What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No dollar amount can replace all the TLC one gives to their magical plants…it’s nice to receive that compensation….unfortunately these two parts of the equation never match up

it's the butterfly version of an A-10 Warthog. lose a wing, lose a tail, WTF...fly back home... Mother Nature is a tough ol' bat. they don't just give up and die...:good:

About half and half. Tomatoes, peppers, melons mine, rest Mennonites. I would love to grow it all as I've done in the past but the stupid day job thwarts my efforts. Work, it's always interfering with me life lol

What a perfect labor day. 65 degrees and sunny. Just needs to be a week long as I can't get all the labor done in one day lol. Grass cutting, trimming, turning over soil on a quarter acre, planting blueberry, raspberry and grapes, hopefully have time for a beer and a fire with some good eats.

Well ... View attachment 19058444 View attachment 19058445 View attachment 19058446 View attachment 19058447 I mean more beer..😂
It’s a labor of love we did have a stiff wind last night. Problem is the plants are just too darn big I could’ve started a month later and I’ve been fine everything needs to be given some TLC that includes retention and all the wire and rope and braces, etc. good grief, I’m tempted to join Lester

Loriented

1000013781.jpg
1000013782.jpg
1000013782.jpg

oldmaninbc

These plants are expensive if I calculate the amount of time that I actually put into them
I think back to my early days of guerrilla gardening...talk about time, it truly is a labor of love. I probably done 30-40 or so outdoor gardens, during that time. Growing in the mountains, in the swamps and anywhere that seemed like a possible good outcome. I worked my butt off but I was my own person, no one telling me when to do something. All things come to an end but I have good/bad memories of those days.

Today I am licenced to grow up to 20 plants indoors, I never usually come close to this amount, my tent is 1mx1m

oldmaninbc

Police in southeastern B.C. have raided a marijuana grow operation that was apparently guarded by black bears.

Officers conducting the raid two weeks ago at Christina Lake found a property with two residential buildings and a fenced-off grow-op with about 1,000 plants, police said Tuesday.

But they also found about 10 bears that the owner appeared to be using to keep people from stealing any pot plants, said RCMP Sgt. Fred Mansveld.

"[Officers] soon noticed the bears were docile and tame," Mansveld told CBC News. "One of them jumped on our unmarked car for a while. But it soon became apparent they were habituated to the grow operation."

It was evident the animals had lived on the property for some time, police said.

The woman accused of running the grow-op has been feeding the bears for years, one neighbour said.

Police are recommending that the woman face charges related to marijuana cultivation.

Conservation officers now have to decide what to do about the bears, which might have to be destroyed because they have become too used to human food and contact, police said.

Christina Lake is about 350 kilometres east of Vancouver.
I had posted this from a newspaper clipping over at the OFC.

I use to work and live at Christina Lake

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seemed like a possible good outcome. I worked my butt off but I was
I can identify with you ..whole grow this year was much more than I really bargained for although I wanted to grow. did not want it to be on the huge scale. just started to early and now there’s no getting out of it really it’s a lot of work. I’m glad I can do the work. …

oldmaninbc

What years were you doing this ? I’d like to hear some old stories
My earliest grow goes back into the 60s when I found some seeds in a chunk of hash, it was a pathetic attempt at growing. There was no information on cannabis growing at first. Hash was dominant, there was no weed in the very early days where I lived . My grandfather did teach me about vegetable and flower gardening, I was about 12, he was an organic gardener. He would take me in Fall Fairs, to compete on veggies and flowers.

When I moved to BC in the early 70s, that's where weed was dominant over hash . That's when I cut my teeth on guerrilla gardening. The seeds from the hash proved to be suitable to BCs climate and were accidently bred into another hash plant strain. Years later would become the building blocks of my best strains.

The other day you talked about quality, it took a while to produce my own seed. Eventually producing quality bud. In the very early days people had no idea you could grow primo bud. They all thought it had to be imported. That changed as word got around.
The biggest advantage was to grow bud that could hit the market first, by mid to late Sept. The best bud always came later, very late Sept to early Oct. My best bud was somewhat confusing, you could lose your train of thought in the middle of a conversation and forget what you were talking about. People loved it though. Eventually other growers here about each other and start trading genetics. I had friends who were international travellers. It all just fell into place.

Then indoor/lights and skunk happened. That changed it all.

Sellers were taking outdoor BC bud all over north america but indoor became better all round. At first, quality outdoor was being sold as indoor, until buyers became savvy. After a while nobody wanted outdoor anymore, even if it was good. Buyers were using loops to count the glands, indoor usually had a higher gland count per mm than outdoor.

That's kind of a summary, there were fun and disappointing grows over the years.

Sub24ox7

It was old and probably time for it to go.
Just hope the other lasts for awhile longer. I have one more I bought at the same time for another lamp.