What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sittin in my shed....

mr.brunch

Veteran
We just cooled down to the 70s here in Washington, a little cloudy and slightly breezy. I saw a possum the other day and am surrounded by crows and chickens and hummers
The wind is just starting to change direction as I type… still hot though and meant to still be around 70°f (20°c) at midnight… little cooler Tomorrow though 👍👍

Cuddles

The most we get here are mice, rats and foxes… a fox came right up to the house and went to walk past me sitting in the shed doorway last week - I said what the f do you think you’re doing and it shot off down the garden.
Luckily our Jack Russell was out for a walk at the time.
The local foxes killed our chickens a few years back, so they’re not my favourite animals.

Hot again today, they’re saying up to 35° … but hopefully some Atlantic winds coming tomorrow to clear the humidity 🤞
Foxes can be a big problem. I have read about them breaking into peoples houses through those cat/dog doors and attacking people or even pets. And yes, this was in England.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Foxes can be a big problem. I have read about them breaking into peoples houses through those cat/dog doors and attacking people or even pets. And yes, this was in England.
They won’t usually come in the garden in the day if the dog is here… he’s overly fearless, doesn’t bark at them just tries to go straight at their throats 😳… typical of the breed though
A couple of years ago he chased one over a 6ft fence somehow and we couldn’t find him for a couple of hours… eventually located him in a walled in garden down the road through calling then listening for barks 🤣

Cuddles

They won’t usually come in the garden in the day if the dog is here… he’s overly fearless, doesn’t bark at them just tries to go straight at their throats 😳… typical of the breed though
A couple of years ago he chased one over a 6ft fence somehow and we couldn’t find him for a couple of hours… eventually located him in a walled in garden down the road through calling then listening for barks 🤣
they break in at night time I think. And yes, they will bite humans , even when they´re asleep for no reason apparantly,
So make sure you stay safe:)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
This one was quite fearless. A typical urban fox. He spotted me walking the dog but didn’t back off. He just crossed the street and headed down a convenient driveway.

fox winter 2022.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Foxes can be a big problem.
i'll trade you a pack of coyotes for some of your foxes. we used to have more than we needed, and many died off during rabies outbreaks. now that coyotes have moved east across the Mississippi river (damn bridges!) it is rare to see one. coyotes kill them whenever they can. the smaller tree-climbing gray foxes can escape...

mr.brunch

Veteran
Went to see my sick relative who I help with medicine/smoke on Friday and I’m still in shock about how badly ill he was.
He’s always had psoriasis over most of him (on top of everything else!) but it seems to have turned inward and is attacking his joints, muscles and heart 😳
He was swollen everywhere with eyes nearly shut, couldn’t even move his fingers to type a text… I knew he’d had pain recently but it developed to this over 2 days.
Needless to say we got him into the hospital, but the worry is now his heart rate is nearly 200bpm resting and beta blockers aren’t working.
They also say he has a blood infection 🤦🏻‍♂️

He’s in the best place, but I’m incredibly worried 😟

Cuddles

Went to see my sick relative who I help with medicine/smoke on Friday and I’m still in shock about how badly ill he was.
He’s always had psoriasis over most of him (on top of everything else!) but it seems to have turned inward and is attacking his joints, muscles and heart 😳
He was swollen everywhere with eyes nearly shut, couldn’t even move his fingers to type a text… I knew he’d had pain recently but it developed to this over 2 days.
Needless to say we got him into the hospital, but the worry is now his heart rate is nearly 200bpm resting and beta blockers aren’t working.
They also say he has a blood infection 🤦🏻‍♂️

He’s in the best place, but I’m incredibly worried 😟
OMG :(

I´m very sorry to hear this. He must feel like sh*t.
I can offer advice for his skin problem but a blood infection - bl**dy h*ll. Do you know how he got it, has he ever received a blood transfusion or anything?

It´s possible to lower your heart rate by doing a simple breathing excercise.
You make yourself nice and comfy eg just lying in bed flat on your back and close your eyes. Clear your mind and just focus. (yes this is much harder than it sounds !)
Then you take a deep breath and hold it whilst counting to 5 or 10, then breathe out again. Keep repeating until you are really, really relaxed.
This may take some practice until you get it right. :)

It´s basically a meditation technique. I used to do this a lot and sometimes Imy mind and body would feel so relaxed that I would actually fall asleep, lol.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks mate
He’s been moved to the intensive care unit now but I think they’re moving him again to the cardiac ward soon.
He’s always had pretty bad psoriasis but they think it’s turned into Erythrodermic Psoriasis and it’s got infected through a break in the skin. Hard to say where as the psoriasis goes from the top of his head to the end of his toes now, as well as eyes and throat 😳
This can also attack the heart, pancreas and kidneys and he’s had heart failure a few years ago so it’s a worrying time…

Cuddles

Thanks mate
He’s been moved to the intensive care unit now but I think they’re moving him again to the cardiac ward soon.
He’s always had pretty bad psoriasis but they think it’s turned into Erythrodermic Psoriasis and it’s got infected through a break in the skin. Hard to say where as the psoriasis goes from the top of his head to the end of his toes now, as well as eyes and throat 😳
This can also attack the heart, pancreas and kidneys and he’s had heart failure a few years ago so it’s a worrying time…
so the psoriasis actually got into the blood stream and caused th e blood infection? Oh man, that´s so bad. :(

If he gets to go home again I can give you a really good tip to take care of his skin so it heals again. :) But it´s a slow process not a quick fix.

mr.brunch

Veteran
so the psoriasis actually got into the blood stream and caused th e blood infection? Oh man, that´s so bad. :(

If he gets to go home again I can give you a really good tip to take care of his skin so it heals again. :) But it´s a slow process not a quick fix.
I’m only just finding out that untreated psoriasis can attack the pancreas, heart and kidneys as well as all the joints in the body 😳
This explains why he suddenly became diabetic a couple of years ago, and suffered from heart failure around the same time.
Shame the doctors couldn’t connect it earlier.

Latest posts

Latest posts