What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

GreenestBasterd

hopefully theres pleasure in that pack of basqueberry.
was browsing through angus site myself yesterday, and today too because of your post of 90s masterkush x lao2.
Did you get them mate?
I know a handful of people that were keen, but the hefty price… and not one report a while back, surely there should be one or two grows of it by now?

shiva82

from what i understood djs lines do well in outcrossing, especially if youre not happy with vigour or even potency.
i have wasted loads of money chasing a blueberry

i had a pack of djblueberry that were terrible too

i put it down to selections , and maybe i need to grow 100s just to find that 1 goodun'

the best tasting seed form blueberry i have grown came from a packet of bc blueberry which were line bred outside

i presume the last batches were f4s? i'm unsure . i just think the line peaked at some point and at some stage went off course .

i have no idea and trust nobody, so all i can do is guess to be honest

i also read the dj release f5s are hit and miss , so it is interesting to see how basqueberry does as it is meant to be f5 blueberry .

Again, the problem is seed price and space ... i only ordered 5 . chances of me finding a blueberry pheno at f5 on regulars , imo, are quite slim , and i can't judge any strain fully with just 5 seeds either

i think 20 seeds grown out is a fair amount to base a basic opinion on a cultivar

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
for sure, i totally get what youre sayin.
also horses for courses.
from what i heard most of djs stuff is rather in the lower to mid thc range, and his lines are suffering a bit from inbreeding depression, probably those things kinda co relate.
but it seems that his stuff is also quite unique genetically because he stayed true to his seed families that he bred from just a few parental lines.
to me thats all very intriguing.
i like his approach at breeding for his own head and not introducing 'hype' genetics into his lines.
he was also beeing really old school with his breeding, no lab testing for whatever percentages to satisfy the market as it is today. very in line with my own beliefs i guess.

i'd really really dig to try some of his stuff at some point in time.

shiva82

One of the best tasting plants I've ever grown was a DP Blueberry - it gave me the fear though! I'll be growing a couple of DP BB fems this winter.
i recall us discussing that.. i had the same experience with blue moonshine around 2001. that tasted great too

i had a dutch passion that did not hermie and tasted partiallu blueberry in my last hunt , but it was far too leafy and a terrible yield .

what year was your dp blueberry purchased? around 20 years ago?

shiva82

smoking a pin joint of the silver soar . i wake up wanting to smoke this stuff. the best weed i have had in a couple of years . even harvested slightly early and uncured. it smokes tremendously , tastes great , and has great effects . really nice ganja imo

Attachments

• IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts