What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My earliest grow goes back into the 60s when I found some seeds in a chunk of hash, it was a pathetic attempt at growing. There was no information on cannabis growing at first. Hash was dominant, there was no weed in the very early days where I lived . My grandfather did teach me about vegetable and flower gardening, I was about 12, he was an organic gardener. He would take me in Fall Fairs, to compete on veggies and flowers.

When I moved to BC in the early 70s, that's where weed was dominant over hash . That's when I cut my teeth on guerrilla gardening. The seeds from the hash proved to be suitable to BCs climate and were accidently bred into another hash plant strain. Years later would become the building blocks of my best strains.

The other day you talked about quality, it took a while to produce my own seed. Eventually producing quality bud. In the very early days people had no idea you could grow primo bud. They all thought it had to be imported. That changed as word got around.
The biggest advantage was to grow bud that could hit the market first, by mid to late Sept. The best bud always came later, very late Sept to early Oct. My best bud was somewhat confusing, you could lose your train of thought in the middle of a conversation and forget what you were talking about. People loved it though. Eventually other growers here about each other and start trading genetics. I had friends who were international travellers. It all just fell into place.

Then indoor/lights and skunk happened. That changed it all.

Sellers were taking outdoor BC bud all over north america but indoor became better all round. At first, quality outdoor was being sold as indoor, until buyers became savvy. After a while nobody wanted outdoor anymore, even if it was good. Buyers were using loops to count the glands, indoor usually had a higher gland count per mm than outdoor.

That's kind of a summary, there were fun and disappointing grows over the years.
:cool:

Sub24ox7

IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg
IMG_5649.jpeg
Mm/thai78 x THH #3

gmanwho

Veteran
It’s like I’m living in a time machine my days are arranged in rinse and repeat of the previous days….. :)

i was just saying something like this to a friend of mine few weeks ago. On how we clone, and start or make new seeds. then grow those plants out to flower finish and into bag. sold an or smoked off. 100-130 days later we tear everything down, clean, rinse an repeat. Over an over.

Or any farming in general i guess. An not many professions or careers are like this. Its a whole another animal. Kinda depressing in the end. Unless its a seed,.... all you created goes to ash. You really dont have anything to really really show for it. And its becoming less an less appreciated.

Its not like you built a house, built a deck or an addition, or a child's play ground. tiled a floor, built a boat. Or created a club for people to gather at with same interest. Or maybe processed some paperwork. Fixed a car.

It is nice when people appreciate the flower an or oil. But in the end there's not much to hold in your hand.

Tear it all down, and start again.

then u say "hey, remember that such an such plant, man i wish i still had that" But atleast that deck you built is still standing

It wears on you.

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
had an awesome apple earlier fp bag said s.minni after looking up came from farm called minnetonka orchards best apple i had yet this year. i see applecrisp with a big glass of milk in my future
Yep getting psyched for the crop of apples. It’s going to be good this year. I ordered a custom apple pie from one of my neighbors who does baking.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
yup apple connoisseur so many variety out there. was a well known apple orchard near me from mid 1800s guy stacked some of the tightest rock-wall i ever seen its few miles in length 5 foot thick in some spots. people stealing the rocks and time did a number on it looks nothing today like the stories and pics spoke of. some olden pics old new pulled off the web
fortress look across the road
1276257_418845091559640_1160460263_o.jpg

1006357_418846538226162_1556879328_n.jpg

images (1).jpeg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup apple connoisseur so many variety out there. was a well known apple orchard near me from mid 1800s guy stacked some of the tightest rock-wall i ever seen its few miles in length 5 foot thick in some spots. people stealing the rocks and time did a number on it looks nothing today like the stories and pics spoke of. some olden pics old new pulled off the web
fortress look across the road
View attachment 19059246
View attachment 19059247
View attachment 19059248
I splurged on a boneless ribeye for myself finally getting around to it … amazingly tender, … really good cut
I’ll be hitting the cider mill later this week for my first of many gallons of cider this season.

Latest posts

Latest posts