience, you want hardy tough plants - inject NLD into them - well it’s good to stand by your words so I shall ;)

Currently I have a NLD dom Angel Heart from MNS @2011/12 that is super early to flower and moving along very quickly, she’s definitely getting added to the Equation too

AH

IMG_1900.jpeg

IMG_1901.jpeg

IMG_1903.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

Durlumbo - @15 foot diameter now & 9 feet tall, I’m definitely still in trouble here, gonna seed her up with numerous papas and at least succeed in that regard, this is the stickiest stemmed plant I’ve ever grown, BY FAR !

IMG_1904.jpeg

IMG_1905.jpeg

Watering cans are 2Gallon / 8 Liter sized

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
More Salsa coming soon, then sauce, I’ve got another 6-7 gallons of sauce tomatoes in garage plus whatever is left over here from salsa making to use for making sauce…

IMG_1924.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

A bit more than a decade ago I started on breeding a huge Reaper like pepper but also came in various colorings. I began with original reaper seeds, a huge Orange Habanero and another large yellow Habanero, the goal was to breed super hot like the reaper but larger peppers & coming in multiple colors…

I’ve now got plants that toss huge reaper like ghost chilies but deep orange & red even on the same plant, and sometimes even with yellow all on the same plant; a plant that grows vigorously here & produces too….!

The bottom two rows came from the same plant and are from 2023 seed, the top row is from 2020 seed and was a form of this peppers evolution, they are not nearly as hot as the crinkly ghost looking ones

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
This is a large 7 or 8 gallon pot; I began this sauce batch with long sweet Macedonian peppers, German Garlic & Ghost chilies, all stuff I’ve been breeding a decade plus, simmered in olive oil on hot first for a nice sear, then tomatoes go on top for the long & slow cook, I’m gonna go harvest more to add, later add fresh herbs and once cooking down to a sauce add salt to season & taste…. During cooking in the garage I’ll be outside working checking on it every 20 minutes or so (also cleaning jars & lids) it really only gets difficult near end (which will be tomorrow), I’ve still got sauce stains on my garage ceiling from last time, my garage has 11 foot tall ceilings - haha

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_1943.jpeg

Oh man does it already smell great in there

led05

Chasing The Present
I Topped it off & cut some herbs to set on top before I immersion blend it later on….

To all you Nannas out there our kitchen only has one rule; there are no rules experiment, always - ha

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1950.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1953.jpeg

So barren now
IMG_1952.jpeg

So from the gardens this sauce will have
- Sweet Peppers
- Garlic
- Ghost Chilies - only two in entire pot
- White & Red Onion
- few types tomatoes
- Basil
- Thyme
- Oregano
- Lemon & Lime Balm
- Mint Flowers
- Ironwort Aka Greek Tea
- Rosemary
- Maybe I’ll add a few early apples to sweeten it up or sauce made last year

Only items not from Garden Salt & Olive Oil

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Thickening up nicely

IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

Edibles a chef buddy is working on from flowers I provided, these are kinda b/w jello & gummies from the looks of them & my experience with the last batch, at first I didn’t love the texture but now I do & my last batch almost gone, they hit you fast & differently vs say chocolate truffles or fudge

IMG_2321.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Sauce done, made 16 pints worth. It reminds me of a dipping sauce a local restaurant makes @ here but sans the 1/4th part olive oil like theirs. They sell it for like $20/cup there & at grocery stores, biasedly I think this sauce tastes better. We don’t eat a ton of pasta in general so use this sauce as often in a Dutch oven or slow cooker with meats as we do on pasta, either way it’s gonna work out well

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

IMG_1989.jpeg