What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
Another hot 🥵 day… more to come this week.
It’s nearly the time of year for the perseids meteor ☄️ shower (12/13 August) and I’m going to see if I can get little miss b out in the garden with me to watch for a bit.

Sitting outside the shed tonight under a clear sky trying to cool off a bit… lots of stars visible

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hospital today, follow up appointment for the mri I had on my back.
Maybe it will provide some answers but I’m not holding out much hope … mainly due to past experiences with doctors.
For example, with my knee they said I have basically no cartilage left and my kneecap gets caught in the joint … so I’ll have to put up with it and nothing was done.
More of the same to come no doubt. 😕

Cuddles

Hospital today, follow up appointment for the mri I had on my back.
Maybe it will provide some answers but I’m not holding out much hope … mainly due to past experiences with doctors.
For example, with my knee they said I have basically no cartilage left and my kneecap gets caught in the joint … so I’ll have to put up with it and nothing was done.
More of the same to come no doubt. 😕
that really sucks :(
Have you tried to rebuild the cartilage with supplements yet?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thunderstorms 🌩️ yay 🥳
Sitting in the shed watching the heavy rain … lovely after the heat of the last week… it’s really hammering down, I’ve just had to sit a bit further back or my joint will get wet 💦
As I type it’s just broken the gutter on the roof an water is pouring down the side of the house… dammit 🤬
It’ll have to be fixed but right now it’s raining sideways

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Hailstones too now… some crazy energy out there…

We have had some strange vicious weather here as well. On the bright side, we have avoided our seemingly usual mid-summer drought this year which certainly helps on the water bill since I haven't had to break out my Aqua Joe sprinkler yet . . . The flower gardens on the other hand, always need water.:rasta:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I completely forgot I had left my little gorilla haze seedlings outside catching the sun yesterday so they got a bit of a beating by the storm… one lost half a leaf and they look a little sorry for themselves but i think they will pull through 🤞

Little bit cooler today thankfully

Betterhaff

Veteran
Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. I keep a stash in the cupboard for just such an occasion. Surprisingly my neighbor does too, much better than the tomato juice. It was funny, he said he was sick of smelling vinegar, his girl put glasses of vinegar around the house to purge the aroma. I don’t think the dog understands..yet. But the spray does burn, especially in the eyes.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Damn… glad we don’t have to deal with skunks 🦨 in this country… I just know our jack Russell would not leave them alone

Damn hot again… in the 30°s until at least Tuesday… personally I can’t wait for the leaves 🍂 to start falling

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Our sheltie was skunked in our backyard five years ago or so. Even months later, his head smelled like skunk whenever he got wet. Since then, I always do a quick visual check for skunks when I let him out at night. Even though we are in a city, we have seen a surprising menagerie of animals in our hood. Skunks, raccoons, opossums, fox, coyotes, rabbits, rats, mice . . .

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Our sheltie was skunked in our backyard five years ago or so. Even months later, his head smelled like skunk whenever he got wet. Since then, I always do a quick visual check for skunks when I let him out at night. Even though we are in a city, we have seen a surprising menagerie of animals in our hood. Skunks, raccoons, opossums, fox, coyotes, rabbits, rats, mice . . .
The most we get here are mice, rats and foxes… a fox came right up to the house and went to walk past me sitting in the shed doorway last week - I said what the f do you think you’re doing and it shot off down the garden.
Luckily our Jack Russell was out for a walk at the time.
The local foxes killed our chickens a few years back, so they’re not my favourite animals.

Hot again today, they’re saying up to 35° … but hopefully some Atlantic winds coming tomorrow to clear the humidity 🤞