What's new

Shiva Grows

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
s4xs4 sounds like what i wanna do.
maybe a lazy way or maybe just a quicker way. or just different.
i guess by the s4 generation you have a bunch of very obvious throwaways, wich would make selections easier. just take the one that doenst go intersex and is not trying to kill itself and cross it to its counterpart of the other parental line of the cross... heterosis yay.

shiva82

Tony Green's Tortured Beans​

Gorilla Glue #4 RIL (Recombinant inbred line)​

Sex: Regular
Flower Time: 63-70 days
Yield: medium to heavy
Quality: Legendary
Quantity: 10 plus 10 free!
One of the finest Glue lines known to man is finally about to hit your hands.
After nearly a decade of development in the pursuit of true breeding homozygous breeding material we are pleased to announce the release of the #RIL!
Classic line breeding is hard work but the results are well worth it and we are proud to give you one of the finest seed lines of 2020.
Here two half sibs with paternal ancestral descent were inbred independently by backcrossing to the clone only repeatedly then recombined to create the #RIL.
This breeding scheme is not often seen or even possible due to the lack of line work in today's gene pool but is a classic example of fine inbreeding.
Years of development can be seen in the Gorilla Bubble thread on Icmag and the Mycotek work on his chem based GG4 BX6 is also well documented.
Think of it as a full sib cross on steroids because each line was back crossed to recover well over 95% of the parents genome.
Benefits of this scheme include avoidance of inbreeding depression, reintroduction of hybrid vigor and increased homozygosity.
#4 RIL features connoisseur quality, outstanding potency and extreme resin production with a knockout terpene profile of glass penetrating,
loud, raunchy, chemmy, glue funk with hints of skunky, chocolaty, coffee undertones that are guaranteed to make you drool.
Combining those characteristics with outstanding growth structure, excellent flower formation the #RIL is a powerhouse to be reckoned with.

$125.00

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
il_570xN.2088464908_d55z~2.jpg

goingrey

i like the plug and play aspect very much.
edit: and i think the smaller boards that would fit my scheme are kinda crappy/old.
Most of the smaller boards don't seem that great/new you're right. Latest Spider Farmer 1000 sounds quite nice with the LM301H EVO diodes I suppose..

But are the the PL-L retrofit LED "bulbs" better? Haven't looked into it but would be surprised. Do they make the LED filament bulb types?

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
what are you growing? spagetti type? goingreys especial spagetti strain
you got me on that one hehhe
noodles og.
those led pl-l's cant be much worse than the screw in leds, and i think the screw ins are fantastic for the price.
the plls are much more expensive though, but i need the vertical space.

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
@goingrey i'll decide what to do by the budget i'll have at hand.
i want a tiny cheap growspace without too much macguyverism. plug and play stuff would be ideal.
with the SILs, 3x13watt bulbs with the dome off cover a squarefoot efficiently.

ive looked at led strips but they end up beeing too expensive, or i dont have a good source.
the SILs take up too much space but are cheapest.
the plls are flat enough and pricewise somewhere in the middle ...

i'll check my measurements tomorrow.
first day of work, gotta try and get some sleep so i can get up early.
Peace!

Last edited:

Old Piney

Maybe I can send you some of these seeds to look through and you can refine it a bit and it will turn into a super-keeper stock!
Not me maybe Shiva, I can't keep up with what I already got going. Selection is the tough thing .It's so much work especially outside , you gotta select a good male or two ( not an easy task ) then pollenate and tag females and then sample and select etc .it's just a lot of work and overwhelming to me but I do what I can

Old Piney

hey @shiva82 i'm pondering about turning a small cupboard into a micro grow area this year, and i was wondering if i use a few coats of some good paint on the inside, would it be enough insulation from humidity?
of course the cupboard is made out of shit pressed wood-ish materials...
Just a thought use old-school whitewash. That's hydrated lime and water it's good for preventing mold ,non-toxic and white

Last edited:

DaEarl73

@goingrey i'll decide what to do by the budget i'll have at hand.
i want a tiny cheap growspace without too much macguyverism. plug and play stuff would be ideal.
with the SILs, 3x13watt bulbs with the dome off cover a squarefoot efficiently.

ive looked at led strips but they end up beeing too expensive, or i dont have a good source.
the SILs take up too much space but are cheapest.
the plls are flat enough and pricewise somewhere in the middle ...

i'll check my measurements tomorrow.
first day of work, gotta try and get some sleep so i can get up early.
Peace!
Heyhey calm down! What no macguyverism? I guess someone joined the fightclub hahahaha you can choose the battle field! Better don’t forget chewing gums! When I am finished with you, you gonna have..

shiva82

distemper style whitewash is a good idea, but it becomes chalky on the surface , and subsequent coating do not adhere well. it does work though. lime plaster is what i have in much of my house . most damp problems in old houses are where they have removed the lime and replace with gypsum , and then then filled the air vents

Latest posts

Latest posts